U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM

3,031 posts, read 7,865,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
sorry to disappoint you not so far right as you may think ...just a little sarcasm at at dumb idea...humans love to kill ...we like to invent diseases ..better bombs...and faster easier ways to kill...but the scenario the op presented was right out of revelations with a little of the john birch society's worst nightmare.... i'll be you guys think giving up americas identity and forming the north american union is a great idea.... well it's happening so in a few years be proud when they lower the flag for the last time....
Gee, thanks for making all sorts of unfounded assumptions about me and my political leanings. As far as "dumb ideas" go, I'm not the one that made a reference to the mark of the beast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
i think you made the first assumptions so read your posts and when you get done with that... try google... type in north american free trade agreement or even north american union or free trade highway...see how the customs house is already in place in Kansas City...you judged me as a right winger because i believe in god ...wrong ASSumptions .. .. .. i know the score and the premise of the op scares the hell out of me .. .. .....
No, I judged you as a right-winger because of many of your other posts. That and the reference to the mark of the beast.

Old 09-25-2008, 04:55 PM

239 posts, read 624,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No, I judged you as a right-winger because of many of your other posts. That and the reference to the mark of the beast.
lol i have am opinion on a lot of things and the mark of the beast does fit here...

Old 09-25-2008, 05:17 PM

8,567 posts, read 14,518,646 times
The problem is that wars are a form of population control; (on a subconscious level) we only fight wars to prevent that a certain region will not become too overpopulated by humans.
The moment people will stop waging war on each other the decrease of our natural habitat will only accelerate and increase.

Old 09-28-2008, 06:53 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,569,222 times
By looking at the lines drawn in the sand on just one thread....I'm thinking trying to bring the whole world together like a Utopia dream is NOT do-able.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 PM

6,760 posts, read 10,185,013 times
Yes, I think everyone can get along and learn to live as one big happy family. Its as likely as all the animals deciding to just get along. As soon as you see zebras and lions hanging out singing together, the human race will be one big family with no countries.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
lol i have am opinion on a lot of things and the mark of the beast does fit here...
Let's see...what else have Christians had knee-jerk reactions about and said it was the "mark of the beast"? Well, in just my family alone I can recall my parents saying that checking accounts, credit cards, and atm cards were the "mark". Funny that they use all of those now; apparently the "mark" changes as time goes by.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-30-2008 at 03:16 PM..

Old 09-30-2008, 02:04 PM

765 posts, read 1,680,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Let's see...what else have fundies had knee-jerk reactions about and said it was the "mark of the beast"? Well, in just my family alone I can recall my parents saying that checking accounts, credit cards, and atm cards were the "mark". Funny that they use all of those now; apparently the "mark" changes as time goes by.
If you go to the source of the story you will see that Paul was pretty specific in how this story would go.So if you go back and read the story you would not be inclined not to think it was a credit card or
A.T.M.Try reading the story then we can debate Revelations.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:15 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,863,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
How does that sound to you? Think about it, almost every war in history has been over territory, lines drawn on Earth by Men. But what exactly do these lines define? After all, we are all people, we are all different and the same, and yet we divide ourselves through way of Imaginary lines, if you look at the Earth from space, you couldn't tell were one country ended, and another began. So, here is my concept of "A World with no Boundaries."

All of the countries would become more like states, and follow the laws set by One World Government. The Capital would be in an entirely new city, the Capitol Building would combine historic architecture from all continents (Aztec, ancient Chinese, Egyptian, Roman, Colonial American etc.) The Government would be similar like the United States, however the executive branch would be governed by 9 men elected from each continent and Asia would be divided into 4. ( The Middle East including the North African Countries, Central Asia, South Asia, and East Asia.) Oceania would be a continent, not just Australia. To pass a new law, 5 out of the 9 men must agree with it, otherwise the Congress can override it. There would be one Currency with pictures of men (or women) who have shaped this world for the better. ( Mother Teresa, Gandhi, MLK, Nelson Mandela etc.) Each Country would send 1 Delegate per 5 million people, all smaller countries would send 1 and then there would be a Senate like the US senate where each country would send two. The Judicial Branch would pretty much be the same.

Well, do you think it could work?
Lovely idea... the only way to find out is to act locally

Old 10-01-2008, 10:36 AM

372 posts, read 760,869 times
Who would decide the form of government, distribution of wealth and aide, etc? It works out well as long as you're the dominant culture. As soon as someone from another culture starts telling you how to live your life you wouldn't be as optimistic about the "new world".

In the end up with another level of government to despise.

Why stop at just governmental boundaries. Why not do away with all private property and real property titles? Forget that your lawn ends where your neighbor's begins... just keep mowing. And while you're at it, let yourself into his unlocked house and help yourself to his lemonade and a slice of pie... It's all community property now. Don't fret when a stranger lets himself into your home to bed for the night... It's all community property now. Don't think twice when a military force from another culture comes trucking into town on patrol... It's all community property now.

The idea is beautiful, but the reality would be quite frightening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or