Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,414,394 times

Advertisements

And it starts, first bill of the new year, and first firearm bill of our new gun grabbing congress.

"Under HR 45, if you can't pass a complex test written by the U.S. Attorney General (described in detail below), pay the tax, give up fingerprints and a biometric-capable photo of yourself (that can be turned into a digital facial-recognition number and used as a de facto national ID), every gun you own will become contraband and subject to confiscation, while you stand trial before imprisonment. You'd think Bobby, a former black panther, would know better."

Gun Law Update: Gun-Rights Testing Planned | Prescott Arizona News and Events - Read It News Magazine (http://readitnews.com/read-it-views-prescott-opinion/page-9/1624-gun-law-update-gun-rights-testing-planned - broken link)

The Bill requires: 1) Federal registration of all hand guns and any firearm that has a removable magazine, 2) licensing and finger printing of firearm owners, 3) access to medical and mental health records of the licensee, 4) renewals of all registrations and licensing, 5) documentation of any type of transfers of ownership.

The idea is to bring in gun control in small steps. People don’t notice that. This bill sounds “reasonable” at first reading, but it actually lets the federal government know who owns firearms and where they are. That makes confiscation, at some point much easier because you tell them, where the guns are.

In their reasons that Mr. Bobby Rush (convicted felon from Chicago) provided for this bill, many of them, including the use of firearms in crime, would be prevented.

and people said that the government would not try to take guns, well... here is the first step.

I have already drafted a letter to my congressmen, that I plan on hand deliver, mail and email.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:52 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
And it starts, first bill of the new year, and first firearm bill of our new gun grabbing congress.

"Under HR 45, if you can't pass a complex test written by the U.S. Attorney General (described in detail below), pay the tax, give up fingerprints and a biometric-capable photo of yourself (that can be turned into a digital facial-recognition number and used as a de facto national ID), every gun you own will become contraband and subject to confiscation, while you stand trial before imprisonment. You'd think Bobby, a former black panther, would know better."

Gun Law Update: Gun-Rights Testing Planned | Prescott Arizona News and Events - Read It News Magazine (http://readitnews.com/read-it-views-prescott-opinion/page-9/1624-gun-law-update-gun-rights-testing-planned - broken link)

The Bill requires: 1) Federal registration of all hand guns and any firearm that has a removable magazine, 2) licensing and finger printing of firearm owners, 3) access to medical and mental health records of the licensee, 4) renewals of all registrations and licensing, 5) documentation of any type of transfers of ownership.

The idea is to bring in gun control in small steps. People don’t notice that. This bill sounds “reasonable” at first reading, but it actually lets the federal government know who owns firearms and where they are. That makes confiscation, at some point much easier because you tell them, where the guns are.

In their reasons that Mr. Bobby Rush (convicted felon from Chicago) provided for this bill, many of them, including the use of firearms in crime, would be prevented.

and people said that the government would not try to take guns, well... here is the first step.

I have already drafted a letter to my congressmen, that I plan on hand deliver, mail and email.

I wonder how they will get people to register for this nonsense, I sure as hell will not.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I wonder how they will get people to register for this nonsense, I sure as hell will not.
I read a couple of summary's, and there is NO way this thing can get enough support. Not only is it throwing our second amendment rights out the window, but our interstate commerce right (ammendment 10), and all remaining state rights. This is ridiculous.

Last edited by Noahma; 02-03-2009 at 06:49 PM..

Old 02-03-2009, 09:21 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
I read a couple of summary's, and there is NO way this thing can get enough support. Not only is it throwing our second amendment rights out the window, but our interstate commerce right (ammendment 10), and all remaining state rights. This is ridiculous.

try reading about Montana, they have a little bill that went through their house and senate that states that if the feds made the 2nd worthless, then they shall reserve the right to become a seperate sovereign republic.

Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
try reading about Montana, they have a little bill that went through their house and senate that states that if the feds made the 2nd worthless, then they shall reserve the right to become a seperate sovereign republic.
Montana, here I come!!! lol

Old 02-04-2009, 12:19 AM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
I control my gun with a Bianchi holster, and a pointer finger!!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
I predict massive non-compliance with all the "new" restrictive "gun laws"....

So, what will the government do then? Imprison ten, twenty million people? Use force to collect firearms? That could result in some ugly politically damaging scenes for the administration of "hope" and spare "change".
Perhaps (assuming THEY have THEIR priorities right) they should concentrate on tax cuts and other similar moves to get the economy on the road to recovery.....and leave the lynch-mob politics to the past....

Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,011,331 times
Im glad to hear the new news in the Texas Legislature!!! Voting to pass "open carry" for all CHL license holders!! That is gonna be great!!!!! Sad to hear about all the other state's issues, it's good to be a Texan!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Im glad to hear the new news in the Texas Legislature!!! Voting to pass "open carry" for all CHL license holders!! That is gonna be great!!!!! Sad to hear about all the other state's issues, it's good to be a Texan!
the only problem is that if this bill passes, it will make any and all current CCW permit laws, any open carry, and any Make my day type laws go poof!. Today I sent a letter by mail, sent emails and tomorrow will be personally delivering the same letter to my congressmen.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,861,262 times
I will be watching HR 45 very closely. It will be very interesting to see a list of politicians that support this legislation.
Think of this as a Declaration of War on U.S. Citizens".
The scary thing is that there are probably quite a few elected officials that will support this.

GL2"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates