U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
You contradict yourself.
I hadn't had my coffee yet when I posted that.

Protection should be encouraged but those using protection should understand that a child could still result. If you do not want a child, use contraceptives and then give the child up for adoption if necessary. If you absolutely refuse to allow a child to live in your uterus, THEN don't have sex at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 AM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
It's simply one of the potential risks of sex that people need to accept.
As I mentioned before people can still end up with a pregnancy even if they use birth control.

So they can accept it all they like but the only way to NEVER get pregnant is to NEVER have sex and that's just not feasible either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
As I mentioned before people can still end up with a pregnancy even if they use birth control.

So they can accept it all they like but the only way to NEVER get pregnant is to NEVER have sex and that's just not feasible either.
If you refuse to accept it under any circumstances, then you need to choose to not have sex. It's that simple.

If you want to substantially reduce the risk, use BC (and have the guy wear a condom as well...that makes the risk very, very low). If you want to eliminate the risk altogether, that is when you have to make a hard choice regarding your sex life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM
 
Location: Texas
8,668 posts, read 19,917,306 times
Reputation: 21277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
And...again, we circle back to the idea of childbearing as an appropriate punishment for Bad Girls.
Actually, some people would consider childbearing a "reward" not a "punishment."
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I hadn't had my coffee yet when I posted that.

Protection should be encouraged but those using protection should understand that a child could still result. If you do not want a child, use contraceptives and then give the child up for adoption if necessary. If you absolutely refuse to allow a child to live in your uterus, THEN don't have sex at all.
I agree. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to afoigrokerkok again."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
And...again, we circle back to the idea of childbearing as an appropriate punishment for Bad Girls.
What about being forced to pay child support for 18-21 years as a punishment for bad boys? Remember, the mother can simply choose to terminate the pregnancy and release herself from any obligation to support the child. The only time the man had the chance to avoid the responsibility is when he pulled his pants down. The woman also had a choice at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I agree. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to afoigrokerkok again."
I also tried to rep you again but couldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
If you refuse to accept it under any circumstances, then you need to choose to not have sex. It's that simple.

If you want to substantially reduce the risk, use BC (and have the guy wear a condom as well...that makes the risk very, very low). If you want to eliminate the risk altogether, that is when you have to make a hard choice regarding your sex life.
Rubbish!

You need to stop dictating how other people live their lives though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Rubbish!

You need to stop dictating how other people live their lives though.
I view abortion as murder. If someone came to me and said "I have the right to kill my 4 year old," I'd be very upset. Killing your unborn child is the same to me.

It's not all about YOU. This is the problem with the way our society has become...all "me, me, me." I'm concerned with the child's life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
 
9,912 posts, read 12,184,827 times
Reputation: 7257
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I view abortion as murder. If someone came to me and said "I have the right to kill my 4 year old," I'd be very upset. Killing your unborn child is the same to me.

It's not all about YOU. This is the problem with the way our society has become...all "me, me, me." I'm concerned with the child's life.
We've been over this before.

YOU seem overly concerned about what everybody else is doing right down to having sorted out a nice little plan about how everybody else should be living because YOU hold a particular belief system and YOU believe that everyone should follow your plan. So hate to tell ya, but it's not all about YOU either.

And here we are back at the bottom line again. There are worse things than death in my opinion AND far more criminal to allow a life time of suffering than abort a cluster of cells. I can't see either of us changing our minds here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2009, 08:10 AM
 
Location: Texas
14,969 posts, read 13,766,418 times
Reputation: 4539
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
We've been over this before.

YOU seem overly concerned about what everybody else is doing right down to having sorted out a nice little plan about how everybody else should be living because YOU hold a particular belief system and YOU believe that everyone should follow your plan. So hate to tell ya, but it's not all about YOU either.

And here we are back at the bottom line again. There are worse things than death in my opinion AND far more criminal to allow a life time of suffering than abort a cluster of cells. I can't see either of us changing our minds here.
You're right. I don't think you'll change your mind and neither will I.

That said...what you don't seem to understand is that, to me, it's not about people having a right to live their lives the way they see fit. It's about the fact that no one has the right to kill another human being. Period. It's not about my "belief system" or "my plan." It's about the fact that it infringes on another's right to life.

To you, there may be things worse than death. I suppose that to me there are as well. However, taking another person's life is IMO the absolute worst thing anyone could ever do.

I believe that people generally have a right to live their lives the way they please. They do not have that right when it interferes with the life of someone else, especially when it involves ending the life of someone else. I never said it was about ME...it is about the children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top