Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2008, 02:10 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,179,550 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
I suggest this thread has run its course - round and round
Shoot it.
Once in the chest then once in the head to make sure it's dead and stays dead.

I just feel sorry for the American law enforcement who have to pretend as if they are living in a war zone, where everyone could be a potential enemy armed with a gun.
Luckily nobody in The Netherlands would kill a cop for disobeying the speed limit, nor do we have gang bangers ambushing and killing cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 04:06 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,871,013 times
Wink ""Happiness is a Warm Gun, Baby..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Once again, your "thinking" ,(ref' to "Tricky"), is wrong.

As always! The proof abounds.

To your other point: ...in the case of my wife, wearing a holster on top of a $2,000 dress, at a cocktail party, would diminish the fashion she is wearing
Well now, GD, I'm not so sure about that. Some confident women look downright HOT with a sexy little sidearm clipped to their jewel-encrusted belt! Stops the chauvinist comments cold too!

And if Tricky were about, he'd scamper away in abject fear! (You know, because we armed gun-fetish Yanks can't stop ourselves from flying into a killing rage at a moment's notice, and all...). http://img3.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/animated/anim_08.gif (broken link)

Old 12-22-2008, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by rifleman
Quote:
And if Tricky were about, he'd scamper away in abject fear! (You know, because we armed gun-fetish Yanks can't stop ourselves from flying into a killing rage at a moment's notice, and all...).
I guess you know me better than you know yourself.

As for the comment that "Happiness is a Warm Gun, Baby...", it sounds kinda gay.
Not that there is anything wrong with being a homosexual.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 AM

161 posts, read 416,761 times
plus when the govt decides to have martial law'against' its citizens-
who will be able to defend ourselves?
even if another country attacks s?
the usa isnt the way it used to be -
it is changing for the worst.
in fact- america is so becomig a 'one world' place,
that our children wont know the america we once knew growing up.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,372,572 times
Quote:
I just feel sorry for the American law enforcement who have to pretend as if they are living in a war zone, where everyone could be a potential enemy armed with a gun.
Luckily nobody in The Netherlands would kill a cop for disobeying the speed limit, nor do we have gang bangers ambushing and killing cops.
Dont. They dont need your sympathy & most of them support the right of citizens to carry. They know full well they have nothing to fear from good guys, with or without guns.
In America the police are citizens, not some elite special class.
You wouldn't understand, gets back to liberty & freedom again.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
They dont need your sympathy & most of them support the right of citizens to carry.
I'm sure they prefer living in a war zone where everyone is a potential killer armed with a gun.

Quote:
In America the police are citizens, not some elite special class.
So?
Neither are they here in The Netherlands, they still aren't above the law.
I gather that Americans simply won’t feel American without their guns?
I guess you wouldn't understand since you're an American and Americans generally are convinced that they know better than the rest of world; especially in this forum and the political forum where the topic quickly is reduced to 'irrational' Americanism vs un-American thinking.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:47 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,115,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
I gather that Americans simply won’t feel American without their guns?
What you fail to realize and/or acknowledge is, Americans have the RIGHT to possess firearms. BUT, it does not mean that every American has availed themselves of this right.

You continue to post innuendos that try to assert that everyone carries a firearm. Like most of your posts, these assertions are blatantly false.

Why do you continue to post lies TD? Do all people in your country lie as much as you do?

Old 12-22-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
What you fail to realize and/or acknowledge is, Americans have the RIGHT to possess firearms.
The point is that only allowing legal law enforcement to carry guns would increase everyone's safety, while giving everyone the right to carry guns only increases the individual's but decreases that of everyone else in the gun's reach; especially when the gun owners aren't required to have basic training and about anyone can buy a gun regardless of their medical history.

Quote:
Why do you continue to post lies TD?
Are you calling the NY-Times a liar?
Or every other source I've quoted?
Your problem Greatday is that regardless of the facts you call everyone who disagrees with you a liar.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:33 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,092,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Greatday The point is that only allowing legal law enforcement to carry guns would increase everyone's safety, while giving everyone the right to carry guns only increases the individual's but decreases that of everyone else in the gun's reach; especially when the gun owners aren't required to have basic training and about anyone can buy a gun regardless of their medical history.

Are you calling the NY-Times a liar?
Or every other source I've quoted?
Your problem Greatday is that regardless of the facts you call everyone who disagrees with you a liar.
Sometimes newspapers can tell lies, or in some cases be a representation of the political views of a particular city. I don't believe everything in the newspaper.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte
Quote:
Sometimes newspapers can tell lies, or in some cases be a representation of the political views of a particular city. I don't believe everything in the newspaper.
So you too call me a liar because I don't agree with you?
Let me put it in other words: Do you believe that I can only be telling the truth if I agree with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates