U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:10 AM

1,237 posts, read 2,640,207 times

Advertisements

I don't think the constitution is the problem. I think it is the politicians who are out for money and power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 02:30 PM

27,236 posts, read 40,261,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
No, YOU don't (apparently) need a weapon to fend for yourself. I am partially disabled, and even though in my youth I took karate, the best I might now be able to do is get in one not very hard punch, breaking a few bones in my hand in the process. After that, the now truly incensed attacker(s) will really do a final job on me. Do you really think it would go otherwise?

Perhaps you just stay in your locked house all the time. I, perhaps being somewhat more confident and self-reliant and loving of life, go out into the real, and unfortunately occasionally violent world to enjoy the geese, the sun, the flowers, and my innocent but vulnerable kids .

Please post the video of you taking on even one bat-wielding attacker with your "love thy neighbour" mindset and nothing else. Gotta see it!

My philosophy?

"Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best" Sound sensible?

Or, your idea:

"Ignore realities. Denegrate realists. Assume the best".
Your weaknesses are not MY problem. Bye bye.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:45 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Your weaknesses are not MY problem. Bye bye.
You did say you have no friends, right? Understandable if you don't care about anyone else's situation, weaknesses or needs. But just so you don't secretly worry about me, no need. As noted above, I have taken care of my life, courtesy, to some degree, of the United States Constitution.

Which we won't be re-writing in accordance with your decidedly anti-social outlook. PS: Watch out for the wolf-people!

Old 10-23-2008, 02:51 PM

Oh, there are other amendments...

people don't want some people to have free speech either. They want to accuse people of slander, or treason, or intolerance.

It's funny how people are threatened by ideas or viewpoints that conflict with their own.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:25 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Wink Ain't it funny though?

Quote:
It's funny how people are threatened by ideas or viewpoints that conflict with their own.
"Look unto yourself, Grasshopper..."

PS: You gotta love this photo of some dangerous Swiss girls . Wanna try this at your local Baskin-Robbins? I gotta get hold of their Constitution!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ce_Cream-1.jpg

Want to try to assault or rape any one of these three?

Last edited by rifleman; 10-25-2008 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: typos, clarity

Old 10-25-2008, 11:22 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,514,836 times
Originally Posted by rifleman
Quote:
Are you claiming that rapists are unable to rape an armed person?
Being a rapist doesn't necessarily mean being stupid.
Besidez, no gun will protect you against being drugged or manipulation so a rapist can have his way with you.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by riflemanAre you claiming that rapists are unable to rape an armed person?
Besidez, no gun will protect you against being drugged or manipulation so a rapist can have his way with you.

Let's not forget the woman who was IN THE SHOWER when a guy broke into her home, STOLE her gun, and used THAT as his weapon to perpetrate his rape!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
"Look unto yourself, Grasshopper..."

PS: You gotta love this photo of some dangerous Swiss girls . Wanna try this at your local Baskin-Robbins? I gotta get hold of their Constitution!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...ce_Cream-1.jpg

Their viewpoints aren't what would make them dangerous, Rifleman. It's the possibility of them going nuts, and sniping at people from some tower somewhere.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:21 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,250,335 times
Quote:
Their viewpoints aren't what would make them dangerous, Rifleman. It's the possibility of them going nuts, and sniping at people from some tower somewhere.
can you please post some facts to substantiate your claim that law-abiding gun owners "going nuts, and sniping at people from some tower somewhere"?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:22 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,250,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by riflemanAre you claiming that rapists are unable to rape an armed person?
it is less likely, not imposable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates