U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2008, 11:18 AM
 
48,519 posts, read 81,113,623 times
Reputation: 17978

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday Wrong, I just see clearly how the present is shaped by history and can thus predict more accurately how the future will be.
Your argument that America is 'free' or lives according the spirit of freedom better known as the American Dream is just that a dream/illusion.
The so called 'American Dream' has always been built on the backs of the poor and unknowing; better known as the weak or gullible.
I'll take that dream and illusion any day compared to so much ogf the world. In fact the socailist or communist dream died years ago when it was founfd thast it is much like a dictao9trship but lesss efficent in economy. Even the CVhinaese have given it pout as a econmy and addoted the market system based economy. The one holdout is sotuh KLorea where millions have saraved to death to promote a ruling class.At the same time south Korea is doing great and in fact sends aid to the north. Not many are going to fall for the stalins and chairman rhese days.Why not move to Cuba ;they will take you. The anyone wanting to live their socialist dreams can live to their fill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,682,036 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I'll take that dream and illusion any day compared to so much ogf the world. In fact the socailist or communist dream died years ago when it was founfd thast it is much like a dictao9trship but lesss efficent in economy. Even the CVhinaese have given it pout as a econmy and addoted the market system based economy. The one holdout is sotuh KLorea where millions have saraved to death to promote a ruling class.At the same time south Korea is doing great and in fact sends aid to the north. Not many are going to fall for the stalins and chairman rhese days.Why not move to Cuba ;they will take you. The anyone wanting to live their socialist dreams can live to their fill.
???????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 1,044,182 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I'll take that dream and illusion any day compared to so much ogf the world. In fact the socailist or communist dream died years ago when it was founfd thast it is much like a dictao9trship but lesss efficent in economy. Even the CVhinaese have given it pout as a econmy and addoted the market system based economy. The one holdout is sotuh KLorea where millions have saraved to death to promote a ruling class.At the same time south Korea is doing great and in fact sends aid to the north. Not many are going to fall for the stalins and chairman rhese days.Why not move to Cuba ;they will take you. The anyone wanting to live their socialist dreams can live to their fill.
very well said. is it not a coincidence the far left of today is always so keen to promote a policy that in every case has led to recent government control? If people cant easily see the differenc ebetween americans and chinas freedom, theres something wrong.. in china people are black bagged v for vendetta style. in cuba people go missing. Russia is still suffering the communist aftermath, making it non uncommon to hear of an anti government journalist poisoned or killed under "undetermible cause?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,682,036 times
Reputation: 388
under the neocon rights regime you could easily be sent to one of our concentration camps Guantanamo Bay detention camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to rot in prison with no constitutional protection. or you could be sent to a third world hellhole to be tortured ... Annals of Justice: Outsourcing Torture: The New Yorker customer service isn"t the only thing America outsources. People disappear in america just as easy as any communist country..... http://www.lahttp://www.nightslanter...itprison.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,527,272 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by texdav
Quote:
In fact the socailist or communist dream died years ago when it was founfd thast it is much like a dictao9trship but lesss efficent in economy.
The keyword for the credit crisis is trust and I fear for you Americans that once the credit crisis is over the next crisis will be the fall of the US $ because the world will not believe that America will be able to repay their national debt; if the credit crisis has proven 1 thing it is that for too long have we (non-Americans) accepted the fact that Americans are living above their station (read: spend more money than they actually have).
Simply printing more money will not solve this trust issue.

Last edited by Tricky D; 10-20-2008 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,682,036 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by texdav The keyword for the credit crisis is trust and I fear for you Americans that once the credit crisis is over the next crisis will be the fall of the US $ because the world will not believe that America will be able to repay their national debt; if the credit crisis has proven 1 thing it is that for too long have we (non-Americans) accepted the fact that Americans are living above their station (read: spend more money than they actually have).
Simply printing more money will not solve this trust issue.
When the American goverment has a problem they always just throw cash at it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,527,272 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by elvislives
Quote:
When the American goverment has a problem they always just throw cash at it..
This is generally what most governments do, but creating cash to pay off your national debt will not work.
Neither will going to war as a (fabricated) reason to not pay off your national debt (or at least delay payment of your national debt).

In all honesty I cannot blame the American people for living too large on credit if they only followed their government’s example.
Then again, it is the people who chose their own government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,682,036 times
Reputation: 388
capitalism is almost dead here it won't be much longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,527,272 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by elvislives
Quote:
capitalism is almost dead here it won't be much longer.
I don't really care about capitalism, I only hope people are able to change when change is necessary.
I mean when you are drowning you do not get the choice (or personal freedom) to not breath in order to survive.
In my book change is not always an option, but a necessity in order to survive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top