Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:20 PM

2,631 posts, read 5,456,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
What part of "qualified" on the 45 is escaping you? That has a specific military meaning.
maybe we should assume you are the liar that some already think you to be, since you apparently didn't know that the military has different levels of qualification, and since you apparently didn't know that when i asked, how often did you train with, carry, and use your weapon? it implied that different branches and different jobs within the military have differing levels of training.

did you not ever get that memo when you were in the navy? that would probably be the fault of your various commanding officers, if they never gave you the training that you required, or even the knowledge that various degrees of training were out there. did they even tell you that there are different badges that you get to wear on your uniform for your varying weapons qualifications? i'd go back and demand those classes if i were you.

teasing aside, you are still transparently dodging and deflecting. just answer the simple questions, rl, and prove to us that you actually have the combat expertise that you have been trying so hard to make us believe. then you can continue with your haughty, superior tones to me and the others, letting us know how much better you are than all of us lowly non-navy-commisioned-peons.

sound like a plan? i can't believe that you are letting me run circles around you this easily. i'd have figured that you would at least put up a fight, and not just sit there and stomp your feet and tell me how fat my mom is.

aaron out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
maybe we should assume you are the liar that some already think you to be, since you apparently didn't know that the military has different levels of qualification, and since you apparently didn't know that when i asked, how often did you train with, carry, and use your weapon? it implied that different branches and different jobs within the military have differing levels of training.

did you not ever get that memo when you were in the navy? that would probably be the fault of your various commanding officers, if they never gave you the training that you required, or even the knowledge that various degrees of training were out there. did they even tell you that there are different badges that you get to wear on your uniform for your varying weapons qualifications? i'd go back and demand those classes if i were you.

teasing aside, you are still transparently dodging and deflecting. just answer the simple questions, rl, and prove to us that you actually have the combat expertise that you have been trying so hard to make us believe. then you can continue with your haughty, superior tones to me and the others, letting us know how much better you are than all of us lowly non-navy-commisioned-peons.

sound like a plan? i can't believe that you are letting me run circles around you this easily. i'd have figured that you would at least put up a fight, and not just sit there and stomp your feet and tell me how fat my mom is.

aaron out.

In all fairness, he might be incapable of logical reasoning & honesty. He does live in DC & agree with their politics. Probubly ought be commited for that alone.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:00 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Asan informational tidbit, my Dad was career Navy, he was a Mustang officer, and he shot for the Fleet rifle and pistol team for six years. Four years out of Subic Bay, where he was the Provost, and two years out of Aberdeen where he was Naval liason for weapons testing on the proving ground there. It has been mentioned that there are different levels of qualification and that is certainly the fact. LMAO Standard quals are pretty easy. He qualified me when I was six years old, in an unofficial capacity of course. One of the perks of being in charge of the range. His two little blue ribbons with the white stripes on them are "Master" rate with rifle and pistol both. He taught me so much. I still have his ribbons, medals and rank proudly on display with the flag we were presented with by the Navy when he passed. I remember the guy in Subic that worked on all his weapons. he was a salty old Master Chief that could pull down a 1911, or an M1 Garand and have it whistling Dixie lickety split. Oh how I remember the smell of the armory. Nitro solvent and gun oil. Yea guys..passing standard qualification on the .45 does not a weapons expert make. I don't think your dealing with Jeff Cooper or Chuck Taylor here. Just a left wing judgmentalist with an ax to grind. Hopefully such views do not permeate to deeply in the US right now. Weneed good people that can handle a weapon out there giving the bad guys something to think about

Old 01-22-2009, 05:58 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Question Guys guys guys!!!

rl, I'm here to save you once again. (Tar-an ta-ran taraaaaahhhn!!! It's The Rifleman! Yeah!)

Could you PLEASE stop for just one post and PLEASE summarize for us all, in, let's say, three normal-length sentences, just what the OP used to be on this thread?

PLEASE?

That would probably help a lot of us apparently brain-dead onlookers understand just what the h$ll point you're trying to make with all of your various posts.

PLEASE? (add "PRETTY" if applicable...)

Last edited by rifleman; 01-22-2009 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-22-2009, 07:18 PM

The last posts have been in reply to an individual who felt his military experience qualified him to decide who should be armed and who should not. In his vast experience with firearms he has come to the conclusion that, basically, firearms need to be taken away from the citizens of this country. That help Rifleman?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The last posts have been in reply to an individual who felt his military experience qualified him to decide who should be armed and who should not. In his vast experience with firearms he has come to the conclusion that, basically, firearms need to be taken away from the citizens of this country. That help Rifleman?
exactly. only now, completely against what he had expected, us peasants have questioned his absolute authority on the matter and have demanded to know his qualifications.

though he is active in other threads, he is strangely silent in this one. perhaps he is taking the time to respectfully formulate a solid response. more likely though, he has ducked out, and is justifying it to himself that we didn't rate an answer, since we obviously don't have the stature to question him.

Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stycotl View Post
exactly. only now, completely against what he had expected, us peasants have questioned his absolute authority on the matter and have demanded to know his qualifications.

though he is active in other threads, he is strangely silent in this one. perhaps he is taking the time to respectfully formulate a solid response. more likely though, he has ducked out, and is justifying it to himself that we didn't rate an answer, since we obviously don't have the stature to question him.
LMAO, I found him rather amusing in a way. It's always fun to see someone try to pull out all the "qualifications" and "experience" and then realize that the folks they are talking to HAVE been there ,done that, and are not impressed. Having been issued a .45 while on duty hardly makes a person an absolute authority on who should or should not be armed, especially on a Constitutional level. Good greif, they "qualify" and issue sidearms to these rentacops! . Now THOSE guys are spooky....

Old 01-23-2009, 06:34 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, I found him rather amusing in a way. It's always fun to see someone try to pull out all the "qualifications" and "experience" and then realize that the folks they are talking to HAVE been there ,done that, and are not impressed. Having been issued a .45 while on duty hardly makes a person an absolute authority on who should or should not be armed, especially on a Constitutional level. Good greif, they "qualify" and issue sidearms to these rentacops! . Now THOSE guys are spooky....
Here I thought he felt that it was his training in tactical nukes that gave him greater insight on firearms & the constitution. Silly me.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Here I thought he felt that it was his training in tactical nukes that gave him greater insight on firearms & the constitution. Silly me.
he did actually imply that. in the same sentence on at least two occasions, he listed his missile expertise along with his small arms expertise as if it meant something in the debate about rifles and handguns. maybe my experience with a blowgun and a slingshot will also qualify.

either way, the point remains that having been issued a sidearm in the military does not give someone the expertise and insight needed in order to advocate or create gun control laws.

aaron out.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Be aware, be alert, be armed. Simple gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates