U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2009, 05:05 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,298,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I would truly like to see the government attempt to round up well over 38% of the populations guns. which equates to only knowing about 875 million arms, remember that is all the government knows is out there. Many states such as Colorado and Vermont do not require registration, so the government has no idea how many are within the rest of the u.s.

I'd like to see it too. So after you idiots are doing killing each other off, more sensible people will remain. You know, the meek that shall inherit the earth?

Old 01-17-2009, 05:28 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,549,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'd like to see it too. So after you idiots are doing killing each other off, more sensible people will remain. You know, the meek that shall inherit the earth?

lol, what a laugh that is, please remember that there are alot more gun owners than there are federal employees, plus over much of the gun culture, we are better shooters than the federals.

also remember that this also includes alot of combat veterans in the general populace and we truly do not give a damn about politicians at all.

also remember that if shooting starts, those that are not armed might truly be in the fire of the federals. if you stand unarmed, then you truly have no one to blame but yourself if something happens.

the meek might inherit the earth, but the armed and righteous citizens shall surely fight for it as well.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,325,556 times
Quote:

You arent meek by any means. But many gun owners are, gun ownership is pretty irrelevant as far as meekness goes.
Does Subway pay enough for you to buy a dictionary? Maybe you could get a loan if they dont.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:33 PM

Your desire to own a gun indicates a willingness to use it, or it's worthless. But you should get yourself up with the times--Subway doesn't have an "overnight" shift. And I work overnights.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
lol, what a laugh that is, please remember that there are alot more gun owners than there are federal employees, plus over much of the gun culture, we are better shooters than the federals.

also remember that this also includes alot of combat veterans in the general populace and we truly do not give a damn about politicians at all.

also remember that if shooting starts, those that are not armed might truly be in the fire of the federals. if you stand unarmed, then you truly have no one to blame but yourself if something happens.

the meek might inherit the earth, but the armed and righteous citizens shall surely fight for it as well.
Some of those federals will be firing artillery and driving tanks. Good luck.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,257,954 times
Quote:
the feds do not use artillery, nor do they use tanks other than a select few rams to enter tough buildings. The army, and Navy do have tanks and artillery pieces, but can you imagine the uproar that would happen when it splashes across the 9 o clock news that the military used force against its own citizens? It would cause those that are standing up for justice and protecting the Constitution of the united states to gain in ranks within a few min.

Not to mention that a great majority of Military members that took the oath to uphold the Constitution would not fire on its own citizens.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,257,954 times
Quote:
Your desire to own a gun indicates a willingness to use it, or it's worthless. But you should get yourself up with the times--Subway doesn't have an "overnight" shift. And I work overnights.
Yes, I am willing to use my firearm if attacked and felt my life was in danger. I would use it if it had been deemed by the majority of the citizens that our own government stopped working for the citizens and started working against us.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:15 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,549,640 times
Quote:

sorry, not the ones that count. that would be the military, something that democrats despise and hate.

federal law enforcement does not fire artillery or tanks, plus there are ways around both. if you would have spent any time in combat arms then you would know how.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,834,606 times
i say we ignore the troll and keep addressing others rationally and intelligently. maybe if the mods take note, they'll realize who is here to make trouble, and we can have intelligent conversations with the rest of the forumites.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:33 PM

The military follows orders...regardless of what those orders might be. As a veteran, I'm quite familiar with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates