U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
 
Location: NE Florida
9,362 posts, read 22,376,125 times
Reputation: 9265

Advertisements

There is no such thing as reverse racism. There is racism. Period. I have been the target of racism from both black and white folks. I am white, but my GD is mixed race, balck and white. Bigotry comes in all colors.

 
Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
 
Location: Glendale
1,243 posts, read 2,356,744 times
Reputation: 843
I sadly, just left a close group of us in a workplace...we were Mexican, Black, Afghanistan, White, Vietnamese and Chinese....we all poked fun at each other about race, ethnicity, family.....we were all best of friends...was that somehow wrong?
 
Old 03-12-2009, 06:12 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
I sadly, just left a close group of us in a workplace...we were Mexican, Black, Afghanistan, White, Vietnamese and Chinese....we all poked fun at each other about race, ethnicity, family.....we were all best of friends...was that somehow wrong?
It would have been wrong if someone had been in a bad mood. Since it sounds like no one WAS...then no, it wasn't wrong.....
 
Old 03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
 
295 posts, read 257,471 times
Reputation: 124
Default No!

n
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
I sadly, just left a close group of us in a workplace...we were Mexican, Black, Afghanistan, White, Vietnamese and Chinese....we all poked fun at each other about race, ethnicity, family.....we were all best of friends...was that somehow wrong?
You can poke fun at any white person regarding skin color, the way we talk"PROPER ENGLISH", etc. just don't talk about our women the way of the rapper, know what I mean?
When did all of this sensitivity about speaking about one anothers race become a big issue?
ANSWER: When the naacp used up all of its resources and had nothing better to do and FAT MOUTH AL SHARPTON became a leader of the black race!
 
Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 PM
 
Location: Portland, Oregon
7,091 posts, read 10,507,503 times
Reputation: 4104
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
n
You can poke fun at any white person regarding skin color, the way we talk"PROPER ENGLISH", etc. just don't talk about our women the way of the rapper, know what I mean?
When did all of this sensitivity about speaking about one anothers race become a big issue?
ANSWER: When the naacp used up all of its resources and had nothing better to do and FAT MOUTH AL SHARPTON became a leader of the black race!
I do have a problem with people who talk like rappers, not for racial reasons, but some people take on the thug persona (it's the only thing I seem to really label it as) and expect people to treat them like decent humans beings. White, black, green, blue...doesn't matter. If people are quick to violent rage, disrespect people around them as a course of conversation, and consider any win as a good win in conflict I have a problem with that. It's almost anarchy to expect that sort of thing to be normal...if it was like that in the office I would have to be on watch all the time that if some one disliked my numbers they would beat the crap out of me for what the system reported.

I love people from different cultures, races...what ever, I sit in rapt attention to their experiences. I think it's fun and exciting to learn about what is happening outside my own world, what is considered normal else where, and mannerisms to learn. Thug lifestyle is not a racial subgroup, it's a violent thought process that was brought to the forefront by media due to popularity.
 
Old 03-19-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
432 posts, read 1,409,345 times
Reputation: 170
I hope you guys realize that if everybody were of the same skin color,there will always be hate. Okay,there would be no racism,lol!
 
Old 03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Dahlonega, Georgia
32 posts, read 67,704 times
Reputation: 51
Default hmmm...

I agree with you on some points... I lived in a almost all-black community at one time, and people did not feel comfortable around me because I am white. It really hurt me at the time, they would say mean things about me only because of my color, and many took no time out at all to even attempt to get to know me, judged me by my color. Many times, people in the community would blame me personally for things gone wrong for them, and say for instance, things like..." You need to go back to your people on the other side of town......White folks like you cant understand..." You know,.. the list goes on. Finally, I got tired of trying to win them over. They bascially just wanted me to apoligize for being white. That is something I cant and wont do.
I got outta there and never looked back.
 
Old 03-20-2009, 06:05 PM
 
515 posts, read 607,006 times
Reputation: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
When they block the road and start pulling people from their cars, to beat them and/or try to kill them, I'd say there are very real consequences.
Well said. Nice to see/hear that some other folk are not into the current PC, way-cool, ultra-hip fashion of White guilt and self loathing.
 
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
 
295 posts, read 257,471 times
Reputation: 124
Default Blacks should be thanking you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooscoosmama View Post
I agree with you on some points... I lived in a almost all-black community at one time, and people did not feel comfortable around me because I am white. It really hurt me at the time, they would say mean things about me only because of my color, and many took no time out at all to even attempt to get to know me, judged me by my color. Many times, people in the community would blame me personally for things gone wrong for them, and say for instance, things like..." You need to go back to your people on the other side of town......White folks like you cant understand..." You know,.. the list goes on. Finally, I got tired of trying to win them over. They bascially just wanted me to apoligize for being white. That is something I cant and wont do.
I got outta there and never looked back.
Very interesting post considering blacks telling you to go back to where you came from, they should go to their knees and thank you for being white and taking them from the impoverished continent of Africa!!!!!
All the things blacks take as a priviledge is because of the Caucasion or Euro-American!
Why would you try to win anyone over? The worst thing you can do is be sympathetic to a race that does not care one iota about you! I am sorry for your experience but I enjoy the post because it exposes the other side of the coin when flipped!
 
Old 03-20-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: NYS
725 posts, read 1,780,168 times
Reputation: 329
Are you serious ?? Blacks should be on their knees ??
Wow !! I guess I have to get on my knees and thank all my white neighbors then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top