U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,220,845 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
i cant find any information on tom macclure. that site i was given was crap. but form the pics ive seen hes probably the whitest black man on the world. the fact that he has more "white anscestory" than black doesnt prove your point.

and what percent of blacks vs whites are in the NFL? yet again a cultural thing? when i played football, a team of roughly 40 percent blacks, the 5 biggest kids were white.

yet again, cultural influences affect the NFL and NBA. but if blacks were so strong, why dont they hold strength records. theres no tiptoeing around that one. its a fact.
NFL 70 percent black 30 percent white The NBA 77 percent black 21 percent white .. must i do all the work for you?

 
Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
754 posts, read 888,663 times
Reputation: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
NFL 70 percent black 30 percent white The NBA 77 percent black 21 percent white .. must i do all the work for you?
Don't even argue with him. I'm not sure why this weightlifting thing is proof of anything. It's not like we're talking about something that is sweeping the nation. Very few people weight lift competitively or even follow it as a matter of fact, I don't know anyone who does. If it were popular, then maybe it would deserve consideration but because it has such a small following, the argument proves nothing. Let him have it.
 
Old 10-24-2008, 10:13 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 7,768,232 times
Reputation: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyinLa View Post
Don't even argue with him. I'm not sure why this weightlifting thing is proof of anything. It's not like we're talking about something that is sweeping the nation. Very few people weight lift competitively or even follow it as a matter of fact, I don't know anyone who does. If it were popular, then maybe it would deserve consideration but because it has such a small following, the argument proves nothing. Let him have it.
There are many amateur sports events involving martial arts\ wrestling\ weight lifting\ strength tests\ obstacle courses\ bodybuilding\ fitness\ beauty competitions. Pasadena civic center\ LA convention center\ UCLA, etc hold these 2-day health events w/ good food & professional athlete signing.

Again, considering the overall Black population in LA is 9.6% yet the race clearly dominates in several sports & overall number of athletes.

These are observations that parallel the high number of Black professional athletes in California.
 
Old 10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
 
40,871 posts, read 42,048,261 times
Reputation: 12247
I thnik often it represents aspirations of the individuals. Afterall three mannings were not great quarterbacks by some gene. The great ones always start with a given abitity. But those with the same abillty often fail. Many now days have to start and train ;train ';train to be the best.Just like in football many high school standouts fail to make the college cut,then many college standouts fail to make the professional cut. Often comes down to the individaul more and more as the level increases.You ned to really look at the nuimber of each race that actually trys to make that cut not now many overall their are in the country.Indivdauls athletes don't get enough credit for their achievement really.
 
Old 10-24-2008, 11:22 PM
 
Location: los angeles
5,031 posts, read 7,768,232 times
Reputation: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik often it represents aspirations of the individuals. Afterall three mannings were not great quarterbacks by some gene. The great ones always start with a given abitity. But those with the same abillty often fail. Many now days have to start and train ;train ';train to be the best.Just like in football many high school standouts fail to make the college cut,then many college standouts fail to make the professional cut. Often comes down to the individaul more and more as the level increases.You ned to really look at the nuimber of each race that actually trys to make that cut not now many overall their are in the country.Indivdauls athletes don't get enough credit for their achievement really.
Agree wholeheartedly. Determination is the driving force in athletic performance & in life. The same degree of competitiveness coupled with natural ability is what separates good athletes from great athletes.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 07:13 AM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 734,591 times
Reputation: 168
i dont really care. just sounds like abunch of rascists to me. guess what? hitler thought aryans were the best too. The KKK thinks white are the best. certian groups think asians are super smart as well (based on the number who enter university). however we know this is actually caused by social conditions, by instilling hard work and determination into them. this, more than anything, is what has led to the believe they are "smarter"

ok. since more blacks hold positions in sports by percentage, il admit they are stronger. but since more whites by far hold university positions and are scientists, then its clear they are smarter no?

and my weight lifting example is extremely important, irrelevant of its popularity. Why? because it shows the true potential and strength in brute, measurable force. sports like absketball or football, you can say "oh hes faster than him, but hes stronger than him, but hes...ect. Weight lifting on the other hand tests and measures the true physical potential. so there. and what? whites dominate there?? its unfortunate this has turned rascists, but its clear some blacks have been so convinced by thier superiority, and whites her ***** whipped to accept it.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 07:32 AM
 
Location: Aiken S.C
765 posts, read 1,220,845 times
Reputation: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by leangk View Post
i dont really care. just sounds like abunch of rascists to me. guess what? hitler thought aryans were the best too. The KKK thinks white are the best. certian groups think asians are super smart as well (based on the number who enter university). however we know this is actually caused by social conditions, by instilling hard work and determination into them. this, more than anything, is what has led to the believe they are "smarter"

ok. since more blacks hold positions in sports by percentage, il admit they are stronger. but since more whites by far hold university positions and are scientists, then its clear they are smarter no?

and my weight lifting example is extremely important, irrelevant of its popularity. Why? because it shows the true potential and strength in brute, measurable force. sports like absketball or football, you can say "oh hes faster than him, but hes stronger than him, but hes...ect. Weight lifting on the other hand tests and measures the true physical potential. so there. and what? whites dominate there?? its unfortunate this has turned rascists, but its clear some blacks have been so convinced by thier superiority, and whites her ***** whipped to accept it.
LMAO tell that to a lineman or running back after 4 quaters of football..
 
Old 10-25-2008, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 734,591 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
LMAO tell that to a lineman or running back after 4 quaters of football..
tell that to neil armstrong. tell that to every single weight lifting record holder who is white.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 01:36 PM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 734,591 times
Reputation: 168
did you know in the 1930's that people thought basketball was a jewish sport? why? because the origional New York Celtics, Nat holman was jewish as were four of the starters among St. John's famed ''wonder five,'' who ruled college basketball in the late 20's. people at the time believes jews had a "genetic edge" with greater speed ect. 9as well as the other negative rascist slurs to go along with it like greedy, tricky ect.)

but then suddenly, jews left the basketball scene... why?? did they all of a sudden become "unsuperhman"? no.

the reason is that basketball has for awhile been an "innercity game". and NEw york and philidelphia at the time had tonnes of jewish immigrants, where many of the youths saw it as a ticket out of the ghetto and poor areas.

in the 40's these jews soon became to be replaced by blacks, from agricultural south.
 
Old 10-25-2008, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Ottawa, Canada
609 posts, read 734,591 times
Reputation: 168
look ill asnwer all your questions with one quick, very offensive answer

Why are asians better at math? Why are Pakistanis better at physics? Why are white better fathers? Why are black better at going to jail?

the point is does the fact that we have a higher percent of dads who are good and white (lets say black athletes in the NFL) does that mean that all are better than blacks??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top