U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 07:14 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,328,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Because they would love to advertise those things, right? It would do wonders for business...

Just like peanuts, not a bad batch in thirty years, right?

What makes you think I believe anything that a corporation says?

What brings in more customers- "Come our brothels we have a five percent infection rate" or "come to our brothels, everything is safe."

If you want to believe what some corporate suit tells you, feel free to do so, I won't.
You are so out of touch and have no concept of that business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:21 PM

674 posts, read 1,419,048 times
I thought it was legal in some areas like Vegas?? Maybe not. Some countries have made it legal like Germany, korea.... It is a womans body, she should have the right to choose.....but only when it benefits certain groups political agendas. Funny how that works. Prostitution isn't for everyone, but some will do it no matter what. Why not regulate it and tax it?? Just because it is legal doens't mean all will do it. Ditch digging is legal for woman, but very few do it....it's not for everyone.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,383,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msta999 View Post
I thought it was legal in some areas like Vegas??
No - it is not legal in Las Vegas. There are legal Brothels in only 3 (4?) counties in Nevada

Old 02-08-2009, 07:28 PM

3,721 posts, read 3,328,484 times
Quote:
I thought it was legal in some areas like Vegas?? Maybe not. Some countries have made it legal like Germany, korea.... It is a womans body, she should have the right to choose.....but only when it benefits certain groups political agendas. Funny how that works. Prostitution isn't for everyone, but some will do it no matter what. Why not regulate it and tax it?? Just because it is legal doens't mean all will do it. Ditch digging is legal for woman, but very few do it....it's not for everyone.
Las Vegas is in Clark County and it is not legal anywhere in Clark county.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:37 PM

674 posts, read 1,419,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Las Vegas is in Clark County and it is not legal anywhere in Clark county.
So, it is legal in a few places? I thought I had heard that on one of the discovery or history channels.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:41 PM

1,008 posts, read 641,260 times
Quote:

Why should the government be able to tax something they have no role in? If I want to sell a kidney, why should the government be able to dictate how I do it, whether I can even do it to begin with, or what percent I have to pay them?

I don't believe they should legalize prostitution and let state governments operate brothels. They should simply decriminalize it and stop arresting women for engaging in such activities. Giving the state a monopoly or the power to grant monopolies to private entities, will never have good results.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
You are so out of touch and have no concept of that business.

Are you willing to bet your house and car that there has never been a single case of an STD infection that can reasonably be attributed to a regulated Nevada brothel?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Why should the government be able to tax something they have no role in?
Sales Tax. Lots, and lots of sales taxes

Old 02-08-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sales Tax. Lots, and lots of sales taxes

Somebody might be able to make the case that the government helps commerce by maintaining the roads so that goods can be easily transported. However, it seems that lately they've been failing to do even that much.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Somebody might be able to make the case that the government helps commerce by maintaining the roads so that goods can be easily transported. However, it seems that lately they've been failing to do even that much.

How about this: How about you acknowledge that you know NOTHING about the legal brothels / legal prostitution in the State of Nevada?

How about that????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates