U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-13-2008, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 1,034,668 times
Reputation: 173

Advertisements

i would almost comapre it to statutory rape because the geat majority who do it are not in the right mind set to make the right descision themselves. as i brought up witht he stats, something like 75-80% were sexually assualted! thats a huge number and no coincidence.

what you people dont understand is the majority of these women ahve serious mental problems. i dunno if anyone here can vouch for me, but somethign like being sexually assaulted by a relative or even a stranger is disgusting.

thank god ive never been in that situation so its almsot impossible for me to imagine how they would feel. but im pretty sure to try and supress the pain and because my emotions and bpody are so attached, prostitution would seem attractive.

Therefore i see these womens actions no more "willing" then those involved in statutory rape, probably less actually. they have seriosu mental problems and this is thier answer (although we know it makes it worse). we cant think of them as people in a "normal state of mind". we ahve to think of them with any other mental problem and treat that! not make it worse!!

you wouldnt give a suicide a knife!! you wouldnt give a drug addict more of the same drug to "help". so you wouldnt allow a women like that to continue thier self destructive behavior
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,025,477 times
Reputation: 4885
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
i would almost comapre it to statutory rape because the geat majority who do it are not in the right mind set to make the right descision themselves.
Impossible to bring a rape charge as you suggest

Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
what you people dont understand is the majority of these women ahve serious mental problems.
Please, I would suggest you review your information before posting anymore fantasies like you did her.

Where there are some with mental issues (as there is in EVERY PROFESSION), to suggest that a majority of women in "the profession" have "serious mental issues" is flat out wrong. However, I would be willing to review any legitimate, verifiable, information you can provide that will back up your contention -

I will say however that, inasmuch as I live with a "shrink" - and this very discussion has come up in the past, she (my wife) will take the opposite position of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,265,327 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
All the time - I have a home in Las Vegas - I'm there all the time.

I'm also approached by those who are a little older - putting themselves through college -
Yes, I lived there for two years. Wasn't evident by the way I phrased it. Was multi-tasking at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2008, 12:15 AM
 
1,525 posts, read 3,265,327 times
Reputation: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
why dont you man up and grow some balls?
Prostitution is ok as long as the women is her own pimp. But many men want to take advantage of women by pimping her. Man up and put a stop to this. And stopping it does not mean keeping prostitution illegal.
I never said to had to be made illegal. Hey anything two consenting adults want to do should be OK.

I've heard the argument that it's a "by choice" career.

But in my life, it's been my experience we can only choose from the choices that are available to us.

So I'm arguing simply for there to be better choices so that a gal never has to resort to this choice.

Admittedly, I don't know how to make that a reality. If I did, I probably should be running for office.

I guess my hope is to float the idea that men should make the world a safe place for women to do what they do, whatever that may be. E.g making the new life.

As for growing some balls. Well that comment suggests to me that perhaps you may *need* to buy women, LOL!

Trust me, when a lady can tell that you are alpha, she'll pick you.

So now let's address the "acid test" question...

Would you want your Mother, Sister, or Daughter in the business?

Somehow I think not.

And that says it all, doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2008, 06:53 AM
 
1,570 posts, read 1,574,027 times
Reputation: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMadison View Post
I never said to had to be made illegal. Hey anything two consenting adults want to do should be OK.

I've heard the argument that it's a "by choice" career.

But in my life, it's been my experience we can only choose from the choices that are available to us.

So I'm arguing simply for there to be better choices so that a gal never has to resort to this choice.

Admittedly, I don't know how to make that a reality. If I did, I probably should be running for office.

I guess my hope is to float the idea that men should make the world a safe place for women to do what they do, whatever that may be. E.g making the new life.

As for growing some balls. Well that comment suggests to me that perhaps you may *need* to buy women, LOL!

Trust me, when a lady can tell that you are alpha, she'll pick you.

So now let's address the "acid test" question...

Would you want your Mother, Sister, or Daughter in the business?

Somehow I think not.

And that says it all, doesn't it?
I wouldnt want any of my female family members in it they are all smart. And I know that my daughter will have an advantage over others because she will have two parents that will love her and raise her "right". The comment about the alpha male made me laugh thank you. But IF and that is a strong very strong IF. My daughter so chose to sell her body in that way. I would not oppose so long as she used a latex condom and if she did not feel right having sex with a client. To reject him. And I wouldnt want her to have a pimp either. Its because there are too many bad males out there. And legalizing makes it easier for them to manipulate and harm an individual female to become a prostitute. Its the way its done in amsterdam. I would always want my daughter to watch out for those a--holes.
And I disagree with you because what about porn. The actress is getting paid for the act of sex. And she is using no protection whatsoever. They are spreading STDs in the porn industry its very gross. I believe that prostitution should be legalized because many sorts of women will do it. From the high school educated to the university educated to the glamour models. All sorts of women are doing it now when it isnt lega. If it were legal the government can come in and regulate it. prevent several negatives associated with prostitution that makes it no different from porn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-14-2008, 07:19 AM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 1,034,668 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Impossible to bring a rape charge as you suggest
of course it is, but thats why I never suggested that. i simply said in my mind the two (taking advantage of someone whos not able to make a responsible choice themselves) are very similar. thats all nothing more



Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Please, I would suggest you review your information before posting anymore fantasies like you did her.

yet again its not a fantasy just my perspective on waht is happening here..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Where there are some with mental issues (as there is in EVERY PROFESSION), to suggest that a majority of women in "the profession" have "serious mental issues" is flat out wrong. However, I would be willing to review any legitimate, verifiable, information you can provide that will back up your contention -
yes again you seem to understand the correlation between this sex industry and sexual abuse. tis kinda really sad that youd say "oh theres people with mental issues in every proffession, while clearly looking over the fact i have laid out already.. anyways the link in one of my past posts so go ahead look

so i think it said 75% of women in prostitution were sexually assaulted, mainly as children. is this not a dissproportionate amount of people? are you freaking blind??? You cant see the correlation???

can you point me to any other "job" that has this sort of high concentration of sexually assaulted people besides the porn industry (and yet again these womena re there for the same reason they are prostitutes, a lack of self respect and an ability to disconnect the emotional form the physical.

do i knwow aht percent of children who are sexually abused develop specific mental health problems??? no. but the large percent in the prostitution should tell you enough. and if you catn see that you ahve a serious problem.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I will say however that, inasmuch as I live with a "shrink" - and this very discussion has come up in the past, she (my wife) will take the opposite position of yours.
for anyone to say that your wives proffesion is a sure and absolute science would be fooling themselves. how many times have "mental health problems" been disputed by different doctors as to thier severity or even existance??? you cant measure it or calculate it. its can only be observed through actions and words and can then be catagorized into a group with people with similar traits.

Id liek to knwo exactly what your wives opinion that is exactly the opposite to mine is??? whether people who are sexually assulted feel objectified, have low sex esteem and sex/love issues? no that a fact. tell her to go abck to school maybe? ive witnessed it first hand. J is such a nice girl, but she was raped by her father when she was young. and now, shell sleep with anything, all the time, protected, unprotected. please i dont need some fancy degree to tell me that her being raped as a child caused this to her as well as tonnes of other girls. and i also dont need a degree to look at the stats and see a correlation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:34 AM
 
11 posts, read 15,938 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Prostitution will never be eliminated. And, it is not a "disease"

Seem to be making some gains from this. I wonder why any sane person would defend an evil lke that.

You could not be more wrong. Many of the Ladies (and Men) are far more mentally stable than you are - Many of the Ladies (and Men) are far more educated than you are -

You sound like you are saying the have a degree, masters or even a doctorate degree in prostitution? Well in that case they are more educated than me in that regard but not mentally.

In most cases, Prostitutes are not "victims"
That is because you are not one or it has never affected you directly. Who will wish to one day grow up to be a prostitute?. Some thing is definitely wrong with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 1,034,668 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In most cases, Prostitutes are not "victims"
your understanding of a victim is very different then mine. around 75% of these women in prostitution were sexually assualted! do you udnerstand what that means?? they were physical victims of rape or other sexual abuse!!

and now this physicalmabuse has transformed into a mental problem, which we have well established. they are victims! tragic victims. in the the same way a person who is physically assaulted and beaten and then have self esteem issues, depression or whatever are a victim too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Pensacola, Fl
656 posts, read 942,173 times
Reputation: 373
Did you know, in japan they actually have brothels that men can go to and fufill their fantasies that they haven't done - or are cautious to do with their wives or girlfriends? They've had this type of gig going on for a while.

If you want to think about prostitution from an economic standpoint, the money brought in would be tremendous. As people like to say sex really does sell. Prostitution is actually a very profitable business when done correctly. It would require for the female to either a.) wear a female condom or have some type of contraceptive b.) if she doesn't wear a female condom, the male is required to wear a condom. The personal would also have to go get tested every two weeks to a month; depending on how many clients they have. It would also be a plus if the girls weren't on drugs, seeing as how drugs can rob a person of their beauty. So from an economic standpoint, why haven't we made prostitution legal? It would do the economy some good. Simple, we say it is immoral.

Someone mentioned earlier that the woman and men you see in porn don't use condoms and have STD's running rampant throughout the porn industry. That might be true for amatuer porn, but for the pro's that's completely false. Infact, all the "actors" are tested before they even step foot on a set and if they test positive, they simply won't get the job. Since a condom is not being used, they usually use birth control to prevent pregnancies. Pornography is a lucrative business, and in business there is a set of checks and balances or so to speak to keep those profits coming in. It wouldn't do the CEO any good to have actors and actresses that are swapping STD's with each other as they swap fluid. Na uh, their smarter than that.

But from a moral standpoint, all this talk about woman selling sex and there bodies is so so wrong. There is no way that this type of perversion should be allowed to be legalized. But that's why we haven't made prostitution legal. Because we are moral beings to an extent and as a society we have Christian views deeply inbedded into our culture. That's one of the reasons why the legalization of prostitution is a far ways away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 1,034,668 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Did you know, in japan they actually have brothels that men can go to and fufill their fantasies that they haven't done - or are cautious to do with their wives or girlfriends? They've had this type of gig going on for a while.

If you want to think about prostitution from an economic standpoint, the money brought in would be tremendous. As people like to say sex really does sell. Prostitution is actually a very profitable business when done correctly. It would require for the female to either a.) wear a female condom or have some type of contraceptive b.) if she doesn't wear a female condom, the male is required to wear a condom. The personal would also have to go get tested every two weeks to a month; depending on how many clients they have. It would also be a plus if the girls weren't on drugs, seeing as how drugs can rob a person of their beauty. So from an economic standpoint, why haven't we made prostitution legal? It would do the economy some good. Simple, we say it is immoral.

Someone mentioned earlier that the woman and men you see in porn don't use condoms and have STD's running rampant throughout the porn industry. That might be true for amatuer porn, but for the pro's that's completely false. Infact, all the "actors" are tested before they even step foot on a set and if they test positive, they simply won't get the job. Since a condom is not being used, they usually use birth control to prevent pregnancies. Pornography is a lucrative business, and in business there is a set of checks and balances or so to speak to keep those profits coming in. It wouldn't do the CEO any good to have actors and actresses that are swapping STD's with each other as they swap fluid. Na uh, their smarter than that.

But from a moral standpoint, all this talk about woman selling sex and there bodies is so so wrong. There is no way that this type of perversion should be allowed to be legalized. But that's why we haven't made prostitution legal. Because we are moral beings to an extent and as a society we have Christian views deeply inbedded into our culture. That's one of the reasons why the legalization of prostitution is a far ways away.
that was a very good post. of course we can look at the situation form those who standpoints, economic and moral.

another example however as to why we simply cant base our laws and rules on simply what is economically smart (dismissing morals) would be our homeless problem.

economically, with all the money we put in, wiht the majority going to food and shelter not even getting them out of that situation (cause to be honest a large percent are drug users and dont care or prefer drugs to a safe and normal home). economically, it would be extremely smart if we simply rounded them up, and exterminated them. the money we would save that otherwise would have come form charities, or the government, would be enormous.

but then again that brings me to the morals. morally would this be right??? no of course not!!! somehtign would need to be set up but simply giving out handouts or simply "pulling a Hitler" on them would not be morally acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top