U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,327,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
I hate getting involved with these types of threads because it makes me angry that even though every person is an individual and made differently in the eye's of God, people cannot see blacks as individuals.
I get so tired of trying to change people's perception, like miu. I have found it useless because no matter the amount of explaining, showing real statistics, proving them wrong is going to make them change who they are. They want to see things their way. They think they are "holier than thou." No one is going to die because you don't want to talk to them.

So therefore, I live my life right, no matter what people may think of me and the next black person because for real, we know who we are as a person, an individual, and no racist, bigoted person can make me feel guilty about being black. No one.
Some people can. in fact, many people can. however, threads like these seem to bring out the ignorant points of view.

CD should definitely NOT be a measure of any behavior by a group of people.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:52 PM

932 posts, read 1,493,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
Some people can. in fact, many people can. however, threads like these seem to bring out the ignorant points of view.

CD should definitely NOT be a measure of any behavior by a group of people.
That's true. I could say well I've meet a few overtly racist, bigoted whites on CD, so I am going to treat every white person as though they are all racists and bigoted.

No way. Thank God for giving me a brain and allowing me to make distinctions based on people's character and not the color of their skin.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:03 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,327,518 times
Quote:
That's true. I could say well I've meet a few overtly racist, bigoted whites on CD, so I am going to treat every white person as though they are all racists and bigoted.

No way. Thank God for giving me a brain and allowing me to make distinctions based on people's character and not the color of their skin.
Exactly...

The ignorant people that make such comments on these threads speak about blacks blaming whites, etc but they judge in the same manner.

I just laugh at their pittifulness

Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
miu

16,469 posts, read 33,418,786 times
Quote:
I hate getting involved with these types of threads because it makes me angry that even though every person is an individual and made differently in the eye's of God, people cannot see blacks as individuals.

I get so tired of trying to change people's perception, like miu. I have found it useless because no matter the amount of explaining, showing real statistics, proving them wrong is going to make them change who they are. They want to see things their way. They think they are "holier than thou." No one is going to die because you don't want to talk to them.

So therefore, I live my life right, no matter what people may think of me and the next black person because for real, we know who we are as a person, an individual, and no racist, bigoted person can make me feel guilty about being black. No one.
I don't consider myself racist. I just object to all of ghetto urban culture, no matter what race is living that lifestyle.

Separately, I just don't find black men attractive to date, they just aren't sexually appealing to me. I don't like their facial features nor the texture of their hair. I don't have any problems with working with black people as long as they are good co-workers. As to making close friends with them, so far I have not met any black person that shared any of my same interests. Take my 38 year old black manager for instance, any time we try to have small talk, she wants to talk about her son and how I should have a child. Since I am 50 years old, she thinks I should adopt one. And she is also a Christian, so I don't want to talk about church or god stuff. She doesn't like that I love to eat rare steak, while she wants her beef cooked until it's grey and well done. And her idea of a good night on the town is way too wild for me. She also boasts about having several boyfriends. Then we have one black steward in our department, and it's embarrassing the way she lectures him in front of the rest of the staff for disappearing on her. I actually don't have any problems with his work ethic and have told the rest of the managers how I feel. But for some reason, this black manager feels that it's her mission to keep this guy constantly at her beck and call. I've also suggested to this steward that he ask to be trained as a waiter, but he doesn't seem interested in acquiring more job skills. Then there is a gay black male waiter that occasionally works with me. Last week, he broke a lot of plates while pushing a cart. He doesn't have much commonsense, as the problem was the cart was only loaded on the top level and became top heavy and unstable. But I do realize that what he did had nothing at all to do with being black. And... that's all the blacks I currently encounter on a frequent basis.

My close friends are ones that share my interests such as liking antiques, liking the same music or food,loving dogs, caring about the environment, being an atheist or not talking at all about their god if they have one, liking the same types of cars, enjoying motorsports like autocross, rally or rallycross. F1 racing talk is fine but no Nascar fans for me. Also, most of my female friends aren't into children, those that do just don't talk about their kids with me. I also tend to have females friends that aren't into high heels, makeup and handbag collecting. We aren't addicting to mall shopping. We all went to college, and no one has even come close to being a "baby momma" or dating a guy with baby momma drama. Of my Jewish friends, none of them ever talk about what's going on in Israel or whine about the Holocaust. We all live in the present and for the future.

There are many great blacks in the public eye. I have much respect for Sydney Poitier, Bill Cosby, Morgan Freeman, Colin Powell, Oprah, Iman and Angela Bassett just to name a few of them. I love blues and jazz music. I hate rap music and that whole lifestyle. Sorry, but anyone into rap culture, no matter what the colour of their skin is, will get the hairy eyeball from me. And it's very difficult to take anyone seriously that says "axe" instead of "ask".

Anyway, if you want to consider me a racist, go ahead I really don't care what you all think of me. It's only the internet. And if you want to blame people like me for "keeping the black man down" then I feel very sorry for you. There is absolutely nothing I do in my life that keeps anyone "down". And I think that what's keeping anyone down is only themselves with how they behave and what they do with each of their waking hours.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM

8,796 posts, read 9,620,365 times
If you ever get a job in finance in the Concord or Manchester area , I can hook you up with some African Americans who you might find suitable. I dont think anyone wants to be hanging out with some black workers at some Chicken Shack in Brooklyn.
You know if you read primary sources from the late 17th century you will find that African Americans have been using the word ax for over 200 years. dialect is a vital part of African American traditions.
anyway Black people don't complain when white people say "Warsh my clothes or Warshington DC, it's "Wash" dammit!

Last edited by thriftylefty; 05-12-2009 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-12-2009, 11:01 AM

493 posts, read 494,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Ok, so what's your question?
How riled up and agitated can I make the AA members of CD with my idiotic rambling?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:41 PM

2,731 posts, read 5,936,312 times
Heres what i have learned from this discussion.
Any honest & open discussion about Race if you are white/asian/etc will..
Get the race card thrown out at you.
So remember white folks keep your views to yourself.
Even concern for the black community will get you labeled racist

Old 05-12-2009, 01:58 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,468,958 times
Real thin line between genuine concern and gratuitous condescension. Most non-blacks looking to have an "honest" discussion concerning black people fail to see that.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:01 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,468,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If you ever get a job in finance in the Concord or Manchester area , I can hook you up with some African Americans who you might find suitable. I dont think anyone wants to be hanging out with some black workers at some Chicken Shack in Brooklyn.
Good luck with that. People like her will go to great lengths to find some kind of a deal-breaker with those who would be otherwise "suitable".

Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 PM

365 posts, read 1,023,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Real thin line between genuine concern and gratuitous condescension. Most non-blacks looking to have an "honest" discussion concerning black people fail to see that.
Best response ever. Rep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or