Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2009, 10:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,594,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
I find it both hard and easy to debate with religious people because not one speck of their arguments(when using religion) is factual. There is no logic in religion, to have it would destroy it.
Arguing with fundamentalist religious people is like playing chess with a pigeon. They will knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board and then fly back to the flock claiming victory.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:06 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,349,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Jesus Christ is no imaginary friend. Is is SO very real ! g
Can you prove that he is real? Hard evidence not the bible and not just because alot of people believe he does.

Old 08-23-2009, 01:05 AM

141 posts, read 286,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Do you think people are way too obsessive about God and what The Bible says....??

Discuss your points of views please
are atheists too obsessed with convincing everyone how enlightened they are? discuss your ideas please

Old 08-23-2009, 06:32 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,538,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngar99 View Post
are atheists too obsessed with convincing everyone how enlightened they are? discuss your ideas please

Old 08-23-2009, 10:15 AM

37,777 posts, read 40,938,143 times
Am I too obsessed with chocolate ice cream? Why would you care unless you are a prisoner of their obsession (any obsession)? I don't think it's any different than a "so change the channel" or "shut off the TV" response when people complain about TV shows. If my neighbor sits and reads the bible for 5 hours each night and I watch 5 hours of cable news each night, what's the difference?

Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,349,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Am I too obsessed with chocolate ice cream? Why would you care unless you are a prisoner of their obsession (any obsession)? I don't think it's any different than a "so change the channel" or "shut off the TV" response when people complain about TV shows. If my neighbor sits and reads the bible for 5 hours each night and I watch 5 hours of cable news each night, what's the difference?
Those arent the people we are talking about. We are talking about the people that use the bible in all their arguments, and preach it to people who dont want to hear it. They actually think they have to MAKE you believe. They would gladly have any non believers punished here on earth, and not in heaven as the bible says.

Old 08-23-2009, 11:33 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,828,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Am I too obsessed with chocolate ice cream? Why would you care unless you are a prisoner of their obsession (any obsession)?
Well, let's check out your theory. Try to convince us that chocloate ice cream is manifestly and irrefutably the essense of the universe, and you know that this is demonstrably true because there is a generally self-contradictory book that, among a lot of hooey, belabors the perfection of chocolate ice cream. You have known this to be a fact since you were six years old, so it is indisputable. Enact a law that requires that the words "In Chocolate Ice Cream we Trust" on our national currency. Go to war against countries that prefer Vanilla, or who don't bow down and honor ice cream at all. Give chocolate ice cream parlors immunity from taxation. See if anybody "obsessively" objects.

Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,389,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
...chocloate ice cream is manifestly and irrefutably the essense of the universe, ...this is demonstrably true because ... [of the]... the perfection of chocolate ice cream. .
Sorry for "raping" your post. It just looked like too much fun to resist.

Besides if chocholate ice cream is the essence of the universe, then my existence shall forever more be exiisten-cential (yeah, I spelled that the way I wanted to.)

Old 08-23-2009, 02:52 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,920,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
That's not obsession...that's humor over how Christians can constantly ignore all the inconsistencies in their book of fanciful magic. After all, everyone loves a good laugh and the bible is full of things to laugh at.
Ditto.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:21 PM

60 posts, read 104,904 times
damn people chill... speaking of obsession... listen to MARIAH.. dudes..:

YouTube - Mariah Carey - Obsessed

why you so obsessed with OUR GOD if you don't believe or mock our faith in the first freaking place? the bible is full of things to laugh at? what about the earth is apparently billions and billions years old? hahahahha WTF! what about the dinosaur fossils?! ahahahaha greatest science fiction of all time if you ask me... what about the scientific studies made by men, calculated by men, formulas made by men. if u say the bible is made by men well so is science. and if we believers chose the bible over science why u obsessing on mocking our belief... geeeshh. like science has answered how the big bang came about, like the freaking evolution of man is not ridiculous - man evolved from apes? now that's freaking hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates