U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,066,557 times

Advertisements

[quote=Gunluvver2;6853869 If you ride a motorcycle you know how much respect you get from four wheelers! That changes when you are armed to the teeth and they know it . I have to say on these excursions I never get cut off or have idiots making left turns in front of me. When you stop and think about it carrying a couple hoglegs on your hip is probably better safety geat than a helmet.

GL2[/quote]

No dahhh!!! I recently saw a "bad boy" in South Seattle on his "hawg" wearing his "cikl" colors (Satan's Angels) plus a v. obvious Glock holstered safely on his hip. Perfectly legal in this state, if not "concealed", and no doubt the cause of a lot of "Oh My Lord, Frank! Look at that Thug! He's Armed! Call a Policeman!"

Nope. Sorry. And you'd better not decide to purposefully cut him off, lest he temporarily loose his sense of fair play!

Old 01-08-2009, 02:06 PM

145 posts, read 78,782 times
See what I did there?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 PM

3,981 posts, read 9,244,327 times
what i want to know, without going thru 51 pages, is what makes a normal gun owner shift into a fanatical gun nut that sees conspiracies to take their guns from every corner?

and do you really need 50 of them?!?!

Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

2,866 posts, read 7,098,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
what i want to know, without going thru 51 pages, is what makes a normal gun owner shift into a fanatical gun nut that sees conspiracies to take their guns from every corner?

Because it is a conspiricy, and no, I need 200 of them. And a few Howitzer cannons for good measure.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,254,348 times
Quote:

Lets see here, some are collectors, just like say cars, porcelain dolls, models, they purchase for unique characteristics or unique time period in which they were used, or they are like my dad who does competitive shooting. Each competition either requires a certain firearm, like the glock matches, or requires himself to use a specific firearm for the type of shoot. I personally only have one, but would not mind getting a couple more.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,322,321 times
Quote:

Hmmm, If a person, no need to be a gun owner, doesn't notice the plethora of groups & individuals, some in powerful places, that espouse antigun policy,
if a person doesn't notice the numerous antigun lobby groups & hear their message, well that person just isn't very smart of observant.

Quote:
Why is that important? Because emotionally you are more afraid of a man with 50 than a man with one?

Need doesn't make any difference. People have what they have. I have a pickup & a suv & cant see who some guys need a dozen vehicles.
But I dont think they shouln't have them. They kill more people than guns ever will, I still dont care how many a person has.

How bout this, mind your buisness, anothers posessions are ot your concern.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,832,743 times
Quote:

and who, in your opinion, are the once normal-now paranoid gun owners? does a gun owner that fights for his right to remain a gun owner automatically equal paranoid in your mind?

Old 01-10-2009, 09:36 AM

2,866 posts, read 7,098,661 times
Right! Some people collect stamps, I collect guns. No difference. And in a certain scenario, lets say a disgruntled worker at the stamp factory happens to know someone in the middle east who can manufature weapons grade Smallpox, happens to infect a book of stamps with it.
That book gets licked by one person, and as contagious as Smallpox is, It's soon spread to over 500,000 people within a month.

In that instance, a seemingly harmelss thing, ended up wiping out a huge number of the population, yet guns,(no pun intended here) are an easy target. Think these things can't happen? Think again, they already have. An i'm willing to bet that it's a gun that disposes of the terrorist who started it all.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM

472 posts, read 627,812 times
Quote:

The answer to your first question is in the 50 prior pages. If you are really interested, instead of trying to be obnoxious, you could read and find.

Your second question is totally irreleventl.

have a nice day.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:46 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,543,418 times
Quote:

50? heck yes, and more if possible. if I could afford to buy more firearms before oabam gets into office i would.

by the time the liberal party gets done with the USA after obama, I look for either a fragmented USA or a country at war with each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates