U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,963,185 times
Reputation: 2162

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Drugs are for losers, I don't pollute my body. I didn't even let them give me general anesthetic when the oral surgeon was pulling teeth. He wanted to give me general anesthetic but I refused.
Lol.. just because you're a hard ass that refuses anesthetic doesn't mean that people who have ever done/taken a drug are losers.. I don't drink.. regularly.. I don't smoke marijuana.. regularly.. it's prob been over a year since I smoked a joint and before that I couldn't tell you. Last time I had a beer.. well.. prob about a month ago. I'm a healthy person.. I work out... totally reject your definition of a 'loser'. By the way, I also took 2 Tylenols today because my ear is killing me.. guess I'm pretty pathetic, right? Seriously.. as long as you don't let something take control of your life.. if you're smoking pot or drinking alcohol on occasion.. I can't find anything wrong with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,963,185 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
They offered me general anesthetic which I refused. They used a minute amount of local anesthetic on each of the four teeth.

I'd want to be awake for any procedure so I could make sure that A- they weren't going to inject an air-bubble into me to covertly kill me B- they don't sodomize me C- they don't leave any surgical tools inside me.

As a general rule I wouldn't have any operation unless an immediate family member was in the room.
LMAO-- there's no way you aren't joking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 639,854 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
LMAO-- there's no way you aren't joking.

A lot of doctors will put you out and then do whatever they want to you. Priests molest little kids, nursing home staff are occasionally found to molest helpless elderly patients. There's no reason to believe that doctors might not sodomize or molest somebody who has been put under for an operation.

As for injecting an air bubble into you, if a doctor wanted to kill you, doing it during an operation would be the way to do it. Likewise, Andries Petrus Treurnicht was the most viable genuine conservative in South Africa in 1993, until he died during a routine heart operation which was expected to be simple and straight forward. Nobody really knows how he died, but his death paved the way for the communist takeover of South Africa in 1994. It is obvious to most everybody familiar with the situation at the time that he was murdered by government operatives who wanted him removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,963,185 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
A lot of doctors will put you out and then do whatever they want to you. Priests molest little kids, nursing home staff are occasionally found to molest helpless elderly patients. There's no reason to believe that doctors might not sodomize or molest somebody who has been put under for an operation.

As for injecting an air bubble into you, if a doctor wanted to kill you, doing it during an operation would be the way to do it. Likewise, Andries Petrus Treurnicht was the most viable genuine conservative in South Africa in 1993, until he died during a routine heart operation which was expected to be simple and straight forward. Nobody really knows how he died, but his death paved the way for the communist takeover of South Africa in 1994. It is obvious to most everybody familiar with the situation at the time that he was murdered by government operatives who wanted him removed.
Seriously.. you are either an overly zealous worrywart.. like it's most definitely such a problem that it's got to be impacting your life or.. you are jerking us around.. I don't see any other way to view your statements.

/cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 639,854 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Lol.. just because you're a hard ass that refuses anesthetic doesn't mean that people who have ever done/taken a drug are losers.. I don't drink.. regularly.. I don't smoke marijuana.. regularly.. it's prob been over a year since I smoked a joint and before that I couldn't tell you. Last time I had a beer.. well.. prob about a month ago. I'm a healthy person.. I work out... totally reject your definition of a 'loser'. By the way, I also took 2 Tylenols today because my ear is killing me.. guess I'm pretty pathetic, right? Seriously.. as long as you don't let something take control of your life.. if you're smoking pot or drinking alcohol on occasion.. I can't find anything wrong with that.

I found that alcohol was a waste of time and money (aside from sapping endurance and stamina) so I entirely stopped drinking recently.

Tylenol is a compound that comes from natural sources and I don't believe it has been shown to produce any mind-altering states. I don't believe there is any amount of THC that you can have in your system without having mind-altering effects. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I have zero experience when it comes to using marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 639,854 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Seriously.. you are either an overly zealous worrywart.. like it's most definitely such a problem that it's got to be impacting your life or.. you are jerking us around.. I don't see any other way to view your statements.

/cheers

If you want to go alone to a doctor and let him put you under I just hope you really trust the doctor and that your trust is not misplaced. It's much easier to have a family member in the room and risk being called paranoid or ridiculed, then it is to become un-raped, un-molested, un-killed, or unharmed if something happens. It costs virtually nothing to have a family member or close friend present in the room during an operation. Why would you mock the idea of such a thing? Would you let your 12 year old daughter go to a male OBGYN alone? Even a female OBGYN for that matter. Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,963,185 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I found that alcohol was a waste of time and money (aside from sapping endurance and stamina) so I entirely stopped drinking recently.

Tylenol is a compound that comes from natural sources and I don't believe it has been shown to produce any mind-altering states. I don't believe there is any amount of THC that you can have in your system without having mind-altering effects. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I have zero experience when it comes to using marijuana.
Are you a recovering alcoholic? I mean when you say you recently stopped drinking.. makes me wonder. There is something fishy with your statements.. lol.. do you belong to an extremist religious organization?

I just don't get where you're coming from.. sure there is a high associated with smoking pot just like there is one from drinking alcohol.. sometimes it's used as a way to escape. I'm guessing you think there is a problem with anything that alters (however temporary) your current reality. But.. you said you used to drink.. I think I'm missing something here, lol.

My point.. is that if you're responsible with your consumption of either.. there should be no big issue.. shouldn't make someone a 'loser'.

The only reason I brought up the Tylenol is because you made a point about how you refused anesthetic.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,963,185 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
If you want to go alone to a doctor and let him put you under I just hope you really trust the doctor and that your trust is not misplaced. It's much easier to have a family member in the room and risk being called paranoid or ridiculed, then it is to become un-raped, un-molested, un-killed, or unharmed if something happens. It costs virtually nothing to have a family member or close friend present in the room during an operation. Why would you mock the idea of such a thing? Would you let your 12 year old daughter go to a male OBGYN alone? Even a female OBGYN for that matter. Why?
You seem like an extremist.. absolutely no drugs.. not even anesthetic.. you don't want to be put under because you don't trust doctors.. either you are jerking me around or you have an issue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 639,854 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
Are you a recovering alcoholic? I mean when you say you recently stopped drinking.. makes me wonder. There is something fishy with your statements.. lol.. do you belong to an extremist religious organization?

I just don't get where you're coming from.. sure there is a high associated with smoking pot just like there is one from drinking alcohol.. sometimes it's used as a way to escape. I'm guessing you think there is a problem with anything that alters (however temporary) your current reality. But.. you said you used to drink.. I think I'm missing something here, lol.

My point.. is that if you're responsible with your consumption of either.. there should be no big issue.. shouldn't make someone a 'loser'.

The only reason I brought up the Tylenol is because you made a point about how you refused anesthetic.


No, I've never had a problem with alcohol, I just came to realize it wasn't doing anything for me, and while it wasn't ruining my family life, social life, etc, it just wasn't doing anything for me. Why spend money on something that doesn't result in real benefits? I don't need to drink to socialize, do I? Why should socialization have to revolve around alcohol? I don't regard alcohol use as sinful, I just don't see any point to it. At best it is a temporary distraction.

You spend money on beer, drink a few cans, get an interesting feeling for an hour or two, it slows down your cardio workout the next day, saps you of energy you might use for sparring and other exercise, and then it packs on extra pounds. Why bother drinking to begin with?

I'm aiming to move fast and it was slowing me down. If you're going to be serious about exercise and fitness, you have to reduce your alcohol intake to zero. Alcohol and tobacco are probably the two worst things you can put into your body if you're serious about physical fitness... Note, I meant the two worst LEGAL substances. I'm sure you could find worse things, but they're not legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 639,854 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGrrrl View Post
You seem like an extremist.. absolutely no drugs.. not even anesthetic.. you don't want to be put under because you don't trust doctors.. either you are jerking me around or you have an issue..

I accepted a prescription for opiate-based pain killers after the operation, but that was as a last resort since the pain was tremendous (the tooth removal site became infected) and I wouldn't have been able to sleep given the extreme level of pain. I was still always aware and under control. I don't like giving up control to other people, not in regards to something like a remote control or what's for dinner, but physical control over my body. I shouldn't have to be unconscious in the presence of anybody, if I don't want to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top