U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 08:44 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,084,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Easy to talk about a dead guy. What awards for heriosm can you put out for us to review or should we just call you Audie
I served, unlike you and "light loafers Wayne."

Old 12-26-2008, 09:10 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Funny how suddenly this thread is about John Wayne and personal attacks - and not about the topic of the thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:23 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,536,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They either own guns or have body guards with guns or both. Hypocrites.

rosie "the spoon" o'donnel is famous for saying everyone that owns guns should be put in jail while she walks around with 2-4 armed security bodyguards.

talk about a hypocrite.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
This is why, for the most part I have utter contempt for Hollywood. They tell us how to live but have no intention of living like that. That's especially true when it comes to all this green living stuff; a Prius for the masses but Hummers and private jets for the elite.

sort of like how al "invented the internet" gore screams for everyone to help save the planet but but wastes power for his own 6,000 square foot home.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Wink We Wish You a Special CHristmas, and an Heretical New Year...

Oh you boys..... tsk tsk. Don't you get it? There's the Rules for Them, and then there's the Rules for You! (Your's tend to be a tad bit more restrictive, 'course, and they certainly don't allow guns).

Here's a bit'o interesting reading for us peasants. Pretty inspiring, tho' "they" would call this sort of writing heretical...

[SIZE=2]Alan Stang -- How We Got Here - Where We Are Going [/SIZE]

Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,318,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Here we go again. You served, so what? Alot of people served & still manage to remember WHO they served & WHY they were at war.
Get over yourself already.

Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,084,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Here we go again. You served, so what? Alot of people served & still manage to remember WHO they served & WHY they were at war.
Get over yourself already.
I agree; it was silly for rifleman to bring up that cowardly draft dodger Marion Morrison as a defender of gun rights.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:34 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Cool Boom boom boom boom boom boom.....

Quote:
I agree; it was silly for rifleman to bring up that cowardly draft dodger Marion Morrison as a defender of gun rights.
Act-choo-lee, rl, I can see how you get confused in these here threads, posts, 'n stuff. It was monkeywrenching's Post #425, pg 43, where John Wayne was first mentioned. I'm just righteously defending the Green Beret man (that reference will get you goin' too, won't it?).

BTW, Gary Cooper, though originally from Montana, was never a real cowboy or military man either. He played Sgt. York as I recall... Do you "diss" him as well for that? Personally, I really liked his philosophies: honesty, straightforward respect for other folks' opinions and a quiet thoughtful maturity.

Oh yeah, we'd better call Marty Sheen, Sean Penn, Sheen's son Charlie, Ah-noldt, and a bunch of other "imposters"! Yikes!

If by your rigid standards Marion John Wayne isn't suitable to represent gun owners and the Second Amendment simply because he didn't serve directly in the military and or might have been quietly gay (and hence is dishonest or dishonorable in your bigotted eyes...), then Barak can't represent honest politicians, Pat Robertson can't represent honest evangelicals, Rosie can't represent, well... anyone, Chuckles Schummer can't represent polite and humble human beings, and Al Gore definitely cannot represent (1) The Internet or (2) knowledgeable Ecologists.

I've still got six shots left in this thing! Must be a Hollywood stunt gun!

http://img3.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0038.gif (broken link)

Old 12-27-2008, 05:02 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,318,833 times
Quote:
He didn't bring Wayne up & the one who did didn't say he was a defender of gun rights. He said he viewed him as a hero.

Theres many icons that people look up to who were just playing roles. Its the ideals those characters portrayed that are viewed as heroic, patriotic or what have you. Its the same thing as people feeling a war movie was patriotic or that those in it were heroic.

There are hero's & patriots that never served a day in their lives in the military, they are still patriots & hero's, there are also men who served but arent worth spit. A persons job doesn't make them a man, a hero, or worthy of praise & real military hero's dont need to point out their service to the country at every chance.
Humility is a rare thing amongst wannabees, but its common among real hero's, both military & otherwise.

Old 12-27-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:

I served as well, with distinction and honor. Something that most modern progressives (liberals) cannot or shall not ever do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates