U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 09:42 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by stycotl LoL, whether a 1000 people agree with a statement or not is irrelevant because it doesn't make it more or less true, which makes public opinion irrelevant.

Greatday's problem simply is that he can't stand people who disagree with him.
Whenever this happens he wants them off the board.
I guess it goes the same with his feelings about immigrants in America who disagree with him (whether they're legal or illegal).

greatday does not mind having people disagree with him, he just does not like people who make history up at the drop of a hat.

also, immigrants who are here in the USA illegally are not immigants at all, they are criminals and should be deported back to their own country, or shipped to johnson island in the pacific ocean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 10:00 PM

472 posts, read 627,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
also, immigrants who are here in the USA illegally are not immigants at all, they are criminals and should be deported back to their own country, or shipped to johnson island in the pacific ocean.
Or Holland

Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,518,646 times
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching
Quote:
greatday does not mind having people disagree with him, he just does not like people who make history up at the drop of a hat.
Ah-huh, right. Tell that to Greatday, according to him everyone can speak his own mind in the US of A and yet he is trying awfully hard to remove me from the CD board because I don't agree with him.
He is acting against his own belief.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:46 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,321,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching Ah-huh, right. Tell that to Greatday, according to him everyone can speak his own mind in the US of A and yet he is trying awfully hard to remove me from the CD board because I don't agree with him.
He is acting against his own belief.
No,
I'd say its more due to the frustration of debating a topic thats VERY important to him with a person who simply wants to dissagree, who cannot provide any documentation supporting his claims, has no interest in the subject, has no idea of why it even matters & only seems to participate in order to cast insults at those of us who value freedom, liberty & civil rights.

You argue to argue, most argue to learn. I'v learned that people living in an oppresive country often dont realize their oppresion until its pointed out & then they become vindictive when they realize that its true.
At that point, instead of lobbying for freedom in their own country they rant on about how too much freedom is the cause of our troubles.

Maybe it is, but thats not even your buisness. Maybe hashish is legal in your country because your leaders know if they let you get stoned you'll be a happy subject. But thats not my buisness.

You can keep your bongs & I'll keep my guns. I can compromise.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
No,
I'd say its more due to the frustration of debating a topic thats VERY important to him with a person who simply wants to dissagree, who cannot provide any documentation supporting his claims, has no interest in the subject, has no idea of why it even matters & only seems to participate in order to cast insults at those of us who value freedom, liberty & civil rights.
In that case he should never had made it personal by coming after me.
In the end he only has himself, cauz I still disagree with him on nearly all accounts (except the death penalty for serial predators).

Old 01-12-2009, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by melinuxfool
Quote:
Absolutely. Many a free people has been enslaved by deceiving them into thinking they cannot trust themselves with weapons.
I am a living weapon.
Besidez, I don't trust anyone with a nuclear weapon, simply because these people often believe that it is the size of their ‘weapon’ that counts (because they have 'da ultimate bomb').

Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Quote:
yet he is trying awfully hard to remove me from the CD board because I don't agree with him.
The above is a totally false statement by TrickyD.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
In that case he should never had made it personal by coming after me.
The above is another totally false statement

Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
The above is another totally false statement
LoL, ahuh, right.
Next you'll be claimin' you never send me any pm's stating that you would 'dog me' or 'make sure that I'll never post on CD again'.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Next you'll be claimin' you never send me any pm's stating that you would 'dog me' or 'make sure that I'll never post on CD again'.
Did I say I would "dog you" about your lies and attempts to twist posts? Yes I did - and will.

Did I say I would make sure you don't post again on CD? I don't have that kind of power. Do I report your totally rude and off topic posts to the moderators? Yes. Have you been suspended? Yes.

And, I will continue to do so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates