U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,130,564 times
Reputation: 9493

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
They offered me general anesthetic which I refused. They used a minute amount of local anesthetic on each of the four teeth.

I'd want to be awake for any procedure so I could make sure that A- they weren't going to inject an air-bubble into me to covertly kill me B- they don't sodomize me C- they don't leave any surgical tools inside me.

As a general rule I wouldn't have any operation unless an immediate family member was in the room.
Hmmm. And to think that a doctor has a vested interest in killing you on the operating table? That the same doctor, wants to have a malpractice suit against them because they leave a sponge in your abdominal cavity. And sodomizing you while you were knocked out is something that you have endured in the past, and by refusing anaesthesia you believe that "This time, they won't catch me with one eye closed". You are elucidating paranoid delusions you realize this right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 641,408 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Hmmm. And to think that a doctor has a vested interest in killing you on the operating table? That the same doctor, wants to have a malpractice suit against them because they leave a sponge in your abdominal cavity. And sodomizing you while you were knocked out is something that you have endured in the past, and you believe that "This time, they won't catch me with one eye closed". You are elucidating paranoid delusions you realize this right?

If the CIA tells the doctor to carry-out a hit, there won't be any lawsuit because they'll see it gets crushed right away.

We really have no idea of knowing how many people who have died in the care of doctors (about 250,000 per year by the way) were actually going to die anyway, or were killed by the very doctor they trusted their life to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,965,355 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
No, I've never had a problem with alcohol, I just came to realize it wasn't doing anything for me, and while it wasn't ruining my family life, social life, etc, it just wasn't doing anything for me. Why spend money on something that doesn't result in real benefits? I don't need to drink to socialize, do I? Why should socialization have to revolve around alcohol? I don't regard alcohol use as sinful, I just don't see any point to it. At best it is a temporary distraction.

You spend money on beer, drink a few cans, get an interesting feeling for an hour or two, it slows down your cardio workout the next day, saps you of energy you might use for sparring and other exercise, and then it packs on extra pounds. Why bother drinking to begin with?

I'm aiming to move fast and it was slowing me down. If you're going to be serious about exercise and fitness, you have to reduce your alcohol intake to zero. Alcohol and tobacco are probably the two worst things you can put into your body if you're serious about physical fitness... Note, I meant the two worst LEGAL substances. I'm sure you could find worse things, but they're not legal.
I'm having a hard time picturing your reality.. sure if you're a professional athlete I can see eliminating those things from your life altogether but if you're the average Joe who is healthy and works out, etc. doing either sparingly has no impact on your life.. imo. I think for you to say that anyone who does either is a loser.. is extreme. A lot of your statements sound very extreme to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
 
Location: John & Ken-ville
13,692 posts, read 15,130,564 times
Reputation: 9493
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
If the CIA tells the doctor to carry-out a hit, there won't be any lawsuit because they'll see it gets crushed right away.

We really have no idea of knowing how many people who have died in the care of doctors (about 250,000 per year by the way) were actually going to die anyway, or were killed by the very doctor they trusted their life to.
So now it's the CIA out to get you.

Call the X-Files!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,965,355 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
If the CIA tells the doctor to carry-out a hit, there won't be any lawsuit because they'll see it gets crushed right away.

We really have no idea of knowing how many people who have died in the care of doctors (about 250,000 per year by the way) were actually going to die anyway, or were killed by the very doctor they trusted their life to.
Whatever!!

I'm done with you.. you're either a freak or you're full of ****.. later gater!

Have a good one :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 641,408 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So now it's the CIA out to get you.

Call the X-Files!

It's well-documented that about 250,000 people per year die in the USA due to medical malpractice, well what they call medical malpractice. If doctors are so smart and technology is so great, why does this happen? Obviously some of them are being killed.

I don't know if the CIA is out to get me, I don't believe so, but then again, I don't believe they would announce it a month in advance if they were going to do something.

Why take the chance? Do you have some response of sexual arousal when it comes to dealing with general anesthetics?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,847,661 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
It's well-documented that about 250,000 people per year die in the USA due to medical malpractice, well what they call medical malpractice. If doctors are so smart and technology is so great, why does this happen? Obviously some of them are being killed.

I don't know if the CIA is out to get me, I don't believe so, but then again, I don't believe they would announce it a month in advance if they were going to do something.

Why take the chance? Do you have some response of sexual arousal when it comes to dealing with general anesthetics?
WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING INTO THIS THREAD?

You clearly have nothing relevant to bring to the conversation, so what's your purpose here? And why should we believe anything you say when you claim that you're somehow able to be on an opiate and still have full control when you think that there's no way someone can be on pot and have control?

If the Governator terminates the Pot bill, I will have lost all respect I had for him as a (mediocre) politician. When you are facing a financial crisis, there's no excuse for continuing to spend so much money making something illegal when it's safer than legal products and is desired by millions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
 
Location: Ohio
1,008 posts, read 641,408 times
Reputation: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING INTO THIS THREAD?

You clearly have nothing relevant to bring to the conversation, so what's your purpose here? And why should we believe anything you say when you claim that you're somehow able to be on an opiate and still have full control when you think that there's no way someone can be on pot and have control?

If the Governator terminates the Pot bill, I will have lost all respect I had for him as a (mediocre) politician. When you are facing a financial crisis, there's no excuse for continuing to spend so much money making something illegal when it's safer than legal products and is desired by millions.

There is a certain dose of opiate that provides relief from pain, the primary purpose of an opiate, particularly in such a dose, is to relieve pain. The primary purpose of marijuana is to induce a state of altered consciousness due to the THC. Although again, I have no personal experience with marijuana, having never used it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
 
3,911 posts, read 4,737,869 times
Reputation: 1822
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING INTO THIS THREAD?
2nd that. I started another whole freakin thread because of it. gotdayum nOOb!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Although again, I have no personal experience with marijuana, having never used it.
That is extremely obvious, please go away from this thread and never come back. You have no personal experience which means you have very, very limited knowledge on the subject we are trying to debate here.

Seen these yet?? I suggest you read them. http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

"Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics."

Last edited by nevergoingback; 03-05-2009 at 08:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Pensacola, Fl
656 posts, read 952,358 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I'm sure you could find worse things, but they're not legal.
WRONG.

Look to the pharmaceuticals and you can find things that are a whole lot worse than tabacco and alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top