U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 07:54 PM

8,822 posts, read 9,640,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Pure fiction. Biologically race is a distinction with no difference.
this is true , the anthropologist who originally coined the term race were sorry they did because it imediately began to be used wrong ,and still to this day people will always think biology instead of distinction, they used the word to make distictions in the way people looked. in South Africa a couple who were Zulu and Lesotho would be considered a mixed marrige to the extent of requiring conseling sevice to make the marrige work, different customs, languages, rituals, different roles for each other etc... I was told by a white woman who went to Africa with a black woman on field trip in the bush, The natives would always think they were sisters because they had so much in common, they would of never thought the black woman had any thing in common with them even though they were of the same "race".

Last edited by thriftylefty; 01-24-2009 at 08:03 PM..

Old 01-25-2009, 03:38 PM

2,165 posts, read 3,241,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Well....NO....the entire country won't just mix into ONE look.

but we certainly need A LOT MORE 'bridge-gappers' in my opinion - mixed. For one, they are gorgeous, attractive, better genes, and with bicultural-ability, have a greater mental capacity than a mono-cultural, mono-lingual, mono-racial person.
</p>
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Anyone who is marrying inter-racially for the purpose of creating "attractive" children or have some sort of super kid needs to get their head checked and their tubes snipped.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:51 PM

when we think of racial mixing why does it always have to related to dating?, how bout in nieghborhods, and churches, and the work place, clubs, and social situations, how many people of a different race attend weddings and funerals with your family? this so called "Change" has to be at the core of society, the fabric, I think people will go back to the lives they lived two years ago and be more accepting because now we have an African America president, I for one am not so easily passified.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 AM

2,682 posts, read 3,580,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Morally speaking, that's a distinction without a difference. If you choose not to date a person of a certain color, society allows you that liberty. If you choose not to hire someone because of their color, the law prohibits it.

In both cases, however, you're acting upon a personal color prejudice. I would beg to differ that society is only harmed in one case and not the other.

To me, this post and Ohios represent different sides of the same sick coin. I know too many men who hate seeing "their women" date outside the race....and then at the same time....whine and cry about how women outside his race won't date him.

I knew Black men who insisted that the only reason every single white girl wasn't with a Black man was becuase of "racism". They were genuinley angry to see white women with white men. Hilariously, one day a white guy walked into the break room snuggled beside a pretty cute black girl. Those same dudes were livid....

Sorry, but this whole post smacks of piggishness. One side demands people keep love to their own people and the other say they shun those like themselves. Both are equally wrong...

Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM

I have wondered since the anthropologist discovered that Neanderthals and Cro- Magnum might have existed at the same time and place would this be the rational basis for racism

Old 01-30-2009, 01:13 PM

4,945 posts, read 7,102,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
To me, this post and Ohios represent different sides of the same sick coin. I know too many men who hate seeing "their women" date outside the race....and then at the same time....whine and cry about how women outside his race won't date him.

I knew Black men who insisted that the only reason every single white girl wasn't with a Black man was becuase of "racism". They were genuinley angry to see white women with white men. Hilariously, one day a white guy walked into the break room snuggled beside a pretty cute black girl. Those same dudes were livid....

Sorry, but this whole post smacks of piggishness. One side demands people keep love to their own people and the other say they shun those like themselves. Both are equally wrong...
I've seen this too. I'm a black guy myself. When I've seen this I just was blown away.
If the black woman was 300 lbs and 5 feet 2 with nappy hair and with a white guy, these same guys, would not give a crap. Quite the hypocrisy.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 PM

1,008 posts, read 641,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post

I've never complained that women outside my race won't date me, as I have no interest in such dating, for a number of reasons, not the least of which being I have no physical attraction to them. You cannot make me be attracted to people who I am not attracted to.

I'm perfectly fine pursuing only White Christian women who share my values and beliefs.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,060,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Rushton's views are clearly a minority in Science. He has been known to have questionable ethics, questionable associations, and to have made remarks that show a clear bias.

Have you every heard of Andreas Retzius? In the 19th Century he devised this whole system of skull measurements that not only "proved" the existence of Race, but that the White race was of course, the Master race. Hitler was a big fan, as this was the closest thing to scientific support his deviant ideas ever had.

DOLICHOCEPHALIC (long-... - Online Information article about DOLICHOCEPHALIC (long-...

Old 01-30-2009, 08:57 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 7,370,753 times
There was already a theory posted for the long term future about this issue:

BBC NEWS | UK | Human species 'may split in two'

In any case, it would seem to me (at least), that a very important issue when people choose to have children is whether they will be healthy. This in term is related to the genetic traits of the parents. If either or both have a greater than average probably of cancer, obesity, allergies, etc... (due to family genetics), then it would seem that having children with someone that does not have these traits, or opposite traits, would help minimize the probably of the negative traits from occurring in their children. Example, since sickle cell anemia is more prevalent in blacks (at least in the US), then two black parents would have a greater chance of children with this issue than parents in which one is black and one is not black (or some ethnicity that has even lower rates of this trait).

Old 01-30-2009, 10:03 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,720,623 times
To answer the initial question: no, or not for a very, very lon time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or