Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 02:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
It's against the law to do so.
Then how do drug companies run tests? The drugs are illegal for everyone else to use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Then how do drug companies run tests? The drugs are illegal for everyone else to use.
Because THC has been classified a schedule I drug by our govt. No testing allowed (inside the U.S)

Controlled Substances Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DEA, Drug Scheduling (http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/pubs/scheduling.html - broken link)

Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM

613 posts, read 1,270,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
The government could begin testing with a group of people to develop some means of determing level of intoxication by marijuana for DWI purposes and it could always legalize marijuana for that group only during the testing phase.
A british tv show attempted to. Search "stoned while driving" on YouTube.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:28 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,347,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
Again, more people than you'd think do not become lethargic will high (I actually had a friend that aced several test when he would smoke); that is a stereotype perpetuated from the times of Reefer Madness.
True, the basketball courts in Pacific Beach (San Diego) and Ocean Beach are always being used by people who either just smoked weed or who are about to. In fact, I know a lot of people who prefer to smoke before they play some kind of sport because it helps them focus.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:55 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
I guess Obama has a reason not to legalize it, he was asked if legalizing would help the economy and he said no It wouldn't and laughed at the idea.

Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I guess Obama has a reason not to legalize it, he was asked if legalizing would help the economy and he said no It wouldn't and laughed at the idea.
Obama? You mean the guy that could have used the stimulus money to give every single adult citizen in America 100k instead wastes it and gives it to a bunch of ass hat corperations? That douche? All I care about is he is leaving it up the states which he is doing so anything else he says is a moot point.

5 more days for California

Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Obama? You mean the guy that could have used the stimulus money to give every single adult citizen in America 100k instead wastes it and gives it to a bunch of ass hat corperations? That douche? All I care about is he is leaving it up the states which he is doing so anything else he says is a moot point.

5 more days for California
5 more days until what? have I missed something?

Old 03-26-2009, 07:44 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
5 more days until what? have I missed something?
The committee hearing to legalize.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:01 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,033 times
All I am going to say is its good to see Cali getting back to its roots as being the wild liberal hippie state, when they started adding those non smoking laws I was worried it was going to become a boring state like the rest of the union. CA you're still good in my book and once one state goes down this road its only a matter of time b4 the others do to, Colorado/Oregon/Washington I am looking in your direction.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM

657 posts, read 1,599,467 times
My take is that the government can legalize it all they want - in fact, i believe eventually they will - but the ones who will have REAL control over it are the employers of America. most employers who pay higher than entry level minimum wage (and quite a few who do) prohibit the use of marijuana by their employees, and enforce it via drug testing. Might be legal, but employers are well within their rights to continue to prohibit its use by employees, and we'd be pretty powerless against it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates