Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,774,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
There are places homosexuals are taken and are cured of this behavior so if there is a cure then it must be a chosen lifestyle .. or even a mental defect.
Thur Awr play-sizz wur homuhseckshuls ur tay-kin 'n ur kyurd uh this buh-hay-vyur...

No such thing as a cured homosexual. Just gay men who marry women and play straight.

Last edited by jimboburnsy; 09-24-2008 at 02:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 02:17 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,261,295 times
Quote:
There are places homosexuals are taken and are cured of this behavior so if there is a cure then it must be a chosen lifestyle .. or even a mental defect.
Why do you even give a care about this anyway? How do gays & lesbians affect your personal life? Let me bring up an interesting aspect for you to consider: heterosexuals who constantly reproduce affect your personal life (more than homosexuals do) because they are sucking up your tax money for public schools, and even welfare assistance in many cases. Gays don't reproduce, unless they hide their sexuality from everybody else and try to appear "straight". Many gay people have high paying careers and are completely self sufficient ... which is more than I can say about many heteosexual breeders who are reliant on the welfare state. Also, the gays I've known (even the "out of the closet" ones) keep their personal feelings to themselves. They don't make "passes" or inappropriate remarks to people who aren't gay.

Even if sexual preference is chosen (which I don't think it is), why should it be an issue? If a "cure" is supposedly available, so be it. Some people will want to be cured, and others won't. Again, it's really not your concern. Everybody is different, and that's the way it was meant to be, regardless of anybody's personal objections.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
No child pops out of the womb and decides to be a homosexual anymore than he or she decides to be the town drunk. He does not *learn* to be gay any more than he learns how to masturbate. It is what it is. We are all God's children. Our job is to look in the mirror and not judge others by skewed standards. .

Old 09-24-2008, 07:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
That just determines if you will be a molester or dysfunctional type of person...not really anything to do with being a gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
I have gay friends who were molested as young children. Without further research how will they know whether it's genetic or learned or influenced in some way?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:29 PM

kind, sincere, and wise words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
No child pops out of the womb and decides to be a homosexual anymore than he or she decides to be the town drunk. He does not *learn* to be gay any more than he learns how to masturbate. It is what it is. We are all God's children. Our job is to look in the mirror and not judge others by skewed standards. .

Old 09-24-2008, 07:32 PM

Evidence shows that homosexuality is not truly "cured"....and curing therapies have very negative adverse effects such as suicide and depression. I wouldn't say homosexuality is a mental defect or a chosen lifestyle; however, homosexuals a lot of times choose a very sexual, no strings attached, and non-relationship type of lifestyle that can also involve drugs, alcohol, and a lot of narcissism. People confuse the immature stereotypical gay LIFESTYLE with the innate homosexual attraction and physiological reactions that naturally occurs within a true homosexual. And yes there are many gays that qualify for the stereotypical gay lifestyle.

I'm gay and choose relationships, love, friendship, and care anytime over lust and greed. I have always been drug-free. Have I met a lot of gay people that are like me? No.

Quote:

Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM

Totally true and usually it's pitiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post

No such thing as a cured homosexual. Just gay men who marry women and play straight.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That just determines if you will be a molester or dysfunctional type of person...not really anything to do with being a gay
Thy were all 3 molested as kids and none are molesters. Their molesters told them they were gay (part of their manipulation). Now they are all gay- coincidence? No possibilty their first sexual experiences, (which weren't their choice, they were just children) and the insistence of a trusted elder that they were indeed gay could have had an affect?

Old 09-24-2008, 08:41 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
It is my personal belief that no one is born with any sexual orientation in particular, and that orientations are learned/developed over time. I base that on my own feelings/perceptions, and of course I could be wrong.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Thy were all 3 molested as kids and none are molesters. Their molesters told them they were gay (part of their manipulation). Now they are all gay- coincidence? No possibilty their first sexual experiences, (which weren't their choice, they were just children) and the insistence of a trusted elder that they were indeed gay could have had an affect?
Of course. I think such experiences convince some children they're straight, also--when little girls are molested by older men, or little boys are molested by older women. They can start to believe that they are meant to be with that sex whether they would have felt that way otherwise or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates