U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-09-2009, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,023,975 times
Reputation: 4885

Advertisements

Please - stay on topic.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,673,999 times
Reputation: 976
Question: Do the brothels in Nevada have any negative effects on the military bases there?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,023,975 times
Reputation: 4885
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Question: Do the brothels in Nevada have any negative effects on the military bases there?
None that I know of. If for no other reason, the military bases (and there really is only one LARGE base - Nellis AFB) is so far away from the brothels.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 AM
 
8,508 posts, read 9,414,394 times
Reputation: 6473
I always wondered what a man would do if he went to a brothel and saw his sister and daughter there , would he still think prostitution was okay? or would it change his opinion of who prostitutes are and what do they deserve out of life?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Fl
656 posts, read 942,136 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I always wondered what a man would do if he went to a brothel and saw his sister and daughter there , would he still think prostitution was okay? or would it change his opinion of who prostitutes are and what do they deserve out of life?
A real father and or sibling would tell their child/sibling that they didn't agree with their job but wouldn't try to dictate and tell them how to live their lives; that is, if they didn't agree with their daughter and or sister being a prostitute. From your statement I bet that you think that being a prostitute is a low lot in life and that the employee has some sort of emotional problem they are trying to sort out leading back to a childhood of molestation, rape, and sexual abuse right? Or that they are some addict trying to fed their addiction selling out their body? Tell me when I'm wrong. Fact is, high paying prostitutes make more than most 'respectable' jobs; and not all prostitutes have suffered a childhood or early years of some sort of sexual abuse. Some just like sex, some like to pay their way through college without collecting an astronomical amount of debt that they have to pay off when they graduate (unlike those who take out thousands in student loans to become doctors and lawyers and more 'respectable' persons), and some just like the security. The only thing different between a prostitute and a woman that marries someone for money or uses a man for money until the well is dry, is that the prostitute is up front about wanting cookies for her goodies. Where's the outrage with that?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:28 AM
 
8,508 posts, read 9,414,394 times
Reputation: 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
A real father and or sibling would tell their child/sibling that they didn't agree with their job but wouldn't try to dictate and tell them how to live their lives; that is, if they didn't agree with their daughter and or sister being a prostitute. From your statement I bet that you think that being a prostitute is a low lot in life and that the employee has some sort of emotional problem they are trying to sort out leading back to a childhood of molestation, rape, and sexual abuse right? Or that they are some addict trying to fed their addiction selling out their body? Tell me when I'm wrong. Fact is, high paying prostitutes make more than most 'respectable' jobs; and not all prostitutes have suffered a childhood or early years of some sort of sexual abuse. Some just like sex, some like to pay their way through college without collecting an astronomical amount of debt that they have to pay off when they graduate (unlike those who take out thousands in student loans to become doctors and lawyers and more 'respectable' persons), and some just like the security. The only thing different between a prostitute and a woman that marries someone for money or uses a man for money until the well is dry, is that the prostitute is up front about wanting cookies for her goodies. Where's the outrage with that?
No I 'm just saying .. from your response he would say "I don't agree with your job" why would'nt he just say "Hi girls! " give them a hug and a kiss like you would to your sister or daughter and go on about his business as if he was in a donut shop
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 626,817 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
A real father and or sibling would tell their child/sibling that they didn't agree with their job but wouldn't try to dictate and tell them how to live their lives; that is, if they didn't agree with their daughter and or sister being a prostitute. From your statement I bet that you think that being a prostitute is a low lot in life and that the employee has some sort of emotional problem they are trying to sort out leading back to a childhood of molestation, rape, and sexual abuse right? Or that they are some addict trying to fed their addiction selling out their body? Tell me when I'm wrong. Fact is, high paying prostitutes make more than most 'respectable' jobs; and not all prostitutes have suffered a childhood or early years of some sort of sexual abuse. Some just like sex, some like to pay their way through college without collecting an astronomical amount of debt that they have to pay off when they graduate (unlike those who take out thousands in student loans to become doctors and lawyers and more 'respectable' persons), and some just like the security. The only thing different between a prostitute and a woman that marries someone for money or uses a man for money until the well is dry, is that the prostitute is up front about wanting cookies for her goodies. Where's the outrage with that?


After getting her law degree, when applying for a job at a law firm, do you think a prostitute will list "Nevada brothel prostitute" on her resume as her most recent job?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 AM
 
8,508 posts, read 9,414,394 times
Reputation: 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
After getting her law degree, when applying for a job at a law firm, do you think a prostitute will list "Nevada brothel prostitute" on her resume as her most recent job?
nice! lets hope the guy interviewing her does'nt reconize her
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 626,817 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
nice! lets hope the guy interviewing her does'nt reconize her

It gives a bunch of possible answers to the question "what was your most recent position?" doesn't it?

"I totally let him pick that since he like paid for the hour, you know?"
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2009, 11:51 AM
 
8,508 posts, read 9,414,394 times
Reputation: 6473
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
It gives a bunch of possible answers to the question "what was your most recent position?" doesn't it?

"I totally let him pick that since he like paid for the hour, you know?"
wait till she finds out how long it takes to earn $500.00 in the real world , she'll feel over qualified for any position
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top