Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles LoL, a sword can mean many things.
A sword, like knowledge, cuts both ways.
Jesus has always preached his disciples to be knowledgeable.
And a pen still is mightier than a sword.
This is why Jesus is a preacher and not a simple warrior.

Translation- "When a sentence means something inconvenient for me, key words have multiple meanings."

You make about as much sense as the idea of smacking my head repeatedly into a brick wall.

Goodbye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 03:42 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles
Quote:
Translation- "When a sentence means something inconvenient for me, key words have multiple meanings."
LoL, you actually believe that Jesus' parables are literal truths?
I guess you only take the Bible literally, right?
But I admit that doing so sure makes the Bible a lot less complicated, even when it is 'wrong' to do so.

Sayonara.

Old 02-25-2009, 03:52 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles LoL, you actually believe that Jesus' parables are literal truths?
I guess you only take the Bible literally, right?
But I admit that doing so sure makes the Bible a lot less complicated, even when it is 'wrong' to do so.

Sayonara.
When His followers returned and presented two swords and He said "that is sufficient" what was He talking about? Did they sell their cloaks to buy knowledge, return with knowledge, and then He said "oh you have two knowledge (swapped for swords), that is great."

A sword is a sword is a sword.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles
Quote:
When His followers returned and presented two swords and He said "that is sufficient" what was He talking about?
So you're suggesting that you can quantify knowledge?

Quote:
A sword is a sword is a sword.
A sword is just a tool and a man is the sum of his experience (aka knowledge).

Old 02-25-2009, 04:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
troll alert

troll alert

troll alert

Old 02-25-2009, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
troll alert
Correct Greatday, just typing troll alert without giving any explanation is a form of trolling.

I admit that I find you a hideous troll for having a schizophrenic attitude towards everyone who disagrees with you.
Your schizophrenic attitude exists out of being polite while in public but being the exact opposite in private.
But since you're not a police officer I guess I'm off topic so I apologize to the other readers for my off topic remark.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Hijacked? Hardly!

This thread has gone in a few new directions, I'm merely following things.
Well, I know you're mearly following ancient dogma...but I write a whole two paragraphs on the actual topic of this thread, and you ignore it and continue talking about your imaginary friend and fairy tales. Go to the religion threads if you want to talk about that nonsense, this is a debate about the Police.

Here's more evidence why cops are lame:
A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090226/ap_on_fe_st/odd_good_samaritan_ticketed - broken link)
Talk about adding insult to injury.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:51 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Here's more evidence why cops are lame:
A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090226/ap_on_fe_st/odd_good_samaritan_ticketed - broken link)
Talk about adding insult to injury.
and you are another reason why the public shouldn't be armchair policing!

Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Had he not been there in the first place, it probably wouldn't have happened! DUH!!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 05:48 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
and you are another reason why the public shouldn't be armchair policing!

Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Had he not been there in the first place, it probably wouldn't have happened! DUH!!!!
But he still got injured while helping an elderly lady cross the street while a man was driving recklessly. That's excessive, a cop with too much time on his hands or a stick up his donkey.

Just like the cop who tried to prosecute Michael Phelps for a picture of him smoking marijuana that was three months old.

Murders go unsolved. Robberies aren't even attempted to be solved (read my earlier posts) and kidnappings go unsolved, yet they have enough time to write a man up for jaywalking or smoking pot 3 months ago? Give me a break.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:44 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
But he still got injured while helping an elderly lady cross the street while a man was driving recklessly. That's excessive, a cop with too much time on his hands or a stick up his donkey.
well like always you hate it when you get caught crap. SO WHAT if he was helping an old lady across the street??? He ALMOST GOT HER KILLED JAYWALKING!!!!!!

I know who has a stick up his donkey and it ain't the cop.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates