Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 04:22 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Not if prostitution is run like the brothels in Nevada. If that was the case, then they can get out of it whenever they want to, and it's very safe for everyone involved.

YAY!!! a voice of reason!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Not if prostitution is run like the brothels in Nevada. If that was the case, then they can get out of it whenever they want to, and it's very safe for everyone involved.

VD can still be spread even if precautions are taken. For instance, I believe herpes can be spread even if a condom is used, since it doesn't protect other areas where herpes may be present, and I've heard it is possible to pass it to others even without signs of a visible outbreak. Not to mention a lot of STDs have no serious symptoms in one sex or the other.

Prostitution is never safe for everybody involved.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
VD can still be spread even if precautions are taken.
Not one case of STD's from the Nevada Brothels in the last 30 years.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Prostitution is never safe for everybody involved.
It is in the Nevada Brothels. Would you like a referral?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

Because they would love to advertise those things, right? It would do wonders for business...

Just like peanuts, not a bad batch in thirty years, right?

What makes you think I believe anything that a corporation says?

What brings in more customers- "Come our brothels we have a five percent infection rate" or "come to our brothels, everything is safe."

If you want to believe what some corporate suit tells you, feel free to do so, I won't.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Because they would love to advertise those things, right? It would do wonders for business...

Just like peanuts, not a bad batch in thirty years, right?

What makes you think I believe anything that a corporation says?
Again - you are not knowledgeable of the situation.

There are no "corporate suits" that own the brothels

"They", the State would love to publish a case - thing is - there have not been any. It is not up to the brothels to "advertise" "those things". You are SERIOUSLY misinformed and lack total and complete knowledge of the brothels.

Like I asked before - would you like a referral so you might learn THE TRUTH? I think you might like Air Force Amy! Check her out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_Amy

Ex Military. Makes between $10,000 and $50,000 a month - and that for only 2 weeks work.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:09 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
When the prostitutes are legally required to go through an STD test once a month, it IS safe for everyone involved.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:14 AM

681 posts, read 2,877,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
Prostitution has long been known by many as the "victimless" crime. While it's true that neither the prostitute or the "John" is considered a victim, the sale of sex is still illegal. Why do you think that is? What do you think of prostitution?
Many prostitutes are victims... there is still "human trafficking" in this country, to an alarming extent.

When it comes to people who willingly sell sex and people who willingly buy sex, there is no victim unless you figure that prostitutes are probably the most likely carriers and spreaders of sexually transmitted diseases in the country. If a "John" hooks up with a prostitute out of his own free will but then ends up with syphilis because the prostitute didn't tell the guy ahead of time that she had syphilis (or didn't bother to get regular and frequent checks for STDs), then the "John" ends up being a victim and your argument about it being "victimless" falls flat.

I think prostitution is shady, skeevy, and abhorrent... not to mention immoral, despite how America is barreling down a trail which will eventually lead us to erasing the word "immoral" from the dictionary due to it no longer having any real meaning. (Those of you who don't believe me must've forgotten the message Americans sent about morality and its importance, or lack thereof, on November 4th, 2008.) People who sell sex have absolutely zero dignity and it will haunt them for the rest of their lives... and pretty much the same could be said for people who buy sex. Effectively, someone who has to visit prostitutes is saying that he/she is too much of a loser to be able to get decent sex on his/her own merits.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:19 AM

681 posts, read 2,877,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And how exactly could such a case be traced? Come on... some dude gets an STD, and says he recently had sex with a prostitute at a Nevada brothel... well, if you were the brothel owner, you'd say "well who else have you had sexual relations with in the last year or so?".

Do these chicks constantly get checked for STDs by competent doctors? Are they immediately banned from prostitution if they test positive? Don't tell me that "Air Force Amy" has never had an STD.

If you think that her income is so wonderful, think about the stories she'd have to tell her grandkids (if she'll ever have grandkids) and what she'll have to tell St. Peter at the Pearly Gates someday. ("Well, Pete... I can explain... see, I had a bad childhood...")

Old 02-07-2009, 12:41 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,394,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWPAguy View Post
Do these chicks constantly get checked for STDs by competent doctors? Are they immediately banned from prostitution if they test positive?......what she'll have to tell St. Peter at the Pearly Gates someday. ("Well, Pete... I can explain... see, I had a bad childhood...")
Regarding the checks...absolutley they get checked. They get blood tests and gyn exams with cervical specimins. The must do this once a month.

Every week each prostitute must submit a cervical specimin which is tested.

Any positive tests--no employment...otherwise both lawsuits and jail for the prostitute and for the brothel. AND the brothel loses their license to operate.

Moreover they are required to use latex condoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates