Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:57 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times

Advertisements

You asked:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/..._more_time.jpg

(no press comments, nor from the NAACP, who, by their mission statement, should have been outraged)

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress..._face-copy.jpg

(again, no comments...)

http://www.gambling911.com/George-Bush-Ape.jpg (broken link)

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag.../18/steve1.jpg

(ditto...ditto...)

but then, (Oh God nooo!)

http://blog.wildrootsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2009-02-18-cartoon1.jpg (broken link)

and what happened???...

Anderson@Large: NAACP Protests NY Post’s Monkey Business

How about this opinion, from The Texas Rainmaker site...

"You want to know why a Republican President will never be able to have an “open dialog” with Democrats or racist groups like the NAACP? It’s because of stuff like this (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-te.naacp20jul20,0,7973768.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines - broken link):
Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Barack Obama of Illinois warned NAACP delegates to be cautious of any civil rights promises Bush offers when speaking to the group today. The senators criticized Republicans for allowing the landmark 1965 voting act to nearly expire and said the Justice Department has failed to aggressively pursue allegations of disenfranchisement.

“Don’t be bamboozled. Don’t buy into it,” Obama said, trying to anticipate Bush’s speech, which is expected to touch upon his support for extending the act.
So after 5 years of the Left clamoring over Bush’s refusal to speak to the racist organization, he finally agrees and what does the Left do? They come out with preemptory comments insinuating a distrust that Bush’s words may not be sincere… that he’s just there to pander. (Though I will credit Democrats for knowing exactly what pandering to minorities looks and feels like… they’ve perfected the act)

They create an environment of distrust before he even speaks.

In fact, after whining for 5 years that the President of the United States isn’t speaking to their racist organization, you’d think it would be worth mentioning on the racist group’s site when he finally does speak to them. But, not surprisingly, there’s not a single mention of the President speaking to their annual racist meeting on their website.

When Democrats call for bipartisanship or “open dialog”, it just simply means do what they want or risk being called a closed-minded, bigoted, racist, puppy killer."

Of course, we now all know it was B. Frank et al, and the NAACP,who openly insisted, during the Clinton Admin, that F. May & F. Mack throw open the doors to minority groups who had no business getting into massive mortgages they could not afford. A huge number of whites also couldn't afford 'em, and guess what? They didn't get them. Hmmm....

But now that it's all come home to roost, the NAACP claims it was racism on the part of the Bush Admin that has caused "all the problems!" How convenient...damn Republicans! (Which, before you light off, I'm surely NOT...).

I call that self-supporting institutionalized racism. Others; maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 AM

727 posts, read 1,891,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Problem is, as long as we happliy institutionalize racism, we'll have it. I again note the obvious (and painful to some, I'll also assume) example of the Vietnamese and Korean immigrants to, say, the LA Basin. Were they discriminated against? You betcha!

Did they need a NAAK/VP? If not, why not? If one depends on an organization, long after it's obvious good work has been completed (and I'm the first to agree that the original intent of the NAACP was valid, but it's outdated now, which was my simple point...), then what can we say about those overly dependant people?

If you think that the black man cannot make it without the NAACP's direct and continuous intervention, then so be it. I'll take my seat and your judgment that I'm the one who should rethink things. But: as long as we insist there's black racism, there will be. Obviously. But Obama proved otherwise, beyond residual instances & situations. And then again, who said it's some magical career cakewalk for any other race? They/we just deal with it.

(PS: my successful professional black friends agree; the time's come. But whaddah they know, eh?)

(And PPS: there's a whole lot of discrimination against white, Anglo-Saxon men and women in the career marketplace now as well, forced on employers by black-racist directives. You can tell me it's not so; I know otherwise. Take your corporate HR mgr to lunch some time and talk...)

(And PPS: you resort too easily to rampant insult. I don't recall insulting anyone here, just providing my personal thoughts about the organisation. But, just "in kind", shut your ignorant pie hole, yah mutt! There! That was too easy! And hardly worth it! At least for me...)

(Oh, and final PPPS: an organization's mission statement as The Holy Grail? Nice rhetoric, but not always adhered to. To wit: download the mission statements of Bear Sterns, Wells Fargo, GM... How nice they read. Meantime, a bunch of undeserving nice white and black guys are laid off.)
You STILL never gave me an example of how Naacp is/was racist. Racism isnt perpetuated....it is what it is!! You would have to walk in the shoes of black people to understand the racism we've dealt with. In a perfect world I would never want racism to plague the world the way it has. You justify racism against blacks by saying that there is racism against whites which makes no sense. You should truly do your homework and understand the definition of racism. And my dim friend,you still never gave an example to prove your argument.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You asked:

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/..._more_time.jpg

(no press comments, nor from the NAACP, who, by their mission statement, should have been outraged)

http://doctorbulldog.files.wordpress..._face-copy.jpg

(again, no comments...)

http://www.gambling911.com/George-Bush-Ape.jpg (broken link)

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-imag.../18/steve1.jpg

(ditto...ditto...)

but then, (Oh God nooo!)

http://blog.wildrootsmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/2009-02-18-cartoon1.jpg (broken link)

and what happened???...

Anderson@Large: NAACP Protests NY Post’s Monkey Business

How about this opinion, from The Texas Rainmaker site...

"You want to know why a Republican President will never be able to have an “open dialog” with Democrats or racist groups like the NAACP? It’s because of stuff like this (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nationworld/bal-te.naacp20jul20,0,7973768.story?coll=bal-nationworld-headlines - broken link):
Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York and Barack Obama of Illinois warned NAACP delegates to be cautious of any civil rights promises Bush offers when speaking to the group today. The senators criticized Republicans for allowing the landmark 1965 voting act to nearly expire and said the Justice Department has failed to aggressively pursue allegations of disenfranchisement.

“Don’t be bamboozled. Don’t buy into it,” Obama said, trying to anticipate Bush’s speech, which is expected to touch upon his support for extending the act.
So after 5 years of the Left clamoring over Bush’s refusal to speak to the racist organization, he finally agrees and what does the Left do? They come out with preemptory comments insinuating a distrust that Bush’s words may not be sincere… that he’s just there to pander. (Though I will credit Democrats for knowing exactly what pandering to minorities looks and feels like… they’ve perfected the act)

They create an environment of distrust before he even speaks.

In fact, after whining for 5 years that the President of the United States isn’t speaking to their racist organization, you’d think it would be worth mentioning on the racist group’s site when he finally does speak to them. But, not surprisingly, there’s not a single mention of the President speaking to their annual racist meeting on their website.

When Democrats call for bipartisanship or “open dialog”, it just simply means do what they want or risk being called a closed-minded, bigoted, racist, puppy killer."

Of course, we now all know it was B. Frank et al, and the NAACP,who openly insisted, during the Clinton Admin, that F. May & F. Mack throw open the doors to minority groups who had no business getting into massive mortgages they could not afford. A huge number of whites also couldn't afford 'em, and guess what? They didn't get them. Hmmm....

But now that it's all come home to roost, the NAACP claims it was racism on the part of the Bush Admin that has caused "all the problems!" How convenient...damn Republicans! (Which, before you light off, I'm surely NOT...).

I call that self-supporting institutionalized racism. Others; maybe not.
Eh.....your a wonderful truth bender but you are aweful at speaking the absolute truth and STILL havent supplied solid evidence that Naacp is "racist". Your whole argument is apples and oranges and holds no bearing of accuracy what so ever.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Read that again. Thier very name is racist . They only want to help Colored People.

While I think in the past they were a good organization with good objectives. Today, and for some tiime now, they have changed dramaticaly.

They ony support Colore People who believe as they do. Have you ever read how they treated, and continue to treat Justice Clarance Thomas? You would think they would be proud of the accomplishments of a fellow Colored person.

Check to see how the treat Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams.

Should they be abolished. No. This is still supposed to be a free society. They have a right to exist. Just as white Country Clubs have a right to exist. This has probably been said before, try to have a white Miss America, or a Caucasion magazine like Ebony or Jet. how about white only colleges? never happen because the NACP wlll protest.

But call the NACP what it is.

You may have noted I used the term Colored People throughout this message. That is to show the hyprocracy of the NAACP. If they don't want white people to call them colored because it hurts thier feelings like the Confederate battle flag, shouldn't they change thier name?

Old 04-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Read that again. Thier very name is racist . They only want to help Colored People.

While I think in the past they were a good organization with good objectives. Today, and for some tiime now, they have changed dramaticaly.

They ony support Colore People who believe as they do. Have you ever read how they treated, and continue to treat Justice Clarance Thomas? You would think they would be proud of the accomplishments of a fellow Colored person.

Check to see how the treat Thomas Sowell or Walter Williams.

Should they be abolished. No. This is still supposed to be a free society. They have a right to exist. Just as white Country Clubs have a right to exist. This has probably been said before, try to have a white Miss America, or a Caucasion magazine like Ebony or Jet. how about white only colleges? never happen because the NACP wlll protest.

But call the NACP what it is.

You may have noted I used the term Colored People throughout this message. That is to show the hyprocracy of the NAACP. If they don't want white people to call them colored because it hurts thier feelings like the Confederate battle flag, shouldn't they change thier name?
But wait arent we all people of color?? White is a color?

Old 04-02-2009, 04:15 PM

All I see in this thread is tons of ignorance and people not making sense. First the NAACP exists for all people and this is clearly not the Klan or the Aryans. White people should understand that they have white privelege. Ofcourse you wont see a White Miss America because the majority of the contestants are WHITE. Ofcourse you wont see a white only tv network or magazine because the majority of network tv you see white people. The majority magazine publications are white owned and cater to white people. There have been all white colleges and there are still secret all white colleges. I don't have the exact link but I recently seen that a white student graduated from a predominately black college. We as black people have lost everything to help build this country. We lost our cultural identity,our last names,our knowledge of who our ancestors are. We didnt volunteer to come over here to be culturally,physically and institutionally raped....oh thats right we didn't volunteer to come over here to build your Amerikkka at all. I could honestly say that I just start being proud of this country since President Obama was elected and thats sad. I spit on the confederate flag for the disgusting and ignorant history it bears. I honestly in my heart of hearts feel that most of yall (YEAH I'M SPEAKING "EBONICS NOW)are scared of what you don't understand and love what you can conquer. Most of you hide behind b.s to throw stones from your little,close minded,arcaic,ignorant boxes. I just call it how I see it!! Peace to my true brothers and sisters of the caucasian persuasion and end rant.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates