Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 08:40 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
There is only ONE RACE. LOOK IT UP!!!

ONE.

By definition, there is one race. Ethnicity is a different matter. There is only one race. One.

Look- there is only a 3% difference between you and I or I and anyone............the color of my skin, my hair and my eyes.........the rest is the same. One race.
Ditto.
I don't see anything wrong with mixing ethnicity. I've heard people complain that it will wipe out their heritage, yada yada yada. That can be avoided if people would just teach their children of their heritage. So many Americans don't even know what their ethnic makeup is.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:15 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Quote:
Then this would be the time they start. These are facts. We didn't make them up. One race. ONE.

If these facts are true, and you know they are, why play to the lowest common denominator?

The color differences come from the amount of sunlight exposure. Period.
Wrong. Black people are not darker skinned from tanning in the sun more than whites or Asians. If that were the case, then they'd be white skinned under their panty lines.

Again, even if you bleached out the skin of a black person, there is no way the majority of them could ever pass for being white. Or even a light skinned black person can never pass for being an Asian. It's much more than just skin colour in terms of physical characteristics. Blacks also make better professional athletes because they have different muscle tissue makeup. And has there ever been an Asian in the NFL?

And as a Chinese woman, even if I bleached out my skin to white, I could never pass for a white person. My eyes and nose would give me away.

BTW the colour of our skin is due to the amount of melanin pigment that we are born with, and that is determine by genetics. Yes, we are all part of the human race, but there are many distinct subspecies... just like there are many breeds of horses, dogs, cows and other mammals. They can all interbreed and reproduce with each other and create new species variations.

But I suppose the politically correct way to think is that every human being on this planet is identical in their physical and mental traits... and that we all have an IQ of 100 and can run the 100 metre dash in 10 seconds.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:35 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
Quote:
There is only ONE RACE. LOOK IT UP!!!

ONE.

By definition, there is one race. Ethnicity is a different matter. There is only one race. One.

Look- there is only a 3% difference between you and I or I and anyone............the color of my skin, my hair and my eyes.........the rest is the same. One race.
Great post Pandamonium. This pseudo-scientific race theory nonsense has come up again and again on these boards.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:25 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
It is hard to claim it is voluntary when everybody from media figures, to celebrities, to politicians, wind up pushing racially-mixed relationships instead of leaving people to their own devices to be with who they want.
Any evidence of this? Any evidence of people feeling, "well, I really wanted to marry Susie, who's white like me, but that's uncool and backwards, I really should date outside my race."

Where have you witnessed this?

Quote:
The same sort of moral elites who declare that homosexual couples make better foster parents than heterosexual couples.
Again, who is claiming this?

Quote:
It's not enough that miscegenation is legal, mixed-raced marriages are legal, homosexual conduct is legal, they want to push it into the spotlight and make it not just appear normal, but BETTER than anything else out there. It's not about equal rights or gaining acceptance, it is about shoving an agenda down the throats of everybody who doesn't want it.

This is typical language for someone who is very uncomfortable with social changes. They claim that it's not just that the people (or activity) they dislike is becoming normalized in views of society at large, but it's actually being pushed as superior to their traditional ways.

Thus, we hear "gays are ok, but not when they shove it in my face", "mixed marriages are ok, but not the agenda of replacing non-mixed-race marriage." In essence, the traditionalist wants to revert to times when these things were hidden, shunned, or otherwise socially disapproved of.

The word "agenda" sure gets used a lot by people upset with change. There is no agenda, OhioUnterAlles, it's merely the way things are going and you are on the outside of it.

Quote:
They take stances that run contrary to common-sense when they should just keep quiet.
Ah, yes, your position is very clear. It's not about forcing it on anyone, or advocating it for others, at all, now is it? It's all about the fact that people no longer have to hide what you disapprove of, because your social views are becoming the minority.

As for another poster worrying about loss of diversity due to blended children - don't you think that's more diversity?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
BTW the colour of our skin is due to the amount of melanin pigment that we are born with, and that is determine by genetics. Yes, we are all part of the human race, but there are many distinct subspecies... just like there are many breeds of horses, dogs, cows and other mammals. They can all interbreed and reproduce with each other and create new species variations.
Subspecies of humans?? Surely you jest. Surely.

Quote:
But I suppose the politically correct way to think is that every human being on this planet is identical in their physical and mental traits... and that we all have an IQ of 100 and can run the 100 metre dash in 10 seconds.
No, not everyone's identical, which is precisely the point. And everyone within a given "race" isn't identical to everyone else in their racial group either. Indeed, there are more variations within the races than between them.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:00 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,046 times
[quote=miu;12142542] Blacks also make better professional athletes because they have different muscle tissue makeup. And has there ever been an Asian in the NFL?

Bunk! The number of Blacks in professional sports is merely representative of people with the least resources exploiting what they can . Consistent and diligent street practice can make anyone athletic scout material.

The various shapes, colors, and types of domestic dogs, cows and horses do not represent subspecies, but simply different genetic types like curly redheads as opposed to straight haired brunettes.
You can make your own conclusions from your limited observations but the internet doesn't need your misinformation. Do yourself a favor and do a little research.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:30 PM

324 posts, read 573,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Any evidence of this? Any evidence of people feeling, "well, I really wanted to marry Susie, who's white like me, but that's uncool and backwards, I really should date outside my race."

Where have you witnessed this?

Again, who is claiming this?

This is typical language for someone who is very uncomfortable with social changes. They claim that it's not just that the people (or activity) they dislike is becoming normalized in views of society at large, but it's actually being pushed as superior to their traditional ways.

Thus, we hear "gays are ok, but not when they shove it in my face", "mixed marriages are ok, but not the agenda of replacing non-mixed-race marriage." In essence, the traditionalist wants to revert to times when these things were hidden, shunned, or otherwise socially disapproved of.

The word "agenda" sure gets used a lot by people upset with change. There is no agenda, OhioUnterAlles, it's merely the way things are going and you are on the outside of it.

Ah, yes, your position is very clear. It's not about forcing it on anyone, or advocating it for others, at all, now is it? It's all about the fact that people no longer have to hide what you disapprove of, because your social views are becoming the minority.

As for another poster worrying about loss of diversity due to blended children - don't you think that's more diversity?
OhioUberAlles hasn't posted on CD forum for 9 months. I doubt your message will reach him/her.

Old 12-24-2009, 06:18 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,432 times
Quote:

It is wrong if you are going by race and not by individual talent. Saying that just because a person is black that they can run fast or that an asian is automatically smart is wrong on all levels.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:27 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Wrong. Black people are not darker skinned from tanning in the sun more than whites or Asians. If that were the case, then they'd be white skinned under their panty lines.

Again, even if you bleached out the skin of a black person, there is no way the majority of them could ever pass for being white. Or even a light skinned black person can never pass for being an Asian. It's much more than just skin colour in terms of physical characteristics. Blacks also make better professional athletes because they have different muscle tissue makeup. And has there ever been an Asian in the NFL?

And as a Chinese woman, even if I bleached out my skin to white, I could never pass for a white person. My eyes and nose would give me away.

People are products of their environment. That is what I have learned in college. Why do many Black people have dark skin? For the same reason so many people in Africa have dark skin. Where alot of Africans lived, it was so close to the equator and with a strong equatorial sun, well, people had to adapt to their environment. Dark skin was a response to the strong sun, as a way to keep from getting too much sun. As people migrated out of Africa, there is a noticeable change in skin tone, as a response to lesser strength of sunshine. People migrated all over. Those who stayed in sub-Saharan Africa retained their traits while those who migrated, certain physical traits changed.

If all Black people made better athletes, then I would have gone to college on an athletic scholarship. I didn't. I depended on my grades to get into college. The question you should ask is "why are there a large proportion of African-Americans pursuing sports?" As a side note, I ran track in high school and every White guy on the team could run faster than me. I call it personal.

As for IQ's. I ignore that stuff. I didn't need an IQ test to tell me if I was going to college. I don't even think I took one.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:19 AM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times
How? The white surface reflects heat and light is . The dark surface absorbs heat and light.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates