U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2009, 11:40 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,831,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by stycotl In my past experiences with Greatday I've learned a great deal about how Greatday's mind works.

Of course immigration is a 'problem', the influx of more people is always a problem (especially when they come from another culture) but trying to connect it to crime is a whole other matter.
This reeks of populist and / or racist thinking where people want easy and direct solutions to very complex problems that may take generations to solve.
ok, so to clarify, greatday is connecting illegal immigration to a rise in crime. just about anyone knows that the two correlate. yes, illegal immigration–not importing whether from mexico, canada, china, or even holland–contributes to a rise in crime.

you disagree, obviously, but i would dare bet that more evidence points in the direction of his argument, and i would also dare bet that the majority of public opinions are also on his side. so, his belief hardly puts him in la-la land, and it does not at all justify your straw man argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Yes well didn't your government made deals with these drug cartels during the cold war?
No.

Quote:
What about the Irish Mob or the Italian mob and all the other gangs (like in the movie Gangs of NY).
Clearly, you watch to many movies

Quote:
It is a proven fact that you ignore lotsa tiny details in your American history.
No - you make up your version of American History - you fantasize.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:48 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,516,394 times
Originally Posted by stycotl
Quote:
you disagree, obviously, but i would dare bet that more evidence points in the direction of his argument, and i would also dare bet that the majority of public opinions are also on his side. so, his belief hardly puts him in la-la land
LoL, whether a 1000 people agree with a statement or not is irrelevant because it doesn't make it more or less true, which makes public opinion irrelevant.

Greatday's problem simply is that he can't stand people who disagree with him.
Whenever this happens he wants them off the board.
I guess it goes the same with his feelings about immigrants in America who disagree with him (whether they're legal or illegal).

Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
The above is a false statement (Lie)
Quote:

Quote:
I guess it goes the same with his feelings about immigrants in America who disagree with him (whether they're legal or illegal).

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM

2,631 posts, read 4,831,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl LoL, whether a 1000 people agree with a statement or not is irrelevant because it doesn't make it more or less true, which makes public opinion irrelevant.

did you miss the part about the fact that it is pretty much common knowledge, or are you just ignoring the bits and pieces that don't fit with your theory of reality again?

granted, it is still disputed whether the increases in crime are actually caused by illegal immigration, or other factors. it is a debate, with scholars and experts on both sides arguing and researching.

one of the reports that i have been reading seems to say that property crimes diminish in areas of high illegal immigration (which is not what i'd have expected, but i'm still malleable in my opinions on the subject), while violent crimes increase. lemme see if i can find it...
www.ccis-ucsd.org/PUBLICATIONS/wrkg131.pdf (broken link)

but there are other studies that reject these findings. what does this mean? that it is still undecided whether the increase is illegal immigration-related, or not. but the fact is that illegals committing crimes is a huge problem, whether or not it has caused an actual increase or not. drug, murder, rape, robbery, etc have all been attributed to illegal immigrants, whether or not you like it.

then you waltz in proclaim that greatday (and we'll assume anyone else that agrees with him) is living in la-la land for agreeing with the side of the debate that you don't side with.

sounds more like you have a problem with people that don't agree with you.

either way, his post had to do with your continued attacks on the supposed warzone that is america (which is still apparently not as bad as holland for comparitive populations).

aaron out.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:55 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl LoL, whether a 1000 people agree with a statement or not is irrelevant because it doesn't make it more or less true, which makes public opinion irrelevant.
Spoken like a true ignoramus. If public opinion is meaningless & irellevant than why allow it to decide the limits of your oppresion?

Quote:
No its not, he gets frustrated when people are too foolish to recognize they are wrong.

Quote:

I havent heard him say anything about immigrants other than illegal ones.
Maybe in your country criminals are permitted to lobby the gov't to legalize their crime. In civilized countries thats not accepted.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:13 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,516,394 times
Originally Posted by stycotl
Quote:
did you miss the part about the fact that it is pretty much common knowledge, or are you just ignoring the bits and pieces that don't fit with your theory of reality again?
To the German masses (before and during WWII) it was common knowledge that the Jews are an inferior life form.
Common knowledge and the quantity of people say nothing about the quality of a statement.

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
Spoken like a true ignoramus.
It takes 1 to know 1, right?

Old 01-11-2009, 11:26 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,251,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotlTo the German masses (before and during WWII) it was common knowledge that the Jews are an inferior life form.
Common knowledge and the quantity of people say nothing about the quality of a statement.

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker It takes 1 to know 1, right?
The Nazi party also banned all forms of personal weapons beginning in 1936, by 1939 the Nazi party changed the face of the earth by whipping millions of Jews, Homosexuals, and Gipsy's off the face of the earth, and started one of the largest wars the world has ever seen.

In order to control a population you must first disarm it.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker It takes 1 to know 1, right?
I'm rubber you're glue........ I keep forgetting the level of your mentality.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:45 PM

898 posts, read 1,194,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
The Nazi party also banned all forms of personal weapons beginning in 1936, by 1939 the Nazi party changed the face of the earth by whipping millions of Jews, Homosexuals, and Gipsy's off the face of the earth, and started one of the largest wars the world has ever seen.

In order to control a population you must first disarm it.
Absolutely. Many a free people has been enslaved by deceiving them into thinking they cannot trust themselves with weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates