U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-15-2008, 11:44 AM
 
44,670 posts, read 43,186,116 times
Reputation: 14418

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'm confused... You can't have meant this... the FIRST murder was committed with a GUN? Not a sharp stick? You mean the first murder of 2008? In Los Angeles?

I don't get it....
Sorry. I was typing to fast. What I meant to say is that the first murder was committed with a rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2008, 08:05 PM
 
820 posts, read 1,058,580 times
Reputation: 138
This program is still alive and well.

www.odcmp.com

Click on sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 12:47 PM
 
44,670 posts, read 43,186,116 times
Reputation: 14418
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
This program is still alive and well.

www.odcmp.com

Click on sales.
I want to go there someday and train in gun safety and responsibility. My stance is don't take away gun rights from respinsible law abiding people. If you are responsible, I have no problem with you owning a firearm. I don't own one because I don't have the money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,075,019 times
Reputation: 3717
Default I've got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I have no problem with you owning a firearm. I don't own one because I don't have the money.
Perhaps you could suggest to Mr. Obama a "gun re-distribution" equalization program. Take one of mine, for example! For you, buddy, perhaps I'd happily comply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,327,596 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Perhaps you could suggest to Mr. Obama a "gun re-distribution" equalization program. Take one of mine, for example! For you, buddy, perhaps I'd happily comply.

Thats a reason we need to keep limiting people to one or 2 guns from becoming law, or allow registration. Its a simple thing for a few people to arm a neighborhood if the need arises when they have several arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 PM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,075,019 times
Reputation: 3717
Default "What was that? What did he say? Turn up the mic gain, Fritz!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Thats a reason we need to keep limiting people to one or 2 guns from becoming law, or allow registration. Its a simple thing for a few people to arm a neighborhood if the need arises when they have several arms.


Shhhhhh!! They're listening! Always listening......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM
 
Location: 80904 West siiiiiide!
2,867 posts, read 7,104,419 times
Reputation: 1544
Yes, watch what you say. That damn patriot act is logging everything we type.

Have you seen the second War Games movie? It portrays that exact scenario. An intelligent super computer that automatically scours the internet for possible terrorist or anti-government activity, then automatically launches attack missile strikes.

it eventually can't tell the difference and starts targeting innocent americans.

Here's a link to it. Decent movie, the original W.O.P.R. computer makes a comeback.

http://watch-movies.net/s/war_games_the_dead_code.html (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Pensacola, Fl
656 posts, read 952,518 times
Reputation: 373
I believe that every American has the right to own a gun if they so choose, I just don't see the reason to own an AK-47 M4 or some other type of assualt rifle. You can shoot deer with just your basic shotgun and it seems like a bit of overkill to me to fill someone with thirty holes upon entering your house when a handgun would easily disable them. I think that the use of heavy artillery and assualt rifles should be restricted to military use; where do you think these guns end up? In the hoods and in the hands of the mafiosos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:28 PM
 
44,670 posts, read 43,186,116 times
Reputation: 14418
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
I believe that every American has the right to own a gun if they so choose, I just don't see the reason to own an AK-47 M4 or some other type of assualt rifle. You can shoot deer with just your basic shotgun and it seems like a bit of overkill to me to fill someone with thirty holes upon entering your house when a handgun would easily disable them. I think that the use of heavy artillery and assualt rifles should be restricted to military use; where do you think these guns end up? In the hoods and in the hands of the mafiosos.
Assault rifles in the hands of criminals were never a big problem until the mafiosos got them. The same mafiosos and hoods could also use regular hand guns. It isn't always what type of weapon(or type of gun) one has, but the person. The same person could kill someone with a rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM
 
472 posts, read 628,307 times
Reputation: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
I believe that every American has the right to own a gun if they so choose, I just don't see the reason to own an AK-47 M4 or some other type of assualt rifle. You can shoot deer with just your basic shotgun and it seems like a bit of overkill to me to fill someone with thirty holes upon entering your house when a handgun would easily disable them. I think that the use of heavy artillery and assualt rifles should be restricted to military use; where do you think these guns end up? In the hoods and in the hands of the mafiosos.
Does this mean that I have the right to own a gun of my choice, as long as kb09 approves of my choice? Can kb09 accucately describe an "assualt rifle"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top