U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think America is Slowly Going Downhill?
Yes, America is headed in the wrong direction. 211 68.73%
No, we're fine. It's just a little downtime. 96 31.27%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 01:33 PM

387 posts, read 341,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
not at all..

be careful what you believe..

stop listening to the 98% liberal corrupt media

the sky is falling, the sky is falling,,
mentality
Exactly what do you mean by, "not at all"?.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:46 PM

4,316 posts, read 2,154,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Yes because there clearly werent any race and wealth issues under Bush. Or Clinton. Or Bush. Or Reagan.

It all started with Obama and will end with Trump.

lets use "racial divide" and compare Obama and Bush

Obama..........had 2 daughters, no sons
Bush ............had 2 daughters, no sons

Yet, I didn't see Bush jump into ongoing investigations and not only side with thugs because of their race, but claim them for his hypothetical son.

Bush never invited racial hate groups like the KKK to the White House.
Obama constantly invited the race baiter Al Sharpton to the White House.

Old 12-18-2016, 01:52 PM

18,908 posts, read 8,883,591 times
My worry is that we, as a nation, don't do great things any more...and I'm not talking about war....and the Republicans have convinced many people to want and expect less in all things.

Old 12-18-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
My worry is that we, as a nation, don't do great things any more...and I'm not talking about war....and the Republicans have convinced many people to want and expect less in all things.
And both the Republicans and Democrats are responsible for that.

Old 12-18-2016, 03:24 PM

18,908 posts, read 8,883,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPetty View Post
And both the Republicans and Democrats are responsible for that.
No, I don't agree. But convince me. What "great" things have the Republicans proposed in the last decade?

Old 12-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, I don't agree. But convince me. What "great" things have the Republicans proposed in the last decade?
Great things. Um, they would be rather bad things. Bush put us in a recession, after his presidency, and there up for bad things like creationism, homophobia, racism, wars destroying our economy, and so on.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:25 PM

3,701 posts, read 3,029,556 times
The one glaring fact of any nation's well being lies in that old metric of the collective well being and it's spread. America has been steadily advancing toward a top heavy state and corporate partnership, with both whittling down the last vestiges of our democracy. The rise of the super-state coupled with the arrival of our latest "citizens" born from the Supreme Court's meanderings into corporate subservience, this has left us in quite a pickle, as the latest election has shown. Two people to choose from, both of dubious character, one bellicose and the other simply belligerent. And we still maintain our democratic front while the world looks on with wonder at our utterly ridiculous politics as circus..

Some here in America are doing very well in spite of those failings, but others are on that slippery slope of economic marginalization, relegated to the sidelines and easy targets for the brash who tell them to "get the right skills" but never really understand the import of such careless advice. We now live in a very complex world of machines, and for those who chastise others for their supposed lacking--the machine patiently awaits their job as well. The point is--there is no real unified, monolithic construct called America, we are a cobbled together people devoid of any notions of united strength, each caring for our own, and looking the other way when the grief of others seems unbearable. Is there a better place anywhere on the planet? I don't know, but while contemplating that, we should, at the least, try to find common ground amid all the whining about each other.

At seventy one I find myself living in that same old paradigm of the people's political savior. Coming to their rescue, and eight more years of chumps who thought hope and change meant hope for them, and change that elevates the spirit not smashing it. Tweedledum and Tweedledee, and we are the hapless Alice, looking on with some curiosity while not quite sure of their motives. We now have the new boss, new savior, coming to rescue us from that last diabolical hope and change, telling us he will "make us great again." But like the old boss, the new boss has little more than slogans galore in his toolbox, and this is certainly telling when attempting to determine the future of a severely divided America. Some are on top of their game while others are living under bridges, they all live in America, so some are going downhill, but America? It may not be going uphill or downhill, it could be just lying there-- fragmented--- spread too thin-- slowly rotting.

Old 12-18-2016, 05:37 PM

6,091 posts, read 3,206,387 times
this thread is basically liberals accusing Republicans of racism without providing any evidence. it isn't a debate.

the accusation that Trump wants to create a Christian theocracy was also incredible.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 12-18-2016 at 05:50 PM..

Old 12-18-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
this thread is basically liberals accusing Republicans of racism without providing any evidence. it isn't a debate.

the accusation that Trump wants to create a Christian theocracy was also incredible.
And if Trump creates the theocracy, then get ready for chaos.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:53 PM

22,583 posts, read 11,774,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post

According to analysis reports by some organizations like the Campaign for Human Rights, the single largest LGBT rights organization in North America, or Lambda Legal Defense Fund, Trump has picked cabinet members who are completely anti-gay and have a record of being hostile to LGBT civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or