U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,778,884 times
Reputation: 4539

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I think a lot of people would not personally go to a prostitute but they cannot think of any reason another person should not be legally allowed to go to one. When you weigh the pros and cons it seems reasonable enough to legalize it.
The UK is looking at tightening its prostitution laws right now. Lax laws there have apparently been causing problems.

BBC NEWS | UK | Q&A: UK Prostitution Laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The UK is looking at tightening its prostitution laws right now. Lax laws there have apparently been causing problems.

BBC NEWS | UK | Q&A: UK Prostitution Laws
Really? can you elucidate -- i addition to the BBC news blurb?

Last edited by dcashley; 03-30-2009 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,965,576 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Really? can you elucidate -- i addition to the BBC news blurb?
Elucidate.. woah.. big man... now that is a big word!

LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,229,959 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Elucidate.. woah.. big man... now that is a big word!

LOL

I am glad we have the pleasure of being able to read posts from FLaGrrrl, she is always adding such deep and insightful ideas to every thread...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 03:22 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge.
3,196 posts, read 4,720,623 times
Reputation: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Elucidate.. woah.. big man... now that is a big word!

LOL
I'm not big. I'm just average sized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,965,576 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I am glad we have the pleasure of being able to read posts from FLaGrrrl, she is always adding such deep and insightful ideas to every thread...
You know you love me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I'm not big. I'm just average sized.
WOW.. I've never heard that from a man, either!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,229,959 times
Reputation: 558
ok well apparently my work blocks the bbc website so I cannot offer an opinion on your post there afoi, so I am just going to get this thread back on track on my own.

I have made most of my points already about why I think legalizing prostitution would be a good thing and I have heard some arguments against my idea, but am I wrong in assuming most people agree that legalizing it would be beneficial to a lot of people??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Whiteville Tennessee
8,262 posts, read 15,980,473 times
Reputation: 10024
Being a prostitute has got to be a great gig. She's got IT so she sells IT. And after she sells IT, she's still got IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,778,884 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
ok well apparently my work blocks the bbc website so I cannot offer an opinion on your post there afoi, so I am just going to get this thread back on track on my own.

I have made most of my points already about why I think legalizing prostitution would be a good thing and I have heard some arguments against my idea, but am I wrong in assuming most people agree that legalizing it would be beneficial to a lot of people??
The article mentions that human trafficking is a serious problem associated with prostitution in the UK....where prostitution is legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
 
Location: in my imagination
11,037 posts, read 18,126,097 times
Reputation: 7668
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
The real issue is not prostitution. The real issue is liberty. The US has more people in jail than any other country in the world. Is that because we are the most evil, or because we have some stupid laws?
great comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top