U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2009, 08:16 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,361,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
When you say deep brown are you talking about people like Indians, Desis, Sri Lankans, and Pakistanis for example ? Because if you are than you are wrong because in the U.S census Uncle Sam lumps them in with Asians and not with Whites. And even if they were lumped with Whites in the census, from a social standpoint very few people in the in the real world would actually consider them to be Crackas, LOL.
Iranians and Arabs come to mind as well as Africans from Egypt, etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 04:54 PM

898 posts, read 822,978 times
As I've recently gone back to University and gotten the bill, I can say that I received no form of "White Privilege" from the Bursar's office when they sent me the bill.

But I've spoken to many folks who have received a free ride due to nothing other than the fact that they are a racial minority. It can be frustrating, maintaining a near straight A average and someone with a B average gets the free ride because their skin is darker than mine.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:07 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,674,988 times
Quote:
Iranians and Arabs come to mind as well as Africans from Egypt, etc.
Do you think some Iranian who gets confused for a terrorist because of his appearence at an international airport in the U.S or Europe has White privilege ?

Old 01-11-2009, 10:17 PM

1,501 posts, read 3,952,100 times
The best restaurant in town is already pressing capacity limits on Sat. night and Maitre' D says there's a chance that one table may open with a possible cancellation.

Me, Sarah Palin, Tom Cruise, Michael Jordan, Prince Charles and Oprah Winfrey all show up at the same time with our hungry families and would like a window table pronto.

Who's your money on getting rushed in first? Last?

I have found, especially in the workplace, that there's more clique and meanness within nationalities (my own) than outside them (towards other ones.)

It's all about what you've got; what you can offer (give), and in many cases, who you know.

(My money's on Michael first The Prince, then me, last.

Last edited by Travel'r; 01-11-2009 at 10:37 PM..

Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 PM

1,501 posts, read 3,952,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
Nash bridges.....(Cheech Marin) The George Lopez show... Carlos Mencia..... how about the old days Miami vice.... What about Jimmy Smits??? Oz .... CSI Miami .... Ugly Betty??? Lost ... House... Desperate Housewives ..( Eva Langoria) again
Only shows I really look at; The Law & Orders. Longest running franchise, too

Old 01-15-2009, 05:22 AM

1,526 posts, read 2,365,594 times
Pfft, what white priviledge? If anything the trend in racism these days is anti-white, at least in America.

"Whites as killers of indians", "Whites as Nazis", "Whites as oppressors of the blacks and latinos"... and so on. White guilt is so over peddled it's nutz.

Any race, except whites, can have their race in the title of an organization, e.g. "The Black MBA Association", "The Black Caucus" etc. Create the same organization populated with whites and name it so, and you'll hear "Nazi".

Now, shall we talk about things like Affirmative Action, "Reparations", The Black Tax, and so on?

Just last week I was listening to a *rebroadcast* of the "Black-Latino Summit" in Los Angeles.

Some of the topics were:

1) "When we people of color become the majority, what are we going to do with the people of non-color?"

or another speaker said:

2) "This is our time to push... but we expect some pushing back from the conservatives... what are we going to do about it?" (Response... was "keep fighting, keep fighting".

This was on a radio station mind you.

Never mind that Oprah, and any number of other people of color are "bazillionaires" in the media, sports, etc. And I certainly don't have any wealth traceable to slavery.

And I just adore how we've all heard about the 12 million jews... But what about the 30 Million Ukraines and 80 million asians killed in genocides related to communism... which by some accounts was jewish fueled and run?

I've read that only 7% of the world's population is "white" so what if in a few countries we are the majority? What's that you say? Those are the most powerful countries? Fine, so whites were successful during the era of expansion and conquest. Does any other race apologize for their conquests and genocides? Any blacks standing up and saying, "Oh sorry we killed those other blacks in Rwanda" and so on?

I for one, am fed up with the peddling of white guilt, which is what you are doing here. And I'm calling you on it.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 AM

2,289 posts, read 3,710,168 times
I, for one, don't want your guilt. Nor do I care one wit about your feelings toward non-Whites.

I just don't want you in a position of hiring and promotions; in a position of school admissions; in a police uniform; in a doctor's office; on a Court bench; in a legislative seat; or in the media.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:24 PM

38,753 posts, read 38,397,978 times
None of those items on the OP checklist represent anything except numerical majority.

Pose the same questionnaire in China, and you willl get the same results. "My Race" dominates the culture.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:23 PM

948 posts, read 2,491,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If you are talking about America, you are very much wrong. Whites still have control and a higher degree of personal rights and security in areas that are predominantly black because the wealth, the wealth and means of societal control are still controlled by whites. Whites still enjoy privilege in these areas.

All I know is that the people have voted for a Obama so it is all equal now.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:21 AM

2,289 posts, read 3,710,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
All I know is that the people have voted for a Obama so it is all equal now.
Indeed. That's all you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates