Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 AM

531 posts, read 499,795 times

Advertisements

I've heard stories thru my parents and their "grown up" conversations all my life....then when I was old enough to think for myself and It all comes back Via Media Through my "era".Then I read about it and Watch movies and stories about it on Tv. Those older voices are all "gone" now...but they were mentioning names and places and I've always wondered about... the truth....does any one else???? Remember??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 AM

765 posts, read 1,910,339 times
Another so called "Great debate" good job mods

Old 12-19-2008, 06:54 AM

elvis lives??? well...maybe he does....I was just curious what people "out there" hear....not what the papers and movies tell us...Don't expect a great intellectual debate...just a few common folks comments on what they knew or saw.....so,While we are at itid the "King" really die????

Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,538,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach_Fla View Post
Don't expect a great intellectual debate...
OK, we won't.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:33 AM

thank you mr.Blazer prophet.....Hey,It doesn't look like anyone 'wants' to talk about it anyway...so it's no big deal.....but when I was young and did ask the questions the answer was always"shhhhhh"....just like when they mentioned los alamos.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:57 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
elvis lives??? well...maybe he does....I was just curious what people "out there" hear....
I have a lot of interest in UFOs as a sociological and psychological phenomenon, but after reading a couple of your posts, I'm actually much more intrigued by your use of quotation marks, ellipses, etc.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:59 AM

1,555 posts, read 4,148,383 times
Quote:
I've heard stories thru my parents and their "grown up" conversations all my life....then when I was old enough to think for myself and It all comes back Via Media Through my "era".Then I read about it and Watch movies and stories about it on Tv. Those older voices are all "gone" now...but they were mentioning names and places and I've always wondered about... the truth....does any one else???? Remember??????
Maybe it would be interesting to talk about why you (over)heard stories about this from your parents. Did your parents believe that we had been visited by aliens?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:50 AM

Ok....we'll just let you High Intellectualls rest on your laurells.....as you seem to be just like them and don't want to talk about it...Or ya don't know anything about it ....to talk.....Have a nice day

Old 12-19-2008, 01:27 PM

gee....I just had to look a little bit further and I found people who were friendly and not cutting...and willing to talk altho it seems No one is still allowed near that area.Guess the gov. and the grown-ups(and geez...now, I'm old) are still saying"shhhhhhhhhh".....So....sorry I bothered You "On this frequency".(and by the way,the "king "did die,because he couldnt keep his nose out of a pile of drugs....which is really too bad 'cause he really could sing !!!!)So much for Hero worship.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:43 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,683,581 times
LOL Peach_Fla!

Some people believe that the whole thing was a hoax. I know that growing up in the 60's my dad was in the USAF and he saw some UFO's -they were NOT weather balloons, he knew what a weather balloon looked like. But he always said they were "UFO's" - UNIDENTIFIED flying objects - they could have been Russian, could have been US test projects. He didn't DISbelieve in aliens, but said until he saw the evdence he would count on Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I do know that when Reagan talked about the infamous "Star Wars" project he was talking about operational facts not proposed fantasies - both my oldest brother and one of my friends were engineers on that project that started in the '70's.

When I was married and lived on Sandia AFB in the 70's, I know that there were places deep in "the mountain" that no one but those with exceptional clearances were allowed. You've seen pictures of NORAD and the other underground bunkers on TV and in movies? That is what Sandia looked like underneath the mountain. Rumors abounded that the aliens' bodies were still kept there from the supposed 'crash'. There were always huge and 'secret' experiments going on, like testing nuclear radiation exposure, continuous hi v and low v electrical exposure etc, on F-16s - all sorts of weird stuff. Sometimes the test sites produced a distinct 'hum' you could hear all over the base. Sandia had three levels of fencing - outside was 6 foot electrical fence, inside was six foot with razor wire at the top, inner wire was eight foot electrically charged fence. In between these three fences rode the MPs constantly, all day and all night.

No one I know has ever been into the interior of Sandia, nor has had any contact with any type of alien life. But hearing about and seeing pictures of the UFOs that circle Mexico City (which kills me - why there? LOL) makes me believe that anything is possible. But I simply cannot make myself believe that aliens are visiting us with regularity or purpose - or that anyone who claims to have been kidnapped or 'probed' or impregnated by aliens is suffering from anything other than a desperate need for attention and a sad lack of self-importance. 1) If they have the technology to travel millions of light years, they should have the technology to render themselves invisible; and 2) if they ARE coming here and 'learning about us' - geez, we're not that hard to figure out, they would have to be pretty stupid to not have done so already, which again belies the 'travel millions of light years'; and 3) why conistently make contact with people with green (or, no) teeth and no ability to communicate effectively and convincingly? I guess I won't believe that they are here until one gets interviewed by Katie Couric. Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

I figure if nothing else they would all have to be male vacationers - you know how men hate to ask for directions, especially when they are lost!!

"Honey, that doesn't look like Alpha Centauri's nude beach!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates