Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times

Advertisements

u must take this down with three and one quarter grains of salt and one glass of beer and a open mind i think that religion should be banned from public world wide my holy book says religion is causing a lot of hate and problems in the world. religion should be worshiped in one's own dwelling. [no more churches] look at all those fancy building funded by the poor pray in your own dwelling the true god that suposedly created all the univers in six days do's not need steel and concrete structures for his people to worship in. only in your mind should you worship god.i dont think god cares much for material things only spiritual thoughdo you think all those material possessions in the egyptian pharos tombs went to heaven no way in hel.l their all in museums and private greedy collectors mansions.. dam look at the islamic religion those people treat their woman worse than a cockroach you can stone your woman sell your woman kill beat humiliate,etc what religion would preach such violent acts againts woman cause without wo--........man would not exist!!!! so next time your taking a leak on a tree or whatever you are doing you can allways be worshipinng to your god not in a material structure funded by the poor.. so now you can repent all of your sins at home while u are reading these forums dam i wonder if god likes the rich people more than the poor just look at berny maofff insted of going to hell he gets to live in his repenting house to vent off all of his sins after screwing 50 billion from the average peoplenot to mention all those [greedyparasiticcockroachs] ceo's giving themselves multi million dollar bonuses with bailout money while the poor loose their homes it realy makes you think that god loves the rich more than the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM

1,008 posts, read 869,709 times
I think they should ban the use of smiley graphics in place of words, proper punctuation, and at times, entire sentences.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:26 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,692,471 times
Default thank you for the complement may god be nice to you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I think they should ban the use of smiley graphics in place of words, proper punctuation, and at times, entire sentences.
god shall be nice to all!! even people with bad puncuation and the use of a lot of smilieys. may god be with you

Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
Wander whatt the OP is on;myself.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:39 PM

1,008 posts, read 869,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Wander whatt the OP is on;myself.

I didn't read what he wrote. I took one glance at his overall post and decided it would either lower my IQ if I read it, or at least certainly cause a migraine.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:28 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,325,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
I didn't read what he wrote. I took one glance at his overall post and decided it would either lower my IQ if I read it, or at least certainly cause a migraine.
I have to say I agree. I didn't read it, either; I found it too distracting.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:33 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,497,348 times
I disagree. And I agree.

To ban all formsd of religion from public also means banning atheism as it is it's own form of religion. So now we ban everything.

That said, there are some areas of religion (the Ten Commandments...) that are the very foundation of law and government both world wide and within this country. Are we to ban all public religion and the foundation of our country just to appease some atheists?

I would hope not.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:01 PM

527 posts, read 1,278,745 times
Let people believe what they wish. Sheesh.

And your lack of grammar/spelling/smilies make your post painful and not so interesting to read.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 PM

588 posts, read 2,823,612 times
I read the first three lines and then stopped.

Cruxan, if you wish to be taken even somewhat seriously, you are going to have to improve your written communication skills dramatically. Judging by your post, I'd guess you were a 12 year-old who broke into Daddy's wine cabinet.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:17 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,566,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i think that religion should be banned from public world wide
Disclaimer: this response pertains only to the United States of America, where we have a "Bill of Rights" that includes the First Amendment.

While we're at it, why don't we ban all forms of written communication because they are used to convey personal beliefs and convictions of all forms, not just religious. These views and beliefs are not all held by everyone, so they should not be allowed in any public forum. Also, let's ban all other places of public assembly besides churches. This would include schools, sports arenas, parks, conference rooms, banquet halls, etc. If you're going to attack one facet of the First Amendment, you may as well cover all of them.

Give me a break .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates