U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,465,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
I sadly, just left a close group of us in a workplace...we were Mexican, Black, Afghanistan, White, Vietnamese and Chinese....we all poked fun at each other about race, ethnicity, family.....we were all best of friends...was that somehow wrong?
That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 PM

295 posts, read 256,696 times
Default Hate & racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORGUSX View Post
I hope you guys realize that if everybody were of the same skin color,there will always be hate. Okay,there would be no racism,lol!
C'mon now if everyone were the same race, religion, etc it would be one hell of a boring world, I mean face it whites hate blacks, blacks hate whites,religions don't mix. capitalists hate communists, I hate my neighbor, my neighbor hates me, I hate my car, I hate my boss...........
face it, we live in a hate filled world!

Racism is someone who is targeted because of skin color, religion, etc. but that don't include poor me because I have "white" skin. Can you please give me a tissue I'm gonna cry?

I don't want to go into this post too serious because everytime we get serious "THE MODERATOR" closes the post,so I'll just be PC and go along accordingly.....Ya'll have a good day now, ya hear!!!!!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM

725 posts, read 1,774,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooscoosmama View Post
I agree with you on some points... I lived in a almost all-black community at one time, and people did not feel comfortable around me because I am white. It really hurt me at the time, they would say mean things about me only because of my color, and many took no time out at all to even attempt to get to know me, judged me by my color. Many times, people in the community would blame me personally for things gone wrong for them, and say for instance, things like..." You need to go back to your people on the other side of town......White folks like you cant understand..." You know,.. the list goes on. Finally, I got tired of trying to win them over. They bascially just wanted me to apoligize for being white. That is something I cant and wont do.
I got outta there and never looked back.
Well, I just hope you aren't going through any self-hatred. Sounds liek you went through some crap

Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,465,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooscoosmama View Post
I agree with you on some points... I lived in a almost all-black community at one time, and people did not feel comfortable around me because I am white. It really hurt me at the time, they would say mean things about me only because of my color, and many took no time out at all to even attempt to get to know me, judged me by my color. Many times, people in the community would blame me personally for things gone wrong for them, and say for instance, things like..." You need to go back to your people on the other side of town......White folks like you cant understand..." You know,.. the list goes on. Finally, I got tired of trying to win them over. They bascially just wanted me to apoligize for being white. That is something I cant and wont do.
I got outta there and never looked back.
When I was in college, I lived in family housing with people from all over the world in our complex. A young girl and boy liked each other and he wanted to date her. She is white, he, black. His mother would not allow her black son to date the white girl, only because she was white.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM

1,613 posts, read 2,327,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
When I was in college, I lived in family housing with people from all over the world in our complex. A young girl and boy liked each other and he wanted to date her. She is white, he, black. His mother would not allow her black son to date the white girl, only because she was white.
We all know that happens on both sides of the aisle. Ignorance knows no racial boundaries.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 PM

295 posts, read 256,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveChick View Post
Are you serious ?? Blacks should be on their knees ??
Wow !! I guess I have to get on my knees and thank all my white neighbors then
Didn't mean to be so blunt but when you hear blacks telling someone white to go back where they came from? I'm just thinking to myself that it's always us whites doing the discrimination thing!
It's funny, this person should have called the Georgia civil rights commission and see what response you get! No, please don't go to your knees for me, I am not the one who brought you out of Africa or where ever you trace your roots to. I am just that well-off white man who takes everything for granted!

Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 PM

19,081 posts, read 21,191,700 times
Quote:
That's the way it's SUPPOSED to be.
I think it depends on who you are and the circles you travel in. I work with a diverse group of scientists (Chinese, Indian, and various Euorpeans) and it would be unbelievably odd to kid around in such a way. It wouldn't dawn on me to do so; similar to a vegetarian wanting to hunt or an atheist speaking in tongues.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 PM

52,622 posts, read 75,426,573 times
There's no such thing as "reverse" racism. You are either racist or you're not. Reverse racism would mean that there isn't any racism.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:19 PM

52,622 posts, read 75,426,573 times
Quote:
Been there, done that, but I was the Black one. It happened on multiple occasions too.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:27 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,525,260 times
i call out reverse racism/discrimination whenever I see it and believe it or not most people actually respect me for for it. The black people who use racism as a crutch/excuse for problems in their lives generally don't see eye to eye with me though. (I wonder why?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates