Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 01:48 PM

1,008 posts, read 870,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chick View Post
ahh yes...lol I call it criminal college.

We need to pick an uninhabited island with a one way ticket. See ya.

They go into prison with a basic diploma in petty theft and they graduate with a PhD in rape, robbery, home invasion, gang-banging, and meth production. Not to mention they also have criminal connections/contacts that they can tap when they need to put together a "crew" for a "job."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:28 PM

423 posts, read 1,530,383 times
OK time to unsubscribe for this piece of crap thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,341,386 times
You can thank "OhioUberAlles" for turning this from legalization of marijuana to a rally against taxes, government and support for slavery, execution and exile.

It'll come back at some point when someone has an opinion about what this thread is actually about...but until then, thank "OhioUberAlles" for their wonderful contributions to this debate.

Another reason it should be legalized?
How about ending these debates on legalization and just doing it already?

Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post

Another reason it should be legalized?
How about ending these debates on legalization and just doing it already?

That's the sort of logic that results in stimulus after stimulus.

"Let's just approve some stimulus package and get the debate over with already."

While drug use should be legalized, you need a better argument than, "let's just get it done with already."

Old 02-11-2009, 03:49 PM

932 posts, read 1,674,431 times
I rather smoke than drink anyday.

Drinking is worst by far.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:21 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,587,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
That's the sort of logic that results in stimulus after stimulus.

"Let's just approve some stimulus package and get the debate over with already."

While drug use should be legalized, you need a better argument than, "let's just get it done with already."

I think he has already come up with at least 20 arguments.

I haven't heard ONE good reason from you regarding why pot should/shouldn't be legalized (the OP). Just admit it, you don't think it ought to be.

Thread Killa!!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I think he has already come up with at least 20 arguments.

I haven't heard ONE good reason from you regarding why pot should/shouldn't be legalized (the OP). Just admit it, you don't think it ought to be.

Thread Killa!!
I believe drugs are for losers but if people want to decide to be losers, that is their business. I don't have to admit anything because I don't believe drugs should be illegal. There should be harsh consequences for those who are under the influence and hurt others. However, when people who advocate the legalization of weed, begin talking about how easy it is to drive under the influence of weed, it makes it clear they don't believe in real consequences for those who hurt others while using weed as they don't believe that such things will happen.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 PM

I've been following this thread and did a search, it came up with nothing.
I must have missed the thread where someone said DUI of pot is OK and easy.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
I've been following this thread and did a search, it came up with nothing.
I must have missed the thread where someone said DUI of pot is OK and easy.

The people who repeatedly say that it is safe to drive while using pot, that pot is nothing like alcohol in regards to impacting/impairing driving ability, how in their experience pot leaves them able to function, work, operate machinery/vehicles/etc. The direct implication is that it is okay to drive under the influence of marijuana.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
The people who repeatedly say that it is safe to drive while using pot, that pot is nothing like alcohol in regards to impacting/impairing driving ability, how in their experience pot leaves them able to function, work, operate machinery/vehicles/etc. The direct implication is that it is okay to drive under the influence of marijuana.

OK, who are "these" people. I'm not really hearing that kind of stuff on this thread.

I've looked at all of your posts on this thread and you have not once replied to anyone that said anything that you've stated above, because no one has said it! I'm calling BS on you. You are just making stuff up about what you think has been discussed in this thread, which btw, was created at least 2 months before you even joined C-D. I suggest you read from page one and join the debate. Freakin' nOObs. If I had realized that earlier, I wouldn't have wasted my time with you.

There are alot of well thought out posts for the decrimilization of pot.

The posts for keeping it illegal, not any good arguments yet, I'm still waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates