Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 04:40 PM

609 posts, read 1,174,112 times

Advertisements

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Just married and determined to die

of course these people do litterally have souls, what i cant understand is how anyone could be in that frame of mind? so religiously brainwashed that they could ever do something like that? so unsympathetic, so cold? justifying and disregarding the fact that they will purposely kill women and children.

its kinda sick when you this had families. but then again so did the nazis who commited the worst crimes. they had families they loved, children they played with and so on.

and some of the left in america complain about the 'extremist right christians who protest at gays funeral". HAHA. its obvioulsy nothing in comparison.

keep in mind the BBc is very left wing and known for being sympathetic in general to terrorists, the middle east, extremists as well as extremely harsh on american.

funny how left think the war is so bad. with people like this its amazing we dont have a hundred more wars jsut to try and wipe out extremist thought like this. i know that may sound contradictory and will 'create more terrorists" but i disagree. we have people brainwashed from a young age and the only way to stop this at the stem of the problem. early childhood propaganda and exremist rascist thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,987,564 times
Ah--the curse of Religion. It can (and does) do strange things to people.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM

268 posts, read 1,049,780 times
To OP:

I'm not sure what the "debate" issue here is: Is it that you want us to discuss how some humans can do frightful things - as to be incomprehensible?

. . . But religious extremists have always been like that. And it's not solely a "left" or Islamic issue either. Think of the Ku Klux Clan or religious fanatics who bomb abortion clinics. This is happening in America, among Americans and done by Americans to other Americans. Doesn't your statement - "people brainwashed from a young age . . . early childhood propaganda and exremist rascist thought" also apply here?

I think the key here is to understand that these are extremists - and any extreme of anything tends to be evil. Aristotle said that a long time ago, and it is just as true today.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:14 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,226,849 times
There is no difference between extreme left (read: communism) and extreme right (read: Nazis) or between extreme atheists (again read: communism) and extreme Christians (again read: Nazis).
In both cases it is either their way or the highway.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 AM

except right now theres a huge huge huge problem involving milllions and millions of them ready to acts instantly and even blow themselves up. unfortunately alot of sick extremists cna blow up a building, even with people in it. but it takes a special type to know your going to walk into a group of women and children and blow youself up, completely unsympathetically

Old 10-14-2008, 04:24 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,226,849 times
Originally Posted by leangk
Quote:
except right now theres a huge huge huge problem involving milllions and millions of them ready to acts instantly and even blow themselves up
True, I don't understand the (Christian) Timothy Mcveigh's and the (Christian) Branch Davidians of the world.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by leangk True, I don't understand the (Christian) Timothy Mcveigh's and the (Christian) Branch Davidians of the world.
i dont understand? where you being sarcastic? if so, you have named two christians. as coompared to the tens of thousands protesting in london calling for the death of all infidels? the millions and millions in the middle east?

i dont understand how these people can do the bombings either, but its clear they arent real christians. unlike the millions of jihadist muslims who have been widely accepted by the muslim community.

maybe if the muslim community spent the time and effort they do an stopping "stereotypes and rascism against muslims" on stopping extremism they might get somewhere.

has anyone else noticed hwo they spend more time on stopping the stereotypes and such but very little combatting extremism? of course in Canada we have nice neat shows like "little mosque on the prarie" meant to combat rasicsm and show us the nice, kind, loving moderate liberal muslim who we shouldnt fear. despite the fact that even in canada, there was an assasination plot on our primeminister that was stopped, as well as many terrorists living in canada. and even child soldiers who are 'canadian (disputable) and go and fight in afganistan and iraq

Old 10-14-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwynn View Post
To OP:

I'm not sure what the "debate" issue here is: Is it that you want us to discuss how some humans can do frightful things - as to be incomprehensible?

. . . But religious extremists have always been like that. And it's not solely a "left" or Islamic issue either. Think of the Ku Klux Clan or religious fanatics who bomb abortion clinics. This is happening in America, among Americans and done by Americans to other Americans. Doesn't your statement - "people brainwashed from a young age . . . early childhood propaganda and exremist rascist thought" also apply here?

I think the key here is to understand that these are extremists - and any extreme of anything tends to be evil. Aristotle said that a long time ago, and it is just as true today.
yeah sorry about that for not making it clear. it ws kind of a wider, broad subject. that involved "how can people do such things", is it 'truly evil people or jsut people trained to do evil things" stuff like that

Old 10-14-2008, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by leangk True, I don't understand the (Christian) Timothy Mcveigh's and the (Christian) Branch Davidians of the world.
ummm
timothy mcveigh was a self procclimed agnostic.... he used to attend church alot with his dad and used to be a "devout christian" howeverever his attacks had no religious undertone or motivation whatsoever.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 AM

225 posts, read 341,969 times
I really don't understand the remark about the BBC being left-leaning. The piece is completely factual and devoid of opinion. If you mean that they 'failed to condemn the terrorists' for their intentions or point of view, I would call that journalism as it was intended.

In any case, this is the great evil that is religion. It goes by many names, Christianity and Islam are the biggies, but no matter the strain it allows its adherents to justify any sort of murderous behavior. Pretty much all religions are based on dividing people into 'us' and 'them,' them being the wrong ones going to some sort of hell or failing in the eyes of some god and deserving death or ostracism. What ticks me off is that the media don't rightly criticize all religion for so much of the trouble in the world today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates