U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 4,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
DO NOT GET PREGNANT.
PREGANANCY MAKES YOU FAT.
CHILDREN MAKE YOU LOOK OLD.
CHILDREN COST A LOT OF MONEY.
CHILDREN HAVE NO GRATITUDE FOR YOUR SACRIFICES.

Instead of getting pregnant do this:
1. Go to school.
2. Study.
3. Become a Registered Nurse or a Teacher.

UM OK... SO WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR EDUCATION??? Pregnancy does not get you fat, kids dont make you look old and they dont cost a lot of money! and yes do something with your life while having kids cause honestly your not only doing it for yourself but your doing it for them. wake up and relaize what the freak you just said! I had twins when i was a teen and another shortly after, graduated high and now college in spring... so ummm yea kids have nothing to do with what you do with yourself! to me you just dont like kids and want nothing to do with!

Old 11-08-2009, 10:33 AM

16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
Excuuuuse me but I really get sick of people babying their offspring into their twenties and thirties. I joined the Army at 17 and was a Sergeant before my 19th Birthday. I also had a wife and child by that time. Yes it was rough but life is. But this idea that every one needs to go to college and go into debt so that they can use their degree to work at SLAVEMART is ridiculous. Struggle is the essence of life and the sooner you get to it the better

Old 11-08-2009, 11:31 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,574,557 times
The whole issue would be moot if our society would get up to speed on the idea of people having control over whether they have babies or not.

Maybe there should even be a 12 month warranty. If you don't like it, take it back.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:01 PM

8,308 posts, read 8,583,412 times
I think almost everyone agrees that teenage pregnancy is a bad idea. If that is the case why does it continue in the USA at such phenomenally high rates? Most importantly what can we do about it?

I advocate: 1. Sex or reproductive education starting at fifth grade.

2. Free contraception

3. After school programs to give adolescents something positive to do.

4. Adoption counseling when prevention fails.

5. Abortion services for all who will not benefit from or utilize the first
four alternatives.

What I do not advocate and have difficulty supporting are all the programs that seem to encourage teen pregnancy and parenting. I've seen special schools for young mothers, AFDC, public housing--in which they are a priority, Medicaid, parenting classes etc. All this assistance is meant to prevent babies from being harmed and it helps accomplish this end. The same programs unfortunately act as an incentive to some to become teen mothers

I do not advocate just dumping teen mothers on the street. If they absolutely will not take advantage of alternatives, something has to be done with them. But where are their parents and where is the responsibility?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
I really don't see any pro . It pretty much limits the mothers life from then on to a very high per cenatge . Most of the pros sighted are more personal proebem that are rarely really solved and lead to other more seriosu probem usually.Children are not dolls or pets. In times past it was common but that was when adulkthood datrted very early as well as total self reliance and male children were valued because they provide help on the farm etc.Now days most children a a libilty into their 20's with modern society.Efen then single parents were even at a bigger disavantgae;then we are talking married in their teens with a husband to suport them and tteens that had responsibities of adults and able to handle it.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM

2,637 posts, read 3,880,670 times
It is my thoughts, that if there were better TV programing, there would be less pregnancys, across the board. You know what they say about idle hands.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:14 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,545,561 times
Um....I'm not tracking.....

What possible "pro" could there be to teen-pregnancy?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,574,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

What possible "pro" could there be to teen-pregnancy?
Well, what possible "pro" cold there be to pregnancy at any age? In what way would that 'pro' not be applicable to teens?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,566,735 times
Thanks for telling me that Teen age sex was to "fill a void". I had never figured that out.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM

1,492 posts, read 6,777,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORGUSX View Post

Pro

-The baby can fill the void of the teenage mother
-The baby can be someone to keep the
That is not the job of a baby....to fill voids and be entertainment or something to do.

Any person who gives this as a pro has proven they are not ready to be a parent. It's not about the needs or desire of the birth parent...it's about the kid- their needs...which in this case the parent would be too selfish to care for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates