U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,776,791 times
Reputation: 4539

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
Yes. Every society must have a moral code. But it doesn't need to criminalize the acts of people that do not cause direct harm to others. These non-victimizing (if I can coin my own vocabulary word) acts should remain legal, even though they are deviant from the social norm.
Funny that you used the word "remain." They are IL-legal now.

I don't know about you but I like my community to be peaceful, nice looking, orderly, etc. Prohibiting certain activities helps to improve our overall quality of life. Whether it's worth it or not - I'm not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:03 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
Default I see

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I guess we are just looking at this from a different point of view. You are worried about the embarrasment and humiliation that would come from you finding out one of your daughters was a prostitute.. which really does not have anything to do with anything. I am talking about the girls that are already prostitutes, for their sake I cannot find any logic behind not legalizing prostitution. Most of the harm that is associated with prostitution is only possible because it is illegal, but I have already made this argument on the legalization thread...
I do understand the point you are making! The only thing i am realy saying is there are victims to a certain extent,And you are right about the embaraced part to,I guess what i mean by victim is;you may feel worse by your child doing this than if you was a victim of a car theft or what ever? I do see your point and it is a sad but true fact what you are saying.You take one girl off the corner [or boy] and 2 more is waiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:06 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,497,258 times
Reputation: 4104
It's not prevalent enough, I haven't found one that doesn't look like a decade used leather hand bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:07 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Funny that you used the word "remain." They are IL-legal now.

I don't know about you but I like my community to be peaceful, nice looking, orderly, etc. Prohibiting certain activities helps to improve our overall quality of life. Whether it's worth it or not - I'm not sure.
Thats putting it polite...Thats another point! your neighbors are victims of such? i guess on the flip side of what they are saying[wich i dont realy agree]is make it legal and get it off the street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:10 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
It's not prevalent enough, I haven't found one that doesn't look like a decade used leather hand bag.
I dont know how any man could marry a lady off the night? I have heard that it happens! I could not handle it,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:12 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,497,258 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
I dont know how any man could marry a lady off the night? I have heard that it happens! I could not handle it,
The best stories in Playboy are ones about dating a stripper, it's like a catalog of what can really go wrong in life when one is messed up in the head.

Yes, it's research because I had a lab coat on when I was reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
The best stories in Playboy are ones about dating a stripper, it's like a catalog of what can really go wrong in life when one is messed up in the head.

Yes, it's research because I had a lab coat on when I was reading it.
lol you really do buy playboy for the good articles lol..I am going to tell my wife i am going into the research field lol maybe she will buy them for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,497,258 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK SAWYER View Post
lol you really do buy playboy for the good articles lol..I am going to tell my wife i am going into the research field lol maybe she will buy them for me?
My wife buys it for me I am a lucky guy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:46 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
Default the coat

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
My wife buys it for me I am a lucky guy!
should i buy the coat first? otherwise she would know i was full of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:47 PM
 
485 posts, read 904,101 times
Reputation: 100
I got to hide them behind the seat of my pick up lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top