Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,354,775 times

Advertisements

had a story on right - wing hate groups, (KKK, skinheads, and a bunch of others that are not "household words") The comentator said that there are always a bunch of "death threats" against the winning candidate, after every election, but that the number of threats this year is, in his words, unprecidented.
Please discuss your views on (organized) hate groups. . . are these ALL right wing groups? Are any of them, that you know of, "liberal"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 03:12 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Biggest hate group I know is the ACLU. They hate lots of thing like Christmas.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,618,945 times
Don't tell me your try'n to lump repub's in w/these groups. Who said any of those groups are "right-wing" and not liberals?

I don't see them as right or left wingers, they are called radicals.

What about the scare tactics of the "left-wing" media?

Just my thought, and I broke the rules as I didn't think about your question much at all.

But I will say, this could get good, and a bit heated....don't you think? Should be great entertainment, as I see it.

Later.....and in 4yrs we'll see just what "you" did in 2008.
Take care, Happy Thanksgiving 1717.
Capt.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:21 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
I don't associate extremist groups with either the left or the right as they do not represent the values of either side.

As to assasination plots, I am certain the Secret Service will take them all seriously and respond accordingly.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:28 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
I don't see them as right or left wingers, they are called radicals.
Same here, they shouldn't be lumped with sane moderate people of the respective continuum....they are outright loonies. Weather they support a cause or idea that was championed by one side or not is irrelevant, anyone who supports the idea of "You agree with me or I &%%@# kill you" has lost it.

They need to be medicated till everything is happy and fuzzy in their world.

Old 11-21-2008, 03:30 PM

1,478 posts, read 5,083,919 times
There was that Eco-freak group out it California, I think, a few years ago. Didn't they vandalize SUVs at dealerships "in defense of mother Earth?"

That's a pretty radical, liberal group, eh? I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there are extremists in both directions of the spectrum.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:14 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
We all hear a lot about how republicans and otherwise right leaners are racist. While it would seem this way (I have yet to meet a liberal racist, not to say they aren't out there, just havent come across one yet) I don't think this is quite the case. I think the connection is simply because more racists just happen to agree more with the right - not that the right necessarily teaches/promotes racism. To specify a little more I think that racists and right wingers have the vague link of what I call John wayne toilet paper - "rough tough and don't take no sh** offa no one" (that and hating liberals ). Not to generalize, but this is the attitude I have commonly come across with most right wingers. I know there are many exceptions but this as close as I can get.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
There was that Eco-freak group out it California, I think, a few years ago. Didn't they vandalize SUVs at dealerships "in defense of mother Earth?"

That's a pretty radical, liberal group, eh? I can't think of any others, but I'm sure there are extremists in both directions of the spectrum.
They vandalized some hummers in NW Arkansas a few years back too. I can't remember the name though. Maybe they should choose a catchier title. There is also the Animal liberation front. ALF, now that is easy to remember.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:06 PM

54 posts, read 93,130 times
Default More left leaning than right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
had a story on right - wing hate groups, (KKK, skinheads, and a bunch of others that are not "household words") The comentator said that there are always a bunch of "death threats" against the winning candidate, after every election, but that the number of threats this year is, in his words, unprecidented.
Please discuss your views on (organized) hate groups. . . are these ALL right wing groups? Are any of them, that you know of, "liberal"?
We don't seem to hear a lot about the violent leftist groups on NPR/PBS! Could that be because their activities are more acceptable?

I don't believe the label of left/right fit as well as "extremist'- it's more about lunacy than politics.
That said, there are a large number more likely to vote on the left.
A Sampling:
1. PETA. They sound rational until you actually read what they believe.
2. ELF. ECO warriors any one?
3. Greenpeace. Lower echelon ECO Warriors.
4. Earthfirst
5. Bash Back!
6. Act Up
And on and on................................

Handy reference site: The Ross Institute Internet Archives for the Study of Destructive Cults, Controversial Groups and Movements

P

Old 11-21-2008, 05:43 PM

765 posts, read 1,911,195 times
I would like to add also some of your more exteme christian churches can be considered hate groups. Just look at the Phelps loons in Kansas..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates