U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 PM

789 posts, read 1,169,537 times

Advertisements

This wiki article has some info on homosexual behavior in animals. Don't trust wiki?

How about this, from University of Oslo? Don't trust the Norweigans?

How about this article from National Geographic?

Anyway, what other animals do is irrelevant. If 2 consenting males want to do each other then so be it. It's no ones business but their own. If 2 consenting females want to do it they should be required to stream it to my monitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:54 PM

3,413 posts, read 6,314,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancofu View Post
This wiki article has some info on homosexual behavior in animals. Don't trust wiki?

Anyway, what other animals do is irrelevant. If 2 consenting males want to do each other then so be it. It's no ones business but their own. If 2 consenting females want to do it they should be required to stream it to my monitor.
Okay, the "monitor" remark was funny... but... the question is not whether thay have the right but is it learned or genetic.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Okay, the "monitor" remark was funny... but... the question is not whether thay have the right but is it learned or genetic.
I think straight people have no right to answer that. Ask a gay person if they chose to be gay then you have your answer.

I don't see how the question is even relevant. What does it matter? What significance does it have on your life?

Until geneticists find the "gay gene", you can only go by what the gay community says.

I don't see how anyone could choose who they are attracted to. I didn't decide to be attracted to women. I couldn't make myself be attracted to men. I also can't understand why someone would choose to be ridiculed and laughed at for their entire life.

The bottom line is that it's no one's business.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I think straight people have no right to answer that. Ask a gay person if they chose to be gay then you have your answer.

I don't see how the question is even relevant. What does it matter? What significance does it have on your life?

Until geneticists find the "gay gene", you can only go by what the gay community says.

I don't see how anyone could choose who they are attracted to. I didn't decide to be attracted to women. I couldn't make myself be attracted to men. I also can't understand why someone would choose to be ridiculed and laughed at for their entire life.

The bottom line is that it's no one's business.
It's the title question of this thread. Maybe, you can ask the OP to make it go away since you don't like it.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
It's the title question of this thread. Maybe, you can ask the OP to make it go away since you don't like it.
I understand that. I gave my opinion on the matter.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 PM

17,998 posts, read 13,238,246 times
Quote:
You're comparing being gay with murder. I'd call that a very unfair analogy.
Okay, I detest pressing wild flowers and can provide sound reasoning for doing so.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 PM

17,998 posts, read 13,238,246 times
Quote:
No, I don't, because I apply critical thinking.

The Pukipedia article says this:

Quote:
Bonobo and other apes

The bonobo, which has a matriarchal society (unusual amongst apes), is a fully bisexual species -- both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for lesbianism in particular. About 60% of all sexual activity in this species is between two or more females. While the homosexual bonding system in bonobos represent the highest frequency of homosexuality known in any species, homosexuality has been reported for all great apes, including humans, as well as a number of other primate species
What the Pukipedia article cleverly and deceitfully fails to tell you is this:

Quote:
bonobo sex often occurs in aggressive contexts totally unrelated to food. A jealous male might chase another away from a female, after which the two males reunite and engage in scrotal rubbing. Or after a female hits a juvenile, the latter's mother may lunge at the aggressor, an action that is immediately followed by genital rubbing between the two adults.
See Frans B. M. de Waal, "Bonobo Sex and Society," Scientific American, Mar. 1995, pp. 82-88

Quote:

Quote:
Properly speaking, homosexuality does not exist among animals.... For reasons of survival, the reproductive instinct among animals is always directed towards an individual of the opposite sex. Therefore, an animal can never be homosexual as such.
See Antonio Pardo, "Aspectos medicos de la homosexualidad," Nuestro Tiempo, Jul.-Aug. 1995, pp. 82-89.

There's a gross equivocation here as the Norgies make the claim that...

Quote:
Lions are also homosexual. Male lions often band together with their brothers to lead the pride. To ensure loyalty, they strengthen the bonds by often having sex with each other.
...yet no one is able to provide evidence that lions actually penetrate each other.

Again, they often misconstrue animal behavior because they don't understand animal behavior

Quote:
The article makes this statement:

Quote:
Taking something that's nonreproductive, like mounting another female—if it leads to control of a resource or acquisition of a resource or a good alliance partner, that could directly impact your reproductive success."
Mounting.

That is an act showing domination, not homosexual behavior.

Quote:
If 2 consenting males want to do each other then so be it. It's no ones business but their own.
Fine, I don't have a problem with that, so long as they keep it their business and don't make it my business.

I am not legally, morally or ethically obligated to condone or subsidize their chosen life-style.

Quote:
If 2 consenting females want to do it they should be required to stream it to my monitor.
You sort of give yourself away there.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The Pukipedia article says this:

What the Pukipedia article cleverly and deceitfully fails to tell you is this:

See Frans B. M. de Waal, "Bonobo Sex and Society," Scientific American, Mar. 1995, pp. 82-88

See Antonio Pardo, "Aspectos medicos de la homosexualidad," Nuestro Tiempo, Jul.-Aug. 1995, pp. 82-89.

There's a gross equivocation here as the Norgies make the claim that...

...yet no one is able to provide evidence that lions actually penetrate each other.

Again, they often misconstrue animal behavior because they don't understand animal behavior

The article makes this statement:

Mounting.

That is an act showing domination, not homosexual behavior.

Fine, I don't have a problem with that, so long as they keep it their business and don't make it my business.

I am not legally, morally or ethically obligated to condone or subsidize their chosen life-style.

You sort of give yourself away there.
Owe you another rep Mircea.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,306,817 times
I'm gay. I've been naturally attracted to guys for ever; however, gay men tend to be very sexualized, especially are obsessed with the butt area, really want butt sex over a relationship and it is pretty disgusting IMO.

Some gays don't have butt sex either.....those are in the minority....

Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM

25,165 posts, read 47,306,817 times
That is REALLY uncommon for a gay man to be very masculine.
I've seen a lot of gay guys trying very hard to be masculine and it is just pitiful. They never learned how to be themselves, thanks to whatever society they grew up with. Another problem is gay people exaggerate the discrimination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
And, on the flip side, a man can also be gay and very masculine. I hate when people assume that all gay men are feminine. That's just a stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or