U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-14-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,082,015 times
Reputation: 2007

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I hear the Amish know how to throw a rave!
Lol, that's a funny image. A bunch of Amish people dropping ecstasy. Feeling the love. Having intimate (as in talking, not "that") moments with their farm animals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-14-2009, 12:32 PM
 
239 posts, read 309,206 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
so they are not falling down enough now, so stone them. what --americans are so good they need a handicap. we are sinking to the bottom of the pool buddy ---wrong time to get stoned middle of the tete offensive.
Are you high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 12:37 PM
 
3,088 posts, read 7,637,166 times
Reputation: 2024
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungame View Post
Are you high?
he was commenting about the video..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post


YouTube - Drew Carey on DEA Raids & Medical Marijuana Use by Minors

I am pissed after watching that. I am glad it is finally over with but the raids never should have happened to begin with. It's a state issue! I don't get why California even has to go to the high ups to get it legal.
or maybe he was high
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Nowhere
9,761 posts, read 2,964,288 times
Reputation: 2162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Count me in too. Then afterwards, we can go find an underground rave out in the middle of nowhere. Those are the best ones really.
lmao.. sounds great but I think my raving days are over pal.. too many looong nights/days/nights/days.. wait what are we talking about again?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
 
Location: mid wyoming
1,985 posts, read 5,865,718 times
Reputation: 1815
YES, because the government would have a very hard time collecting taxes on it. Everyone would grow it. THAT is the reason it's not legal now.
As for medical reasons. The big drug companies don't want it legal. It would replace alot of their high dollar drugs we are forced to buy now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 PM
 
Location: California
598 posts, read 1,833,583 times
Reputation: 445
Obv, didn't read the whole thread but basically....

Because I don't feel like driving on the road with a bunch of people who are high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-15-2009, 10:18 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,165 posts, read 8,082,015 times
Reputation: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Obv, didn't read the whole thread but basically....

Because I don't feel like driving on the road with a bunch of people who are high.
People drive drunk all the time. Are you calling for legalization of alcohol too?

You have no argument here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Columbus, OH
857 posts, read 1,229,211 times
Reputation: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
People drive drunk all the time. Are you calling for legalization of alcohol too?

You have no argument here.
Hey if they did not want us to drive drunk bars would not have parking lots
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
 
Location: San Diego
2,518 posts, read 1,846,448 times
Reputation: 1298
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post
Obv, didn't read the whole thread but basically....

Because I don't feel like driving on the road with a bunch of people who are high.
What does legality have to do with people being high on the road? Plenty of people drive high now (every pothead I know with a car) and it's illegal, so I fail to see your point on why legalization would lead to any more.

People who are high have much more control over themselves than do drunks, and someone who is too high to drive is not going to get behind the wheel, unlike a drunk who has to be beaten up to keep him from driving plastered.

The arguments that people have against pot legalization are so poorly thought out, it's amazing how so many people are so unable to grasp simple logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2009, 08:27 PM
 
3,088 posts, read 7,637,166 times
Reputation: 2024
can someone explain if it is a state issue why the feds are telling Cali they cannot legalize?


YouTube - Maybe Marijuana Should Be Legalized & Regulated" Congresswoman Sanchez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top