Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2011, 05:12 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
I watched both and it is a touching story. I'm certainly happy she turned her life around.

Even though I support prostitution legalization, I certainly don't support this street walking form of it. I lean towards the Nevada model, where none of the women have ever tested positive for STDs.
I guess it's unavoidable when it comes to selling sex and human beings. It will just go dark and sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 05:57 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,574 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I guess it's unavoidable when it comes to selling sex and human beings. It will just go dark and sick.
Hi Braunwyn,

I didn't understand your reply. Please elaborate if you don't mind.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Hi Braunwyn,

I didn't understand your reply. Please elaborate if you don't mind.
I guess I was being kind of negative IRT human behavior. There's one side of the coin where selling sex could be innocuous, even beneficial/positive for people, but there's, seemingly always, a dark and sick side to human endeavors. When the stakes are high the consequences are high. Drug use is another one.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:32 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
If prostitution were to be made legal; the wife, girlfriend, ladies will appreciate us more since the option of getting laid is now easily available and legal.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
If prostitution were to be made legal; the wife, girlfriend, ladies will appreciate us more since the option of getting laid is now easily available and legal.

You speak for your own. My husband does not make up an "us" in your world.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:33 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,187 times
Again,
I've changed my mind on this.
Prostitution should be fully legal!
Age of consent laws should be fully abolished. There should be no limits on age-parings. (call it the 50/10 guidelines)
Rent and Sale of live human bodies for sexual gratification should be completely unfettered.
Government standards for quality of sexual services and health and safety practices should be developed and implemented and taxes levied to support regulatory agencies that will by necessity oversee the trade. Groups of individuals may invest in sex-market futures based on projected population demographics supply and demand.
All monogamy laws are in fact racist and unfair and lead to violence through sexual repression so therefore all monogamy laws should be thrown out. Any individual may rent/own any number of sexworkers provided that he/she can afford the associated fees.
Fair business rules must be developed to prevent discriminatory practices in the marketplace. Any customer with the money to rent / own a live body for sex shall not be refused.
Contractual rights and responsibilities for renters / owners of live human bodies need to be codified in order to keep the marketplace fair and promote safe sex usage.
Laws governing the short or long term rental of a body or the ownership of a body will need to be developed to promote respect for private property rights.
Standards and pricing will need to be developed for the sex-worker. Pricing will naturally have to reflect quality of product and availability. Testing measurements standards and metrics will have to be developed so that baselines can be established, particularly regarding product longevity, durability skin/flesh elasticity coefficients etc, all are points that will have to be addressed.
Human trafficking laws are archaic and should be abolished. Allowing restraints on the trade of bodies will generate unsustainable markets in some areas and flat markets in others. Tracking systems will have to be implemented to protect both the consumer and the provider. Continued social organizational repression of sexmarkets and backward prejudices against sexwork will continue to criminalize sexwork, making tracking of bodies (for health and safety reasons) difficult and adherence to standards impossible. Brining sexwork out of the shadows and into fully open and unrestrained public venues will go far to eliminating the less-savory criminal elements now running much of the sex marketing world.
Importation and exportation (global marketing) of live human bodies for sex should be fully unrestricted so that products can move to markets where demand is the greatest.
Custody emancipation laws need to be completely revamped so that live bodies for the sex markets can move w/o undue legal restraints tariffs or other inhibiting factors.
All agreed?
Prostitution, rental, purchase and ownership of a live human body of any gender or age for sexual gratification should be, no MUST BE fully legal!
Imagine! The day may come when we are free to walk into a store and buy a ten-year-old, take them home and use them for sex, without guilt or social judgment! How totally liberating that will be!
I simply can't wait!

Last edited by Happy Cells; 06-10-2011 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: Can't get some? BUY some!

Old 06-11-2011, 04:03 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,057 times
Quote:
Good afternoon,

Didn't God give us free will? This debate is about allowing people to have the freedom to make choices under the law, instead of creating laws based on the majority's religious beliefs.

I'm surprised you don't support allowing people to choose to sin or not. If people want to partake, let them do so in peace and answer to a higher power on "judgment day".

I don't know if you are a conservative or not, but I don't understand how religious conservatives can argue for freedom and limited government, then reverse themselves to fight tooth and nail for less freedom and more government on social issues. I expect this from liberals, at least they are consistent on wanting big government both economically and socially when governing (despite the lip service they give to social issues).
You are sounding like a spoilt little child who doesn't want to go to bed at a certain time, wants dessert after NOT eating your meal, and wants to continue playing when told it's time to stop. This doesn't have anything to do with a political belief. this is a belief of right or wrong.

YES we have free will BUT we also have guidelines to follow I guess we can do away with ALL the laws and allow YOUR home to be robbed Your womenfolk to be used as prostitutes, All YOUR personal property to be taken by anyone who wants it. By someone else with free will I guess we can go out and kill anyone we want beacuse we have free will.

I guess some of you out here are so pure you don't need the Lord or the Bible [or is it the fact that Saten has you in his grasp BUT you won't admit it!] Tis easier to mock someone's beliefs and try every trick in the book to have everything YOUR way. The laws have been around a lot longer then you ever were and will continue to be a lot longer AFTER you are on your way to Purgatory for your heathen ways.

Proverbs 5:3–5

3 For the lips of an immoral woman drip honey,
And her mouth is smoother than oil;
4 But in the end she is bitter as wormwood,
Sharp as a two-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death,
Her steps lay hold of hell.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:28 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You speak for your own. My husband does not make up an "us" in your world.
How do you know that for certain? He might have banged a hooker just last time you were out of town. You only know the sides of your husband he puts forth.

Anyhow... I don't get what's so immoral about buying or selling sex(unless you're cheating), it's a service like any other. It's not immoral to have a mechanic see to the needs of your car, so why not have a prostitute see to the needs of your body?

What I do with a woman, whether paid for or not is between the two of us, government can go to hell meddling with our affairs, tax it if you want, but otherwise get out of the way.

Who the hell are you or the government to decide what is right or wrong for me as long as I'm not hurting anyone?

Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
How do you know that for certain? He might have banged a hooker just last time you were out of town. You only know the sides of your husband he puts forth.
Sorry, but not all people are like you. We don't all lie, cheat, and steal. I know my husband just as he knows me. It's called trust. The fact that his references to the men on this board are usually negative (he thinks guys that hang on message boards are freaks), I have little doubt that he wouldn't want to be grouped with you guys.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
I watched both and it is a touching story. I'm certainly happy she turned her life around.

Even though I support prostitution legalization, I certainly don't support this street walking form of it. I lean towards the Nevada model, where none of the women have ever tested positive for STDs.
Keeping prostitution illegal only hurts these poor ladies even more.

It should be done behind closed doors, with security near by, and medical checks should be regular and frequent.

But the Christian majority will never let that happen. Prostitution will be happening whether its legal or not. The question you have to ask yourself, should it be done safely? If your answer is yes, then it can't be illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates