U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think America is Slowly Going Downhill?
Yes, America is headed in the wrong direction. 211 68.73%
No, we're fine. It's just a little downtime. 96 31.27%
Voters: 307. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:25 AM

13,296 posts, read 7,277,975 times

Advertisements

Flawed poll. Obvious liberal bias. Did not vote.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 AM

2,248 posts, read 6,037,250 times
Yes, the country is going downhill. That's why America needs John McCain to get this ship back on track.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:03 AM

379 posts, read 513,933 times
America is probably a lost cause. It is plainly obvious to any thinking person. I, for one, would never vote though I'm a U.S. Citizen. I'm not going to support a government who's traitorous to us. America is rapidly turning into a bad country to live in.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:20 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,964,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
America is probably a lost cause. It is plainly obvious to any thinking person. I, for one, would never vote though I'm a U.S. Citizen. I'm not going to support a government who's traitorous to us. America is rapidly turning into a bad country to live in.
exactly, that's why i am not even a registered voter. who is to say the elections aren't rigged in the first place? with computer voting in today's day and age, changing the results are as easy as a few key strokes. Ohio...Florida...something wasn't quite right about those states in both 2000 and 2004.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,896,672 times
United States (like the rest of the world) is going downhill FAST due to the cost of fuel. It will take many years until that blow is lessened.

The Minneapolis Tribune had an article on older people up north on fixed income running out of fuel oil last winter.

Fuel oil suppliers demand cash to fill their fuel oil tanks and many buy fuel oil in 5 gallon containers and even milk cartons til they get their checks.

Also, Social Security is the "dragon on the horizon" that politicians ignore.

Nope, the future will NOT be as good as the past due to reasons mentioned.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 AM

9,807 posts, read 12,896,672 times
by the way, I'm far from being an ULTRA LIBERAL .

I'm also not a pessimist ( just a realist )

Old 09-23-2008, 08:07 AM

11,015 posts, read 21,564,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Yes, the country is going downhill. That's why America needs John McCain to get this ship back on track.
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?!?!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 AM

3,940 posts, read 13,064,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Flawed poll. Obvious liberal bias. Did not vote.
That's funny because I started this poll and I'm a registered Republican.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 AM

2,248 posts, read 6,037,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I'm assuming this is sarcasm?!?!
You assumed wrong.

And, I'm not even a conservative.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM

3,047 posts, read 7,964,856 times
Today, outside of the Thompson center in downtown Chicago off of Randolph st. there is a large grass roots movement going on in favor of "LaRouche PAC." it is some very interesting stuff. i'll quote some of the stuff they were handing out:

This Lyndon LarRouche was asked how to handle the current financial crash, and here is his response:

"To understand this process, take the following considerations. The clean-up is now in the hands of Hank Paulson, the Secretary of Treasury, along with ben Bernanke, otherwise knowns as "Helicopter Ben." These fellows -especially the Secretary of the Treasurey-represent, by background, at least for the last 30-odd years, investment bankers. What has collapsed in the past several weeks, is almost the entirety of what is called the investment banking c ommunity. This is very ominous, because if you look back in history, go back to the 14th Centurty, which is the last time something like this happened in modern trans-Atlantic experience, that was the collapse of the Lombard banking system during the middle o fthe century. The leading banker who did this, was the House of Bardi, and Bardi was one of th leading banks of the Lombard banking system of that century. The failure to deal with that crisis, then, by bankruptcy reorganizations, resulted in teh collapse of Europe, all of Europe, into what was called a New Dark Age.

Now, what has collapsed in washington today, most conspicuously, is investment bankers who have repeated essentially, the same practice that the Lombard bankers of teh 14th Century practiced. And we are on the edge of a global, financial, economic collapse, comparable to what happened in Europe in the so-called new Dark Age of the 14th Century.

It gets worse, the President has put Hank Paulson and the other people in that community- the investment banking community, the equivalent of the Lombard bankers fo the 14th Century today-and put them in charge of resucing their banking system, not ours. In the meantime, just to make things nasty, we, in recent years, repealed the Glass-Steagall Act. That Act said, we separate banking from fantasy-and fantasy is investment banking, especially these days. So, now the banks are being gobbled up, under this President and under Paulson, by dying or dead investment banking institutions which are collapsing. So, we are on the edge of a Dark Age, if we don't change the policy. The President has put Paulson and company, in the position to save the remnant of the investment banking community. The worst possible thjing you could do. You put foxes in charge of the chicken coop."

and it goes on with about 4x that information...interesting stuff.

i found a link on their website:

http://www.larouchepac.com/news/2008/09/21/larouche-not-one-penny-bail-out-swindlers.html (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or