U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 02:09 PM

7,091 posts, read 10,497,258 times

Advertisements

It's pretty obvious to me...

Shop till you drop on credit till you are just keeping your head above water. The economy benefits and everyone has more stuff...yay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 10:19 PM

472 posts, read 653,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by 925mine
But why only restrict it to another American?
That would be like saying that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights only applies to Americans.
Isn't trying to be a good person not better than just being a good American (or insert any other nationality)?
This way we will never be able to solve the global problems we have nowadays, simple because America sees it differently (like with the Kyoto Protocol*).

Oops, I guess I'm going off-topic here?

Kyoto is an absolute farce. A good American would stand firmly against it despite mounting pressure from the PC masses who would bankrupt our nation's future for the good of a treaty based on nothing but propagandized lies as a means of crippling the American economy in a 2nd or 3rd class leftover. (Not that we don't appear to be doing well enough by ourselves and to ourselves in that regard!)

I am still amazed at the numbers of people who remark how we should have signed off on Kyoto. When I follow up with them on what they know of Kyoto their actual knowledge of this "treaty" is based upon regurgitated liberal talking points based not in reality, but some pie-in-the-sky dreams of a utopian world that simply does not, nor ever will, exist.

I suggest you read David Victor's book The Collapse of the Kyoto Protocal. Victor shows indisputably how Kyoto's grandious attempt to combate the equally farcical theory of Global Warming failed miserably even by those nations who made a show of supporting it. Simply put, garbage in = garbage out. Policy based upon bad science = bad policy. That even if Kyoto had been followed in its original form it would have had such a negligible impact upon total CO2 output as to have been virtually undetectable.

And what American liberals continue to conveniently persist in forgetting is that when Kyoto was originally reviewed by the United States Senate in 1997, that same Senate voted 95-0 against it - both Democrats and Republican opposed the treaty. Globlal Warming: U.S. Senate rejects emission treaty proposals The Bush administration simply extended the same attitude toward Kyoto that had been initiated during the Clinton administration, including the same line of concern that had been voiced by then-Vice President Al Gore:

YouTube - The truth about Al Gore and Kyoto on Glenn Beck

Presently we now are being presenting with ever increasing evidence that the very principle upon which Kyoto was based - the belief that "greenhouse gasses" were contributing to the moderate warming taking place in the 1990s, is near-baseless, and certainly lacking in actual and proper scientific review.

http://www.oism.org/pproject/GWReview_OISM150.pdf

Letter from Frederick Seitz - Global Warming Petition Project

American Thinker: CO2 Fairytales in Global Warming

Now I understand that no one wishes to admit to anyone, namely themselves, that they were duped. That being said, it is better to come clean now, move on, and learn from the experience. Global Warming was a scam and a sham. The architects of this hoax are still maintaining its truth for nothing more than simple economic survival. Billions have been made on the back of this junk science - with the hope of billions more to come.

And so we see the change from global warming to the far more ambigious and maleable "climate change". Ah, keep that money coming folks! Donate now so we can prevent the climate from changing! Not that it has changed all by itself over millions of years regardless of humankind, and it will continue to do so long after humankind has shuffled off the planetary stage for the final time.

As stated by the late great G. Carlin:

YouTube - George Carlin: Environmentalists and Global Warming

Old 01-27-2009, 09:49 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,529,077 times
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude
Quote:
Kyoto is an absolute farce.
My point wasn't the Kyoto protocols but they sure are an example of a global problem.
Like the global economy problems we have now ( which if I'm not mistaken is caused by the American credit economy?).

Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM

432 posts, read 1,407,663 times
IMHO,a good American would know his or her constitutional rights and never give it up since there are so many people that don't know that a police officer need to have a reasonable cause to search your car unless the illegal substance is in plain view in the car. You can say,"I don't consent to let you search my car" and the police officer might try to intimidate you,but you would say,"Is there a problem,officer? May I leave?"

Just remember never try to physically resist an officer if he or she didn't listen to your request of not consenting,since you can argue that your right was taken away unconstitutionally.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:11 PM

14,818 posts, read 18,840,841 times
My definition of a "true patriot" = real american or any other nationality shows when things are bad.

- Celebrate the election of a new president (democracy) no matter who wins, because your country went out, voted, and elected a new president. (Hannity & Limbaugh didn't show 1 sign that they were glad our president was elected democratically)

- Never say "I wish the president fails". It's fine to wish some of his plans fail, but not the president. (We all heard Limbaugh)

- Never wish something bad happen to a city because you don't like their political views. (O'Reilly said that he wishes the terrorists attacked San Francisco)

- Always be willing to help the less fortunate people that for some reason or another are struggling. (They are not lazy, they are "less fortunate americans")

- Criticize the army when they don't follow the orders given to them (That's their duty). That doesn't mean that you can't disagree with their leaders' orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or