U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times

Advertisements

Now...THE BIG QUESTION

How many men do you know that are FORCED to go to a prostitute? Who makes them do this?

Are men doing something illegal?

Are men arrested for visiting a prostitute? Fined? Sentenced to jail time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
Or maybe it's a requirement of stopping at a truck stop....

"you can't buy gas or park here until you use the services of one of our toothless hags."

Old 09-22-2008, 03:03 PM

765 posts, read 1,680,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Or maybe it's a requirement of stopping at a truck stop....

"you can't buy gas or park here until you use the services of one of our toothless hags."
Why would you put gas in a big truck?????? Unless you are hauling it.lol

Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM

8,649 posts, read 14,867,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Sex is natural. Just because you're a prude doesn't mean the rest of us have to be.

Legalize it and regulate it then.

Ah, the old "legalizing it would encourage it" argument. Yeah, we saw a HUGE jump in alcoholics when prohibition was repealed.

No more than there are now. Legalizing prostitution wouldn't instantly cause women to stop using birth control.

Uh no. See comment above.

Again...see comment above.

God has nothing to do with sex. He's certainly not in the bedroom when I'm banging my boyfriend. You'd think he would have shown up by now, considering how many times I've screamed out "OH GOD!" during sex.

Everything is for sale. You just have to find the right price.
"I've screamed out "OH GOD!" during sex."

I'm just now able to get up off of the floor....LOL

Old 09-22-2008, 05:36 PM

13,631 posts, read 21,483,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
AIDS in this country is primarily a drug-related illness caused by sharing needles; and a disease that is also predominately in the gay community. The chances of a man getting AIDS from an infected female during normal sexual relations is less than .03 percent statistically. Again, if the stigma of prostitution being illegal was removed, it would attract a much better class of woman and the likelyhood of having the disease would be lessened considerably. If you have ever seen the television shows featuring the legal brothels in Nevada you can see that the ladies that work there are usually educated and very professional in their approach to their work and lifestyle.

20yrsinBranson
Really? You know this stuff for a fact? Back it up with some stats and sources please. I hear that MANY of the prostitutes in Las Vegas have AIDS. Rumor is good enough for me. It'll take some hard-cold facts to sway my opinion of the trade.

This lady here says prostitution is not a job, it's a "human rights violation."

Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,489,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Really? You know this stuff for a fact? Back it up with some stats and sources please. I hear that MANY of the prostitutes in Las Vegas have AIDS. Rumor is good enough for me. It'll take some hard-cold facts to sway my opinion of the trade.

This lady here says prostitution is not a job, it's a "human rights violation."

Just so we are clear, your going to demand stats and then you bring an article to the table where a woman decides to change the definition of trafficking to support her cause?
And you somehow do not find that dangerous in and of itself?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:41 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,514,836 times
Asking if prostitution is bad is actually asking if capitalism is bad.
Isn't it all about demand and supply?
I mean we already have to pay for necessities like clean food, clean air, clean land and clean water, so why shouldn't we pay for (unclean) sex?

Old 09-27-2008, 10:35 PM

4,089 posts, read 4,596,660 times
re: Prostitution! How bad is it really?

Its bad! You can't find a good hooker anywhere these days. Last time I was in Vegas, they even wanted extra to make sure it "stayed in Vegas."

OK, in all seriousness, it is not victimless. The women who do this often choose this is a last resort. I think it exploits women. That is my short answer.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:02 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,394,715 times
I have a hard time with the topic of prostitution because in many ways I am pro-women. I think that women should have the right to do what they want with their bodies without the government telling them otherwise. Morally and as an individual respect issue, I find prostitution completely disgusting. I would never want my daughter to go into this type of business but she should not be told by the government what she can and cannot do with her body. IMO!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:01 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,078,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I hear that MANY of the prostitutes in Las Vegas have AIDS.
Probably true as prostitution isn't legal in Vegas. You can't regulate something if it isn't legal. Go to the smaller counties in Nevada where it is legal and regulated. See how many you find with AIDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates