U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:19 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,328,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If I seem to focus and comment on the cultural problems because it's the only way to fix a problem is to accept that it exists and try to improve the situation. Of course, there are trash people in every race and ethnicity. And it's not productive to get all butt hurt when someone happens to notice or comment on the "lower segments" of your race or nationality and they aren't of your race.

It seems to me on this board and in real life that the only allowable negative comments can come from those of the same race or nationality.

Trash people are always more visible because of their annoying and obnoxious behaviour. Regular, civilize, more normal people just blend in well with the rest of society.

The problem is that a whole group or race of people are judged based on the trash. That is what you and so many others on CD and in society do. What is so productive about doing that? Maybe it makes it easier for people like you to not have to apply critical thinking to a situation, but thats about it.

Instead of recognizing trash for what it is - trash, you and others of the same mentality use it as a broad brush to paint everyone else in a group.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:06 PM

44,594 posts, read 43,126,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
The problem is that a whole group or race of people are judged based on the trash. That is what you and so many others on CD and in society do. What is so productive about doing that? Maybe it makes it easier for people like you to not have to apply critical thinking to a situation, but thats about it.

Instead of recognizing trash for what it is - trash, you and others of the same mentality use it as a broad brush to paint everyone else in a group.
That is one thing that people need to realize. Blacks have often been judged by the worst of its ethnic group. Judging an entire ethnic group as bad based on a few stereotypes is a very horrible thing and that is one thing that needs to end.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,328,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
That is one thing that people need to realize. Blacks have often been judged by the worst of its ethnic group. Judging an entire ethnic group as bad based on a few stereotypes is a very horrible thing and that is one thing that needs to end.
I definitely think the key is the younger generation. You can see it happening as we speak. They are less likely to follow stereotyps of their elders and form their own opinion.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:59 AM

1,604 posts, read 3,418,076 times
Quote:
I definitely think the key is the younger generation. You can see it happening as we speak. They are less likely to follow stereotyps of their elders and form their own opinion.
Maybe out in most of America, but where I am, the youth would rather paint every person of my skin pigment as no different than the lowest segment of the race. You see it every day, particularly in the forms of racially monolithic cliques, quickness to base actions of stereotypical blacks as fact for how all blacks are, lack or interracial couples involving blacks (compared to seeing how many whites/Asians/S. Indians are involved in one), listening to today's rap music and taking it as a documentary instead of entertainment (or really seeing what it is as an instrument to spread a racist image about blacks).

Old 04-25-2009, 06:41 PM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,431,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Maybe out in most of America, but where I am, the youth would rather paint every person of my skin pigment as no different than the lowest segment of the race. You see it every day, particularly in the forms of racially monolithic cliques, quickness to base actions of stereotypical blacks as fact for how all blacks are, lack or interracial couples involving blacks (compared to seeing how many whites/Asians/S. Indians are involved in one), listening to today's rap music and taking it as a documentary instead of entertainment (or really seeing what it is as an instrument to spread a racist image about blacks).
So... I guess from this post, you still haven't found an Asian girlfriend? Why not trying dating a nice black woman in the meantime?

Old 04-25-2009, 07:23 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,418,076 times
Quote:
So... I guess from this post, you still haven't found an Asian girlfriend? Why not trying dating a nice black woman in the meantime?
1) Stop thinking you have the authority to tell me where "my place is." Why you're at it, why don't you tell me to drop out of college, sell drugs, and end up on Maury for some "you're my baby daddy" segment. Northeastern US elitism at its finest!
2) I would be just as happy with a white, middle-eastern, Latino, or black girlfriend.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:17 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
1) Stop thinking you have the authority to tell me where "my place is." Why you're at it, why don't you tell me to drop out of college, sell drugs, and end up on Maury for some "you're my baby daddy" segment. Northeastern US elitism at its finest!
2) I would be just as happy with a white, middle-eastern, Latino, or black girlfriend.
1)Then stop making PUBLIC posts about how you only see Asian women with white boyfriends and that you can't find an Asian girl to date.

2) I am pleased to see that you are willing to date women of other races. However, if you reread your past posts on the subject of dating, they were all emo about not being able to find an Asian girlfriend.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:47 PM

727 posts, read 1,651,248 times
Quote:
If I seem to focus and comment on the cultural problems because it's the only way to fix a problem is to accept that it exists and try to improve the situation. Of course, there are trash people in every race and ethnicity. And it's not productive to get all butt hurt when someone happens to notice or comment on the "lower segments" of your race or nationality and they aren't of your race.

It seems to me on this board and in real life that the only allowable negative comments can come from those of the same race or nationality.

Trash people are always more visible because of their annoying and obnoxious behaviour. Regular, civilize, more normal people just blend in well with the rest of society.
Its NOBODYS place to decide who is trash or whatever!! Judge yourself before you judge others. Obviously black people mean alot to you.....I mean no one cares what you say about us. ITS NOT for you to judge us...... Reprogram your brain!!

Old 05-10-2009, 09:44 PM

485 posts, read 903,529 times
YA its to bad rerun From WHATS HAPPENING AND WHATS HAPPENING NOW is dead...Now all the new show have blacks acting white and whites acting black....as far as good tv it stopped in around 1980?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:20 PM
miu

Quote:

My post that you replied to stated that I think that trash people come in ALL races, so that would include whites and Asians. So where do you get that I am judging just one race on their trash people?

I take people as I meet them. If I encounter trash people, I just get them out of my life quickly, no matter what colour their skin is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or