U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-25-2008, 07:10 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Reputation: 2558

Advertisements

He dont get my heart pounding, just my head shaking.

Lifes to short. Have a great Christmass. I am.

I won a Marlin 336 action in an auction last week on another forum I participate in. I been rebuilding them a couple years now. Anyway there was a 444 barrel & mag tube auctioned off at the same time. I put in a bid & then let it go as I have a barrel to use. Mines a 30/30 barrel I intend to get bored out to .375 Winchester. Then yesterday my sister knocks on my door & hands me a 2 foot cardboard box from UPS with my name on it. Turns out the guys over there got together, won that 444 barrel & gave it to me for Christmas. Not just the barrel either but also rear sight, front sight & ramp, bolt, mag tube & hardware. All I really need now is a lever, trigger & a few screws. Wood too but thats the fun part for me. I'll get it all running & then off to a real smith to instal the barrel & do any metal finishing.

Life is great! Screw the socialists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2008, 05:15 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 14,516,394 times
Reputation: 1573
Originally Posted by Rathagos
Quote:
Hmmm.... came to this thread to see what people had to say about gun rights, and all I see are two people going at each other, and not even about the OP topic.
That is because Greatday has made it his personal mission to 'dog me' because I disagree with him (read: for not being a fan of Americanism).


Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
They must be if the law permits them to do things you cant.
LoL a civialian cannot legally pronounce another person dead, unless he is a doctor or has a medical degree.
So in The Netherlands civilians shooting other people is just as illegal as a civilian with no medical degree officially pronouncing another person as being dead.

Quote:
Another lie. This has NOTHING to do with the thread.
Maybe your not bright enough to understand that a spoken, written or typed untruth is a lie.
I guess you have the experience of not being bright.

Quote:
The UN is about as useless & ineffectual as the Netherlands.
Thats an unassailable truth.
And here is the proof.


Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte
Quote:
I never said you were a liar.
Neither did I, I just asked you a question.
If I'm not mistaken every newspaper has to report the news objectively, so the facts they print have to be true.
Whether you call a newspaper 'biased' for reporting facts you don't agree with is just your personal opinion and not a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 AM
 
Location: Somewhere out there
9,616 posts, read 11,062,995 times
Reputation: 3717
Default "Phuutttphhhh"

Wait...

I think I heard a "phart" in the wind...

Nahh.

Happy holidays!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 09:57 AM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
a civialian cannot legally pronounce another person dead, unless he is a doctor or has a medical degree.
So in The Netherlands civilians shooting other people is just as illegal as a civilian with no medical degree officially pronouncing another person as being dead.
Wow!
How long to you lock people up for faking to be medical examiners? What a repressive society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 11:14 AM
 
Location: Northglenn, Colorado
3,689 posts, read 9,251,619 times
Reputation: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Rathagos That is because Greatday has made it his personal mission to 'dog me' because I disagree with him (read: for not being a fan of Americanism).


Originally Posted by Tin Knocker LoL a civialian cannot legally pronounce another person dead, unless he is a doctor or has a medical degree.
So in The Netherlands civilians shooting other people is just as illegal as a civilian with no medical degree officially pronouncing another person as being dead.

I guess you have the experience of not being bright.

And here is the proof.


Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte Neither did I, I just asked you a question.
If I'm not mistaken every newspaper has to report the news objectively, so the facts they print have to be true.
Whether you call a newspaper 'biased' for reporting facts you don't agree with is just your personal opinion and not a fact
.
well. our first amendment protects news companies from reprisal or action by our government, they can report whatever they want. Which is why they are quickly loosing readership. Biased defiantly, untruthful defiantly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2008, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
If someone is protecting oneself, as of a result shoots, and kills someone, it is not illegal in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 03:57 PM
 
Location: In a house
5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Reputation: 2558
Quote:
I guess you have the experience of not being bright.

Quote:
The UN is about as useless & ineffectual as the Netherlands.
Thats an unassailable truth.
And here is the proof.
Proof of what? The proof of my statement is obvious.

If you think its not then maybe you care to explain why its also a fact that neither your country or the UN would exist as we know them today without the US?
Your country would be a part of Nazi Germany & the UN never would have happened.

Your country was important 4 hundred years ago, sadly people like you ruined it to the point its simply a European third world country in the 21st century. Congratulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Reputation: 4893
The UN is useless

The UN wants to eliminate private ownership of firearms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker I'm sure they prefer living in a war zone where everyone is a potential killer armed with a gun.

So?
Neither are they here in The Netherlands, they still aren't above the law.
I gather that Americans simply won’t feel American without their guns?
I guess you wouldn't understand since you're an American and Americans generally are convinced that they know better than the rest of world; especially in this forum and the political forum where the topic quickly is reduced to 'irrational' Americanism vs un-American thinking.


better to be american and be armed, than to be disarmed and be like a european.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2008, 06:19 PM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Reputation: 5210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday The point is that only allowing legal law enforcement to carry guns would increase everyone's safety, while giving everyone the right to carry guns only increases the individual's but decreases that of everyone else in the gun's reach; especially when the gun owners aren't required to have basic training and about anyone can buy a gun regardless of their medical history.

Are you calling the NY-Times a liar?
Or every other source I've quoted?
Your problem Greatday is that regardless of the facts you call everyone who disagrees with you a liar.

the NY times is a liberal mothpiece and a bad source to quote about anything concerning firearms.

why not choose a firearms organization like the JFPO or GOA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top