U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM

1,008 posts, read 641,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Great Famine (Ireland) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Human trafficking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Everybody suffers, black and white and everybody has a point in their history where their forefathers suffered. People are still being bought and sold as slaves today but I guess you're not interested in that becase apparently they're not American? It's all about what you suffered and nobody could possibly understand it if they don't have the same skin colour. But you're not racist.

Over a quarter of the population of Ireland was either starved to death or relocated during the Potato Famine. That would be "white" people who weren't even referred to as slaves. But it's fairly obvious that they were, it's also fairly obvious that they were considered second class citizens, EVEN lower than slaves in some cases.

Now I know you'll dismiss it all because I'm white so who cares right? Ultimately though, yes black people suffered because of slavery and racism BUT they weren't the only ones. I don't get some special dispensation from the Irish government allowing me to reclaim my ancestoral lands because the British stole them and starved my family to the point where they had to immigrate just to survive. There's no special scholarships set up by the government I can access in order to learn my native Celtic language which was systemically obliterated from existence. You can laugh at that and dimish it all you like but it happened that way AND I don't spend my life insisting that I get special treatment because of past misdoings. I also don't hold a grudge against the British now for past policy.
I don't think that black people are any better or worse off than me because of the colour of their skin and I don't agree that I'm living some kind of eutopic ideal because I'm white. White doesn't give me a free pass with ANYTHING. I don't spend my days worrying that Blacks might be getting more than me, most people of ANY colour are getting more than me and so be it. I also don't resent them getting opportunities now to make up for past wrongs BUT it's not fair that people of lower socio economic backgrounds of ANY colour aren't also receiving the same opportunities no matter what their racial background.

I'm not trying to dimish or negate or mock what black people have gone through but please at least have the decency to extend the same courtesy to everyone. Your inability to acknowledge anybody else's suffering other than your own is short sighted at best and offensive and sinister at worst.

Holodomor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (2+ million Ukrainians killed by Stalin's NKVD)

Armenian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

South African farm attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,213,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Then what do you call it?
Violence, chaos, etc. I'm not saying the intent doesn't lay with prejudice but as far as racism goes, as we thoughtfully consider it, it holds little water.

Quote:
Psychological warfare has been waged against White people, driving tens of millions out of the major urban areas in this nation. Since 1960 approximately 750,000 Whites have been murdered and at least several million White women have been raped, by Blacks. If that isn't a calculated campaign to ethnically cleanse cities by driving out Whites, then I don't know what is.
It's a consequence of disparity. That will always be the case regardless of skin color.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Violence, chaos, etc. I'm not saying the intent doesn't lay with prejudice but as far as racism goes, as we thoughtfully consider it, it holds little water.

It's a consequence of disparity. That will always be the case regardless of skin color.

Who is we? Are you a monarch? Do you have a frog in your pocket?

Disparity? In what sense? Poor, rural, White, West Virginia isn't a brutally savage and violent place. If you think poverty or poor living conditions have something to do with it, then you've got quite a lot of work to make the case for your side.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 PM

17,414 posts, read 18,294,456 times
Quote:
Over 700,000 Whites have been killed by Blacks since 1960.

Three thousand blacks were lynched from 1870-1970 by Whites.

CRY ME A RIVER
Please source your information.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 PM

10,887 posts, read 9,670,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Do YOU hold the belief that even though you have two teeth in your head, live in a broken down trailer, are jobless, are having sex with your cousin and scrape together enough to have your meth fix every day; but you are still better than a n-----?
Quote:
I have never discriminated against a person because they happened to be poor and White.
??????????? Behold your mirror.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:28 PM

9,912 posts, read 12,191,301 times
Thank you. I knew there was more but figured those were enough for starters.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Please source your information.

Which part do you dispute? Do you dispute that approximately 3,000 blacks were lynched between 1870 and 1970?

As for the part pertaining to the murder of Whites by Blacks, that comes from DOJ Crime Statistics, the FBI Uniform Crime Report, and all of that information is easily and readily obtainable.

It's been a while since I read the data, it seems I was a bit off, the number of Whites killed by Blacks is closer to 500,000... Still a MASSIVE number.

------------------------------------------------

Blacks killed 420692 in US from 1950 to 2000 « Old Atlantic Lighthouse

805,924 is the number of homicides from 1950 to 2000 according to BJS (I had to total it, but they provide a .csv file format that goes into any spreadsheet including free programs.)
Following opens in a browser
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/sheets/totalstab.csv
Can download it and load into a spreadsheet, its already formatted.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/hmrt.htm
52.2% of murderers from 1976 to 2005 were black. Applying that to the 1950 to 2000 period, we get 420,692
as the number of people killed by blacks from 1950 to 2000 in the US.

So from 1865 to present there are under 7000 lynchings. From 1950 to 2000 blacks killed 420,692 people, which dividing by 51 is 8,248.869176, or 8,249 per year. Thus blacks kill more people per year than all the people ever lynched.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:30 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,213,204 times
Quote:
Who is we? Are you a monarch? Do you have a frog in your pocket?
The educated.

Quote:
Disparity? In what sense? Poor, rural, White, West Virginia isn't a brutally savage and violent place. If you think poverty or poor living conditions have something to do with it, then you've got quite a lot of work to make the case for your side.
Well, the fact of the matter is that grave disparity exists between blacks and white is the US. There are simply more blacks living in poverty per capita...higher rates of disease with substandard care, inadequate prenatal care, education, etc. It's certainly not a matter of physiology (obviously), and culture is learned. African Americans, as a people, have been slighted to the nth degree. This fact has to be responsibly contended with. To be clear, I don't think any one has any expectation that the blue-collar among us are the ones that need to contend with these issues, but our leaders (academically and in gov).

Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 PM

575 posts, read 3,427,702 times
White against Black? Are you smokin' crack.... I see more black against white and of course Zionist hatred all whites.... I am so damn sick of it. I look forward to the the future 'shot heard around the world'. Make no mistake, it is coming. Be prepared.

40k white women per year are raped by Negro's, this is current stats.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The educated.

Well, the fact of the matter is that grave disparity exists between blacks and white is the US. There are simply more blacks living in poverty per capita...higher rates of disease with substandard care, inadequate prenatal care, education, etc. It's certainly not a matter of physiology (obviously), and culture is learned. African Americans, as a people, have been slighted to the nth degree. This fact has to be responsibility contended with. To be clear, I don't think any one has any expectation that the blue-collar among are the ones that need to contend with these issues, but our leaders (academically and in gov).

So you don't believe the Irish or the Italians have been subjected to repeated abuses in this nation? They're not trolling around cities, gang-raping women, producing a hip-hop culture of urban decay and death.

In the opening years of the 19th century, the blacks in Haiti rose against the White elites and killed every single White on the island. They even killed the mulattos who they deemed "too White" at which time they established the nation that is the utopia we now know as Haiti. What happened there? How was the "evil white boogey man" keeping the Haitian people down after every last White man, woman, and child, on the island was killed two hundred years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates