U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:36 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,257,954 times

Advertisements

I do not have a problem with Pot, it has medical uses that should desperately be looked at. As far as the harder drugs, absolutely NOT. If so many people want universal health care, this would tax the system into oblivion. Even in our private health care system it would bankrupt the insurance companies, or cause the cost for health care to go up dramatically, in the end causing a world of hurt for responsible people that do not use these drugs. My mom in the past worked in a hospice, I have seen some of these people as they get ready to die, it is NOT pretty nor is it cheap from a money standpoint. These drugs do more than ravage your body, they absolutely and 100% of the time destroy it. The left works so hard to get cigarettes out of the hands of everyone, yet advocates the use of drugs that use common household cleaning chemicals that rot your body from the inside out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 AM

1,555 posts, read 3,640,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLangben View Post
If you didn't read as selectively as you did you would see I also included the strong influence of our government the big corporations have on our laws, such as Big alcohol and tobacco, as well as Pharmaceutical companies, that hate competition.
Illegal drug dealers, growers, "manufacturers", etc. higher up in the hierarchies, at least, also help support those who are against legalization (although obviously, it's usually not transparent support) because legalization would hurt their livelihood by inviting competition and affecting their profit margins.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:54 PM

765 posts, read 1,681,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
Illegal drug dealers, growers, "manufacturers", etc. higher up in the hierarchies, at least, also help support those who are against legalization (although obviously, it's usually not transparent support) because legalization would hurt their livelihood by inviting competition and affecting their profit margins.
proof????

Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
proof????
Do you believe that empirical claims are provable?

Old 11-08-2008, 05:33 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,643,509 times
Quote:
Legalizing drugs is GREAT for America..

you DO realize that this is what happened to this woman and the others you posted regardless of the fact that drugs are illegal? prohibition didnt keep this from happening. you know that, right?

i always thought that pictures such as these, as well as the occasional look into the glamorous lives of junkies serves as a great educational tool in keeping young people off of drugs.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:48 AM

1,949 posts, read 4,643,509 times
Quote:
what about the middle class kids and the kids from"good " familys who are addicts
elvislives, i have noticed a pattern with your opinions on these matters. your entire arguement ignores the fact that all of the negatives of drug abuse occur in spite of them being illegal. your entire logic overlooks the fact that the "war on drugs" is futile.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
your entire arguement ignores the fact that all of the negatives of drug abuse occur in spite of them being illegal.
I'm not sure I'd call copying and pasting--especially not copying and pasting photos, lists of links, etc. an argument.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:45 AM

54 posts, read 80,513 times
Quote:
Argument 1: "But taking drugs is an individual's choice...."

Argument 2: "Legalizing Drugs will Mean Less Government."

Argument 3: "The Drug War isn't Working..We need to try something else."

Argument 4: "Legalizing Drugs Will Reduce Crime.."

Argument 5: "Legalizing Drugs will take the thrill out of Drugs and people won't use them."
Very well done. P

Old 11-08-2008, 06:48 AM

42,280 posts, read 49,833,895 times
If you decriminalize theft and murder, you'll reduce crime, too.

I'm not remotely religious, but I have to deal with the aftermath of poor decisions and drug use every day. It should not be legal. In fact, the punishments for distribution should be much more severe.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:25 AM

765 posts, read 1,681,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tungsten_Udder View Post
I'm not sure I'd call copying and pasting--especially not copying and pasting photos, lists of links, etc. an argument.
LOL thats because you a picture is worth a thousand words and you cannot dispute one single things i have said or shown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates